Conan's Pizza in Austin needs help

Longhorn Al

Saw this on facebook today.  I live in Kyle, but will make it a point to add Conan's back into the rotation.  I have so many great memories of Conan's in the 90s. My friends would hang out there on Friday night and play Magic.  There was a comic book store next door where the Enterprise is now that hosted Friday Night Magic.  Yeah, we were nerds, but we also played sports, so only half nerds.

conan.PNG

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RamjetFDO said:

I went to Crockett, and this was a regular lunch place for us... At least once or twice a week. Great memories.

Same. ‘86....loved that place...$1.99 slice and a soda...miss that....still hit it once or twice a year....need to get back soon.

• Hook 'Em 1

Hit lunch at the location off Anderson Mill Rd throughout high school in the early 90s (Go Wood!). Then found myself living off Stassney in the 2010s where I hit the South locatation as often as possible. Rocked the location near campus throughout my time at UT. What a kickass break that was.

Damn. It sounds like only the South location is in jeopardy? In any case, I would be absolutely crushed if this piece of old Austin fell.

Now I'm living in Cedar Park/Leander with shitass pizza all around - a pizza desert with no epic T&A comics.

Will make a point to start throwing money at the North location. Goddammit.

4 hours ago, Deej said:

My understanding it’s just the south location and that the north location has actually been doing steady business. Correct?

From the little I got from that post, it looks like the South location only.  I don't doubt that location has an increasing lease. 

8 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Hit lunch at the location off Anderson Mill Rd throughout high school in the early 90s (Go Wood!). Then found myself living off Stassney in the 2010s where I hit the South locatation as often as possible. Rocked the location near campus throughout my time at UT. What a kickass break that was.

Damn. It sounds like only the South location is in jeopardy? In any case, I would be absolutely crushed if this piece of old Austin fell.

Now I'm living in Cedar Park/Leander with shitass pizza all around - a pizza desert with no epic T&A comics.

Will make a point to start throwing money at the North location. Goddammit.

Didn’t Saccone’s relocate up I that way?

21 minutes ago, AustinMT said:

Didn’t Saccone’s relocate up I that way?

The only Saccones left is up in Leander on Hero Way.

Their pizza is awesome but their Philly was the star of the show.

However I went there and got one about 8 months ago and I was disappointed because it was nowhere near as good as the original.

Still pretty damn good though.

1 minute ago, Steamboat1874 said:

The only Saccones left is up in Leander on Hero Way.

Their pizza is awesome but their Philly was the star of the show.

However I went there and got one about 8 months ago and I was disappointed because it was nowhere near as good as the original.

Still pretty damn good though.

Sorry to hear it’s gone down in quality.  The old one back on 183 south of Lakeline was great, as was the one on 620.

10 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Savage, thick crust whole wheat, anchovies and japs (no racist), FTW.

MY MAN.  That's my order.

We ordered Conan's a month ago or so.  I told the family they could order whatever they wanted, I wanted that exact pizza, I knew none of them would eat from it, and I didn't care, that's what I want so I'm ordering my own.  And I did.  And it was glorious.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

MY MAN.  That's my order.

We ordered Conan's a month ago or so.  I told the family they could order whatever they wanted, I wanted that exact pizza, I knew none of them would eat from it, and I didn't care, that's what I want so I'm ordering my own.  And I did.  And it was glorious.

If you would have ordered a large maybe they wouldn't be going out of business. 

17 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If you would have ordered a large maybe they wouldn't be going out of business. 

THEY WERE OUT OF LARGE CRUSTS YOU SONOFABITCH THANKS FOR BRINGING UP AN OPEN WOUND.

I swear to god, I'm going to PM you every fucking video of every fucking Quentin Griffin touchdown against Texas, because you deserve it.

• Haha 1

I rarely get down South  but if I do, I'll definitely hit up that Conan's location. As an Anderson High kid living in "the flats" I basically grew at the north location at Burnet/Anderson, and I usually buy a couple of pies from them per month.  Conan's has always been, and will always be my favorite pizza in Austin.

3 hours ago, RollLeft said:

fify

3 hours ago, RollLeft said:

I went to Crockett, and this was a regular lunch place for us... At least once or twice a week someone was stabbed. Great memories.

Yep. Buddy of mine was stabbed outside of Hot Wheels skating rink. Early 80s.

4 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

The south location needs to get back on grub hub or some delivery service.  Their normal delivery area is too small, it stops at slaughter and I live a couple blocks out of it.  They were on grub hub for a while and I ordered all the time, but they dropped off a couple months ago.  

I read an article a while back that was about how every restaurant loses significant money on GrubHub.  You could always see if they're on Favor. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Wasn't there also a Straw Hat or Pizza Inn across from Crocket?  

There was back in the 80s at least.  The pizza buffet was legit.  It wasn't the BEST pizza, but for the price it was perfect for high school kids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RamjetFDO said:

There was back in the 80s at least.  The pizza buffet was legit.  It wasn't the BEST pizza, but for the price it was perfect for high school kids.

Wife went to Crocket and loved whatever pizza it was.  

Edited by Underdog

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

THEY WERE OUT OF LARGE CRUSTS YOU SONOFABITCH THANKS FOR BRINGING UP AN OPEN WOUND.

I swear to god, I'm going to PM you every fucking video of every fucking Quentin Griffin touchdown against Texas, because you deserve it.

That video will be too large for anyone’s email server!

2 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Have not tried that yet - will do so.

(There will be mild disappointment if there are no curvy damsels in distress working the cash register.)

Yeah, didn't want to derail the thread but Saccone's, Yaghi's, and Reale's are all good options in the Leander/CP/Anderson Mill area.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 8:56 AM, RollLeft said:

I went to Crockett, and this was a regular lunch place for us... At least once or twice a week someone was stabbed. Great memories.

On 7/31/2020 at 10:02 AM, irishtexan said:

sweet little papa's boy. never got stabbed at school. pussy

On 7/31/2020 at 12:35 PM, Steel Shank said:

Yep. Buddy of mine was stabbed outside of Hot Wheels skating rink. Early 80s.

Wow, I didn't realize there was so much stabbing happening in South Austin. I was led to believe there was only one house in South Austin where regular stabbings occurred.

• Hook 'Em 1