Conan's Pizza in Austin needs help

Longhorn Al

18 hours ago, Borachio said:

My first Conans.

Had the Savage and I added Canadian bacon, breakfast bacon, anchovies and extra cheese.

I read this as breakfast sausage and fell in wonderment at this wizardry.  Now I want to take a tube of hot Jimmy Dean sausage to Conan's and have them add it to my Savage.

• Haha 1

Could one of you old-timers fill in my rapidly depleting memory:  where was the actual original Conans Pizza?  I thought it was the Kerbey Lane Cafe location on Guadalupe, but reading some articles makes it sound like it was farther north at 29th.  Which corner, what building, what am I forgetting?

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Could one of you old-timers fill in my rapidly depleting memory:  where was the actual original Conans Pizza?  I thought it was the Kerbey Lane Cafe location on Guadalupe, but reading some articles makes it sound like it was farther north at 29th.  Which corner, what building, what am I forgetting?

The one I remember was in the same shopping center as Oat Willies.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah it was around the corner from Kens Donuts, kind of across the street diagonally from Toy Joy. RIP campus Conans. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I remember Ken's.  I had fond memories of it growing up.  Not as fond as the ice cream shop I use to go to with my grandma in Hyde Park where the Julios now is (hope they are doing ok). But I took my kids to Kens a few years back and it was one of the most disgusting food service places I can thikn about from recent memory.  We turned around and walked across the street for some breakfast tacos. 

Posted on Facebook:

To Austin and Beyond! I'm Jeremy Shirk, Austin Native, Crockett High School Graduate and Active Member of the South Austin Community.

On July 29th I found out that Conans Pizza South on Stassney ln. would be closing their doors for good on October 4th, 2020 unless someone stepped in to help, I am stepping up.

I have reached a deal with Scott, the Owner of Conans Pizza South, to buy the Restaurant, carry the Conans name and keep it running with no loss of jobs and no disruption of business. In this short time, I have raised large Community Awareness and I am now asking for the Community's support to help raise a portion of the initial capital that I need to carry this Torch.

Please Share, and Donate what you can, or go grab a pizza!! GoFundme Link Below. 👇🏼👇🏼♥️

https://gf.me/u/ynfkj6

As you all know, Original Austin Businesses are becoming a rarity in this town, and Conans Pizza holds a very strong place in this town's heart. It's not a Struggling Business, Conans just got voted "Favorite Pizza in Austin" by the Austin Chronicle. (Link Below) and as I have gone over the books, it's still a very stable business. The original owner is just ready to retire.

My Pledge to the Community: To Continue running Conans Pizza just as it has for 43 years, and to Continue serving the same Delicious Pizza that we all love so much.

My Marketing Background will bring Conans up the the 2020 standard and the team I have built in this short time will ensure it's survival so that more generations will be able to enjoy this place and it's pizza, as so many generations have before us.

Thank you all so much!
-Jeremy Shirk

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Blotto said:

Damn that brings back some memories.  My brother used to work at that one, I'd stop by at lunch, salad and a slice, the best.  Especially since the salad was a few greens and about half a pound of shredded mozzarella.  Also spent a lot of time at Alpha Music as a music major, picking up valve oil and trumpet etude books.

5 minutes ago, UTCzech III said:

Damn that brings back some memories.  My brother used to work at that one, I'd stop by at lunch, salad and a slice, the best.  Especially since the salad was a few greens and about half a pound of shredded mozzarella.  Also spent a lot of time at Alpha Music as a music major, picking up valve oil and trumpet etude books.

"I don't see no lettuce!"

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

What a brilliant idea . . . help me fund my new business purchase!

I mean, I guess it's better than having the place go under, but it's not exactly a co-op.

It's pretty brilliant.  Never any pressure to produce financials or to act in any way accountable to investors. 

21 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

What a brilliant idea . . . help me fund my new business purchase!

I mean, I guess it's better than having the place go under, but it's not exactly a co-op.

That's how they funded opening the Yard Bar on Burnet Road. "Thanks for your donation, now here's your membership fee if you want to bring your dog out."