It's time we have a Chip Roy thread

bolverk

47 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Why do Texans keep electing these carpetbaggers?

There's the fact that a lot of Texans aren't native Texans.

But I'd say that it's mostly b/c too many Texans don't actual know what Texas is about. That includes natives and non natives.

Texas as a state of mind has been perverted into some sort of Republican cosplay fever dream. Those who grew up here know this.... well at least those who were born before 1990.

Therefore, all these carpetbagging northerners just come down and play the part.

Those who moved here at least have the excuse of thinking these cosplay Texas repubs ARE what Texas is.

Boomers and GenX born here really don't have an excuse. They are choosing to be ignorant and that's the most infuriating part of it all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

3 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

There's the fact that a lot of Texans aren't native Texans.

But I'd say that it's mostly b/c too many Texans don't actual know what Texas is about. That includes natives and non natives.

Texas as a state of mind has been perverted into some sort of Republican cosplay fever dream. Those who grew up here know this.... well at least those who were born before 1990.

Therefore, all these carpetbagging northerners just come down and play the part.

Those who moved here at least have the excuse of thinking these cosplay Texas repubs ARE what Texas is.

Boomers and GenX born here really don't have an excuse. They are choosing to be ignorant and that's the most infuriating part of it all.

Boomers have brain rot and a half to two thirds had their brains completely broken by technology, social media, Fox News and being old and hating change. Get Xers arent a massive number of people. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If Kopser then Davis couldn't beat this guy, no one will.  We are stuck with him.  I was in law school at same time as him and don't remember this dude at all.  I am sure it helped me enjoy that time better.  What a clown.  He did refuse to vote against the certifications on 1/6, as I recall, on some technical Federalist grounds, so he's got that going for him in a (stealing from Chris Rock), bragging about something your supposed to do kind of way.  

Edited by A-Tex Devil

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Cloud is a complete ass hat

And married to a Mexican.  She's a naturalized US citizen of course, but originally a Mexican, which makes me wonder if he voted for the new Dem bill that supports marriage to anybody of any race or ethnicity.

Chip Roy is interesting. He didn’t support, as I recall, Pence’s ability to override the states on a purely Federalist rationale.  Not because he didn’t believe in election fraud.  So he has, um, principals?

But he is precisely that guy in law school that is in Federalist society that likes to get cute with the constitution to proliferate the idea of “I know racial/gender discrimination seems “wrong,” but it isn’t protected in the constitution, so our hands are tied” thinking that has led us to guys like Thomas and Alito justifying their own evils. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

I can't believe Fitlump is the better politician in that photo, and it's not even close.

She met with Chip Roy, Ted Cruz, and a few other Texas members of Congress.

Me thinks she was not in D.C. for something related to city council business (although I'm sure it's presented as city council business for reimbursement's sake).

I bet she's scoping out her next job.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

55fc2330-fed5-11ed-8f48-84e04d597781.cf.

Could just be the angle and timing but Chip looks like the guy who is always walking behind the "cool" kids and tries his hardest to be in the conversation. Laughs the loudest and is always terrified to be left behind or not invited to something. Point of clarification: I'm not calling them the cool kids.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1