It's time we have a Chip Roy thread

bolverk

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lobo
2 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

B09DF045-0EF7-4643-8C8B-D5C73D218954.jpeg

Wow, Donald Trump with the knife twist.  Who knew cancer would only be the second most lethal thing in Chip Roy's life this decade?  

Fun fact---Chip Roy and Fitlump were on one another's Campaign Committees.  

56 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

What was it that Chip came out shockingly against?  Was it the Texas lawsuit against Pennsylvania?

Roy was among a small handful of Texas Republicans who voted against overturning the election in January, and he delivered an irate speech on the House floor that was critical of Trump in the raw days after the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol. He did not, however, vote for impeachment, citing disagreements with the Democratic drafting of the articles of impeachment.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/05/13/chip-roy-leadership-donald-trump/

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo

That's gotta hurt Chip.  You lost by a huge margin, sold your soul to the Devil, and are still a sniveling cock-sucker with no spine.  

Stefanik has balls twice your size you fucking tragic oompa-loompa shithose.

I have to assume at this point Chip gets primaried by a Chadbro with Trump flags on his lifted Dodge diesel. I predict Chadbro wins by 6 points and goes on to have kids out of wedlock with Lauren Boobert and 1/2 dozen on his staffers. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

• 5 weeks later...

From that article.

McCall, who looks to Texas congressman Louie Gohmert as a political role model (“I think he’s a very, very sharp man and very conservative”), can be more than a little rough around the edges. This showed up again when he began speculating on why Cruz endorsed Roy.

Captain America Laughing GIF by mtv

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

From that article.

[quote]McCall, who looks to Texas congressman Louie Gohmert as a political role model (“I think he’s a very, very sharp man and very conservative”), can be more than a little rough around the edges. This showed up again when he began speculating on why Cruz endorsed Roy.[/quote]

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

How pathetic is it that people require the dotard's blessing to run?

While political endorsements are nothing new, Trump does take it to 11 by requiring a very public ball-licking even for the most insignificant races. It's pretty pathetic to see.

• 4 weeks later...

Republicans don't give a shit about doing what's right for America. They tried to overthrow the election in January, are denying attempts to investigate their involvement in said attempt, and are driven to do as little as possible for America in hopes winning in 2022. 

That's real fucking patriotism there.

Republicans are fucking un-American as you can get, yet they wear the flag on their sleeves every chance they get. Their voting base are too fucking stupid to see or care what they are doing to American and what they aren't doing for America.

Fuck the whole lot of them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 2:38 PM, crash_davis said:

Republicans don't give a shit about doing what's right for America. They tried to overthrow the election in January, are denying attempts to investigate their involvement in said attempt, and are driven to do as little as possible for America in hopes winning in 2022. 

Republicans are fucking un-American as you can get, yet they wear the flag on their sleeves every chance they get. Their voting base are too fucking stupid to see or care what they are doing to American and what they aren't doing for America.

AshamedPoliticalHalcyon-size_restricted.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/7/2021 at 2:38 PM, crash_davis said:

Also, what this really boils down to, in regards to their voters, is a fundamental misunderstanding of what “for the people” means. They are a party of pure selfishness and not giving a fuck about their fellow citizen. That includes their fellow republicans, which is ironic on its own. They have this belief that everything is only about them and fuck everyone else. 

This is anti-American not in just a philosophical way, but when looking at the mechanics of our entire system of government and society. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The full editorial deserves to be posted here:

Garcia: Chip Roy to non-culture warriors: Get out of Texas

On Dec. 13, 2000, George W. Bush addressed a bitterly divided nation.

For five weeks, the 2000 presidential election had hung in the balance while he and Al Gore slugged it out in the courts over recounts of the impossibly tight Florida vote. Finally, with a 5-4 decision, the U.S. Supreme Court shut down the recount process and handed the election to Bush.

Bush, a Republican who was then in the middle of his second term as Texas governor, consciously chose the chamber of the Texas House of Representatives — a legislative body controlled at the time by Democrats — as the site for his victory speech.

He realized many Democrats would be reluctant to accept his victory and he wanted to send them a conciliatory message.

“I was not elected to serve one party, but to serve one nation,” Bush said. “The president of the United States is the president of every single American, of every race and every background.

“Whether you voted for me or not, I will do my best to serve your interests and I will work to earn your respect.”

Putting aside Bush’s subsequent failures as a chief executive, and the messy process that put him in office, his victory speech was an admirable work of statesmanship.

It carried a doctrine which should be fundamental to our system: elected officials serve all their constituents, not just the ones who agree with them on everything; and governance is the product of a dialogue between differing perspectives, not something that one side dumps on the head of the other.

Chip Roy doesn’t adhere to that doctrine.

The second-term Republican congressman, whose district includes parts of San Antonio, Austin and the Hill Country, made it clear on Wednesday what he thinks of any Texan who doesn’t share his culture-warrior fervor.

It all started when David Simon, the acclaimed creator of “The Wire,” announced that because of a divisive new Texas law which bans abortions after six weeks, he was changing his plans to film a new HBO series in this state.

Roy shot back with a one-word tweet: “Good.”

Simon’s announcement came one day after 52 companies — including Yelp, Lyft and Ben & Jerry’s — signed a letter denouncing the Texas abortion law.

When a Texas resident responded to Roy by expressing concern that Texas Republicans were putting more emphasis on “culture wars/red meat issues” rather than economic development, Roy shot back, “If we lose the culture, we lose jobs and our economy. If you don’t like how we do things in Texas, leave. Quickly.”

With one short social-media post, Roy defined the mentality that has rotted away the foundation of Texas government.

In Roy’s mind, a differing opinion is not something to be respected. It’s grounds for expulsion from the state. According to Roy, in order to be a Texan, you have to adhere to his social-conservative agenda. If you don’t, you need to get the hell out.

Can you imagine Bush, in December 2000, telling Gore voters that they needed to get on the Bush train or leave the country?

Many observers have noted that the political figures who tend to be driven most by an old-west fantasy vision of Texas machismo — and carry the most rigid view of what it means to be Texan — are the ones who moved here from other places: Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, a son of Maryland; former Texas GOP Chairman Allen West, a former Florida congressman; and Roy, a Maryland native who grew up inVirginia.

In their minds, there is only one way to be Texan and one world view that is acceptable. The political evidence tells a different story.

A recent poll by the Dallas Morning News showed that 35 percent of Texans consider themselves Republicans, 30 percent Democrats and 34 percent Independents.

The poll also showed that 57 percent of Texans define themselves as either moderate or liberal. Only 37 percent call themselves conservative.

In last year’s presidential election, Republican incumbent Donald Trump received 52.1 percent of the Texas vote, compared to 46.5 percent for Democratic challenger Joe Biden.

All of this suggests that while we’re a Republican-dominated state, we’re by no means a state where everyone is in lockstep with the GOP agenda.

If you estimate that the current split among voting-age Texans is roughly 55-45 in favor of the GOP, Roy is kissing off 10 million Texans who see the world differently than he does. Rather than showing a modicum of respect for their ideas, he’s telling them they don’t belong here.

I saw Roy, during his 2018 race with moderate Democrat Joseph Kopser, demonstrate an ability to engage in thoughtful, civil discussions with someone who didn’t share his ideology. But then again I also saw him respond to a December 2020 tweet from then-President-elect Biden by saying, “On day one I will tell you to kiss my ass.”

That must be how Virginians show that they’re Texans.

• Like 2

I thought he was from Maryland?  Well, anyway...he sucks.  

I don't even hate his typical MAGA vitriolic hatred that is getting nice people...dead.  

I hate him because, as many family members of mine who cancer has taken from this Earth before their time, Chip Roy makes me root for cancer.  I hate him for that.

Edited by Lobo

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If he was actually confident that the Republicans would be "keeping her", he wouldn't be trying to tell people that Republicans will be "keeping her".

It's like Trump going in a room and saying he's the smartest guy in the room - if he actually was, he wouldn't have to tell people.

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If he was actually confident that the Republicans would be "keeping her", he wouldn't be trying to tell people that Republicans will be "keeping her".

It's like Trump going in a room and saying he's the smartest guy in the room - if he actually was, he wouldn't have to tell people.

It's more than that. It's like who the fuck does Chip Roy think he is telling other people that they have to live in  HIS America i.e. the America that he dictates? He's "Keeping"  America?  Like it's his to keep?  His mindset is so telling.
FUCK THAT ASSHOLE.   

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

It's more than that. It's like who the fuck does Chip Roy think he is telling other people that they have to live in  HIS America i.e. the America that he dictates? He's "Keeping"  America?  Like it's his to keep?  His mindset is so telling.
FUCK THAT ASSHOLE.   

Roy was born in Bethesda, Maryland, and raised in Lovettsville, Virginia.  <<<< yep, fucking carper bagger 

Chip Roy is strongly considering endorsing Justin Berry for Texas House 19...for the very simple reason that Justin is a police officer and Chip needs to look like a Trumpian "Law & Order" candidate.  Despite Ellen having helped significantly get Chip elected to Congress over my friend Joseph Kopser, Chip is leaning heavily towards this tack.  Elln is not amused, given how much she helped Chip in 2018 & 2020.  Gonna be some interesting Hill Country/Highland Lake infighting coming up here shortly.  

• 2 weeks later...