Stonklympics 2020

Tailgate

Be careful with market orders on that site during high volatility. Entered a market order during a halt for a short position of KODK and it appears to have filled the order at a price below it's range after it reopened @ 12:45 ($8.55 recorded on the p/l page; stock resumed trading no lower than ~9.50 during the minute after reopening). Maybe I am missing something in the calculations, or the page will refresh, but be careful using market orders on there when shit is going bonkers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

What does R/M mean?

Reverse Merger.

There is a world of defunct company shells out there (assets, customers, infrastructure) that people like David Lazar make a business of buying up controlling positions on, bring them current and more appealing for another company to absorb. This is the most consistent way you can get the really big % runners. Catch a rumor, or see an update to their leadership, and buy them in bulk when they're in the .000s

I'm a career non profit working, and don't have a big trading account. This is the easiest way I've found to take a small amount of money say $500 and make it into a medium amount of money like say $2k and then I bleed my profits off to do fun things with my family rather than reinvesting. Wash Rinse Repeat

• Hook 'Em 1

I think I discovered a pretty exploitable  idiosyncrasy of our virtual trading platform, so I'm turning myself in for unethical trading. I'm interested in what you guys think. Been slammed all week and haven't done shit with my portfolio of shitty picks. Today I had two  meaningless conference calls b2b  and traded the same shitty penny stock that I have been watching for a while about 5 times. I wasn't really thinking that much about it really, more amusement than anything else. The deal is that it has been bouncing between .0003 and .0004 all morning. Pretty easy to generate some serious profits. 

However after doing it several times on the contest, I said fuck it and tried to buy the actual stock. I have an open order at .0003 that has not been filled in like an hour, even though in that time my last buy on HTMW platform did fill.  The stock price is fluctuating IRL its just difficult to  actually get buy orders filled (despite 500 million shares already traded) . So the returns I realized on the platform likely aren't possible in real life which makes it kind of a bullshit approach, not to mention I don't know if day trading the same stock over and over is really in the spirit of the contest as for the most part I have no time for that shit either. 

Thoughts on the matter? What should be allowed and disallowed? I'm sure there are hundreds of shitty stocks that oscillate like this that any of us could find. If everyone agrees its bullshit and should not be allowed, how do we allow penny stock speculation within limits? No more than one trade per day, week etc.... on same stock? If we all agree its bullshit, I'll agree to subtract profits from my morning's trading from my final total at contests end. At the end of the day, its an issue with the platform allowing trades that likely would be difficult to execute in real life, but because there really isnt an actual market behind these transactions (they arent matching buyers and sellers) it is possible. 

Edited to add, I started trying to figure out  a bit more about how the platfrom processes orders through trial and error. I could never get orders of 4,000,000 shares filled, so there is some algorithm that decides which orders to process. But 3,000,000 orders eventually always fill. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

I think I discovered a pretty exploitable  idiosyncrasy of our virtual trading platform, so I'm turning myself in for unethical trading. I'm interested in what you guys think. Been slammed all week and haven't done shit with my portfolio of shitty picks. Today I had two  meaningless conference calls b2b  and traded the same shitty penny stock that I have been watching for a while about 5 times. I wasn't really thinking that much about it really, more amusement than anything else. The deal is that it has been bouncing between .0003 and .0004 all morning. Pretty easy to generate some serious profits. 

However after doing it several times on the contest, I said fuck it and tried to buy the actual stock. I have an open order at .0003 that has not been filled in like an hour, even though in that time my last buy on HTMW platform did fill.  The stock price is fluctuating IRL its just difficult to  actually get buy orders filled (despite 500 million shares already traded) . So the returns I realized on the platform likely aren't possible in real life which makes it kind of a bullshit approach, not to mention I don't know if day trading the same stock over and over is really in the spirit of the contest as for the most part I have no time for that shit either. 

Thoughts on the matter? What should be allowed and disallowed? I'm sure there are hundreds of shitty stocks that oscillate like this that any of us could find. If everyone agrees its bullshit and should not be allowed, how do we allow penny stock speculation within limits? No more than one trade per day, week etc.... on same stock? If we all agree its bullshit, I'll agree to subtract profits from my morning's trading from my final total at contests end. At the end of the day, its an issue with the platform allowing trades that likely would be difficult to execute in real life, but because there really isnt an actual market behind these transactions (they arent matching buyers and sellers) it is possible. 

Edited to add, I started trying to figure out  a bit more about how the platfrom processes orders through trial and error. I could never get orders of 4,000,000 shares filled, so there is some algorithm that decides which orders to process. But 3,000,000 orders eventually always fill. 

Was wondering how you made that move to 2nd lol. 

There is definitely ways to game that platform.  Sounds like similar wonkiness that I mentioned upthread where I got a short filled at a price far outside the actual range traded. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Stonkers gonna stonk the system! Damn CRMD.

@Blotto .... I believe ur the one who recommended or pointed us to this site. It’s ok for v1....will want to see what’s out there for v2. Any thoughts welcome. Options need to happen.

I say if you can do it on the site we are playing on now.....do it!

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

I deal a lot with deepcut sub pennies IRL and this is a pretty common scalping tactic amongst that crowd. There is definitely some machine gaming that can be done on this site, but I think you're fine for having done it.

Edited by RCRanger03

1 hour ago, Tailgate said:

Looking good so far Ranger.

I am waiting on some FDA "news" for CRMD. At least that's what the stocktwits kids are saying....we shall see....just needs to get here before 9/11.

Ehhh so-so, haven't been timing my plays all that well. Sexiest pick I had was SOAN and I pulled it at $420 when I could have had $2k easy had I waited a day.

I've actually been doing better in my real account using my Stonklympics picks since I grab them there first lol. Have made over $2k since we started with a smaller capital investment.

• Hook 'Em 1

Brad rolling a leveraged index etf into first at the moment.

1BradInNBTX 10,975.00 9.75%

VIEW

2Lobwedgephil 10,531.86 5.32%

VIEW

3RCRanger03 10,447.54 4.48%

VIEW

4TheFlyingBoat 10,356.73 3.57%

VIEW

5Blotto 10,303.15 3.03%

VIEW

6Anastasis 10,207.68 2.08%

VIEW

7zepol87 10,014.76 0.15%

VIEW

8BigBevo 9,665.41 -3.35%

VIEW

9TornACL 8,294.55 -17.05%

VIEW

10Trey3216 5,195.30 -48.05%

VIEW

• Like 1

I wonder if the right play for RC would have been to shut it all down at +17% or wherever he was and make everyone chase. Although the real shark move is just to fade Trey every morning. That's impressive. Beer on me if we ever bump into each other at a tailgate or whatever, Trey. RIP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder if the right play for RC would have been to shut it all down at +17% or wherever he was and make everyone chase. Although the real shark move is just to fade Trey every morning. That's impressive. Beer on me if we ever bump into each other at a tailgate or whatever, Trey. RIP.

I've temporarily been over 20%. Got over committed on that run up. Which is why my account swings $1000 daily.

I watched too much early 2000s horn games to be satisfied with playing prevent defense though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 3:19 PM, RCRanger03 said:

I completely whiffed on pretty much everything this week. Next week is supposed to be my catalysts all lined up. We'll see if I'm smurt or if I got stonked.

I was so confident walking into the week, but really I was Connery in this scene lol

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

@TheFlyingBoat stealing my strategy but doing it even better. You can go fuck yourself. Clever and props to you, but you can still go fuck yourself.

chicago fire GIF by NBC

Oh were you in QQQ or XLK or something? Sorry man honestly didn't look because I can't view other people's portfolios since I use the mobile website and trade from my phone.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TheFlyingBoat said:

Oh were you in QQQ or XLK or something? Sorry man honestly didn't look because I can't view other people's portfolios since I use the mobile website and trade from my phone.

Just giving you shit. I'm in SPXL which is just 3x leveraged SPY. TQQQ is like that on steroids. It's a great play.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Can one of you assholes check to see if you can trade KODK. Or even look up the ticker?

Thats a big nope. Lulz at them letting you enter a position and then preventing you from exiting. I wanted to jump om GOGO first thing this morning ....same thing. You get a result/quote when you search in the top search bar, but if you go to the make a trade page, no dice. there are some penny stocks I have tried to trade with no luck, but I was surprised I couldnt trade GOGO. 

Edited by Blotto

36 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

You won the battle today...but I shall win the war*

*I hope

My brrrrt outdueled your brrrrt for today.

It's a shame that we couldn't figure out crypto. It'd be fun to watch all of the hail mary attempts from the guys at the bottom over the last few days with the crazy YOLO cryptos and stonks.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, BradInATX said:

My brrrrt outdueled your brrrrt for today.

It's a shame that we couldn't figure out crypto. It'd be fun to watch all of the hail mary attempts from the guys at the bottom over the last few days with the crazy YOLO cryptos and stonks.

That's why I wanted options. My lulu options are printing in real life but I can't trade options in a world where I can play with make believe money and infinite risk tolerance? I must be taking crazy pills 

Edited by TheFlyingBoat

When does this end anyway? Not that it's going to change my SPXL YOLO strategy at all, but just wondering when the rollercoaster stops.

If we run this back I'm doing the "throw the dart" method once a day or whenever I remember. Straight up random stock gambling. Contest is way more fun when I just use it as an opportunity to do dumb shit that I'd never do with my family's actual money.

Edited by BradInATX