It's time we have a Chip Roy thread

bolverk

I, like many of you, live in the heavily gerrymandered TX-21, and this assclown is our representative. We need to pay a lot more attention to the stupid shit he says/does.

Inflammatory U.S. Rep. Chip Roy, R-San Antonio, suggested during a talk-show appearance this week that the COVID-19 pandemic is a hoax perpetrated by Democrats and the media.

During a chat with right-wing radio host Steve Deace, Roy accused shadowy forces of ginning up fear of the coronavirus to damage the GOP in the fall election.

"It is all about November and all about reclaiming power in November," said Roy, a former staffer for Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas. "And I think on November 4, there'll be a magic awakening on how we suddenly beat the virus."

Roy added that he's asking the White House and his colleagues to hold hearings to "shine a light on the absolute fraud being perpetrated on the American people of fear."

https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/archives/2020/07/30/san-antonio-congressman-chip-roy-says-the-covid-pandemic-is-a-hoax-meant-to-hurt-the-gop

Is this the TX-21 anonymous meeting?

Hello, my name is F250 and Chip Roy is my Congressman.

The district kind of makes sense but the way it narrowly slices into San Antonio and Austin is laughable.

On 7/30/2020 at 8:42 PM, F250 said:

The district kind of makes sense but the way it narrowly slices into San Antonio and Austin is laughable

I wish I could vote against him, but I'm over here in 15 which goes from Guadalupe all the way down to Mexico. In no way does this district make any sense.
And district 35 is probably just as f'ed up.

I gave a lot of money to Kopser 2 years ago and was disappointed.  I'll be interested to see if Roy gets any kind of incumbency boost to counteract the name brand and gender of Wendy Davis, as well as the anti-Trump wave.  My hope is the latter three outweigh.  I think Wendy has a chance, but she needs to get the suburban vote out better than Joe seemed to. 

2 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

It brings me down that I barely miss out on being able to vote against him and for Wendy. I live on the east side of the train tracks by Crockett High and missed out by a few blocks.

Also, it bugs me that he looks like a less cool Kevin Fowler. 

Hello neighbor.

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

It brings me down that I barely miss out on being able to vote against him and for Wendy. I live on the east side of the train tracks by Crockett High and missed out by a few blocks.

Also, it bugs me that he looks like a less cool Kevin Fowler. 

Double click on the map below and start panning around to see how weirdly specific neighborhoods in South Austin were chopped up, for example the little notch along Brodie or your neighborhood with a bit of his district just to the north and south.

https://www.texastribune.org/directory/districts/us-house/21/

Edit: Or how specific it gets around Old Enfield and off Riverside.

Edited by bolverk

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Double click on the map below and start panning around to see how weirdly specific neighborhoods in South Austin were chopped up, for example the little notch along Brodie or your neighborhood with a bit of his district just to the north and south.

Good lord, let's make sure to completely fuck students in West Campus and all of 78704.

If I remember right, when I looked at his map he included a good portion of west campus but not the Texas State apartment area (I did not attend Texas State, tell me if I fucked up).  Have the rest of it to Roger Williams if I remember right. Biff beat me, happens to a lot of college campuses, was a pretty good example in North Carolina regarding a HBCU that is cut in half.

https://www.commoncause.org/north-carolina/press-release/nc/

Edited by StassneyHorn

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Good lord, let's make sure to completely fuck students in West Campus and all of 78704.

Whoever said the district was just fine as drawn wasn't paying attention to how precisely carved up it was.

What was done to Austin in 2010 redistricting was not done by accident.

These same maps are what’s currently responsible for a lot of the flips though. Crack and pack doesn’t work when the suburbs get younger because of city housing prices and shitty Republican values, not just candidates.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/30/2020 at 8:42 PM, F250 said:

Is this the TX-21 anonymous meeting?

Hello, my name is F250 and Chip Roy is my Congressman.

The district kind of makes sense but the way it narrowly slices into San Antonio and Austin is laughable.

Apparently I just moved into TX-21 last year and didn't know it.  I don't know who gerrymandered this shit to look exactly like Massachusetts, but at least I live on Cape Cod now.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

image.png.9ce69cec05a8078471a33d773ad0bea6.pngLook at what

Look at what they did to San Marcos.  I live literally one block (in the blue) from that 1-looking thing on the left.

2 hours ago, relapse98 said:

What is it with the Texas GOP and electing people not from Texas? They literally cannot help themselves.

It's weird, non-native Texans move in and heavily play up the caricatures of Texans and some how get elected to office.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, F250 said:

It's weird, non-native Texans move in and heavily play up the caricatures of Texans and some how get elected to office.

Because it’s all bullshit.  I’m born in Lubbock and raised in Austin. I got over the Texas state pride bullshit...we’ll probably in my early 20s when I realized the people pushing it the hardest were the people who were most full of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, F250 said:

Chips Aroy and Granny Goeb are both from Maryland. Coincidence? I think not.

10 hours ago, relapse98 said:

What is it with the Texas GOP and electing people not from Texas? They literally cannot help themselves.

They really don't like Texans so they pick carpetbaggers to mold us into what they think is "Texan". Think the old dime novel writers in Philadelphia writing about the old west.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, RPM said:

They really don't like Texans so they pick carpetbaggers to mold us into what they think is "Texan". Think the old dime novel writers in Philadelphia writing about the old west.

Texans as a rule are stupid.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

The constant barrage of that anti-Wendy ad ("... just another self-serving politician ...") here in Austin is pushing me close to the edge.  I swear, if I ever run into Chip, I'm gonna go Talladega Nights on his ass ...

Believe it or not but I think those ads, along with her own ads of course, are actually helping her. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Believe it or not but I think those ads, along with her own ads of course, are actually helping her. 

The whiney Negative Nancy voice-over in Chip's ad (and the stupifying decision of anyone in the GOP bringing up the subject of self-serving politicians) seems like a bad choice.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

The whiney Negative Nancy voice-over in Chip's ad (and the stupifying decision of anyone in the GOP bringing up the subject of self-serving politicians) seems like a bad choice.

Her name recognition in the area, while already high, has got to be off the charts by now. 

Who is she running against again? 

1 hour ago, Horn_Spanker said:

Assclown Chip Roy supporter came to my door with NO mask.  Not even down around his neck! 

I kinda wish I lived in a neighborhood where they would knock on my door so I could tell them to fuck their own face.  I don't think they bother with Hyde Park though.

On 8/4/2020 at 6:54 PM, relapse98 said:

It’s a very weird phenomenon.

they move here and seem to embrace what they think is “Texan”, but they seem to really have no idea what being a true Texan is all about.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually thought it was great that Chip bucked a lot of prominent GOP trends in Texas when he called for Paxton to resign.  He's a cancer survivor and actually a decent guy in real life.  He's just a fucking Trump boot-licking cock-sucker of a politician.  But I'll give him credit on this Paxton thing, he never liked Paxton going back to his own time as a First Assistant AG.  But then he goes and forgets to cover his blindside.  Tries to claim he never knew Nate Paul.  Nate and his family have maxed out to every Chip Roy campaign ever. 

Chip Roy and Nate Paul were in the room together, when Chip was campaign volunteering with Cruz---currying favor to become his chief of staff upon Cruz's ascension to the U.S. Senate.  This was in West Austin in 2012 and Nate was huge sponsor/underwriter of that event.  Nate has been on Chip's radar for several years and vice-versa.  I don't care one way or the other, I supported Chip's opponent in 2018 but am not doing so in 2020.  But I do appreciate Chip calling out what Paxton and Paul have been up to, so long as he does it carefully.  Paul and Paxton are about to enter an extra-judicial environment and should tread lightly.  

• 6 months later...