2022 WR Phaizon Wilson

texifornia

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Why is IT not that excited about this guy?

I'm not sure they're not big on Wilson - I think they just didn't have a writeup ready so they had to come out with a pretty bare bones article.

He doesn't have a lot of game production since he's only had two years at Lancaster, which always has some pretty great WRs, so that's one reason they might not have seen him much.

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Why is IT not that excited about this guy?

Because they have a blistering case of bitchass

They probably didn’t have anyone at the Pylon 7on7 championships/tournaments — where Wilson was dominant against 4 and 5 star DBs a year older than he is, and who have a ton more game experience. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I'm not sure they're not big on Wilson - I think they just didn't have a writeup ready so they had to come out with a pretty bare bones article.

He doesn't have a lot of game production since he's only had two years at Lancaster, which always has some pretty great WRs, so that's one reason they might not have seen him much.

Eric posted this in February. I'm guessing he's still going off of this opinion 

"Did some research on Phaizon Wilson and he might be a tight end long-term. A HS coach in the area says he’s a bit stiff and lacks burst."

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Eric posted this in February. I'm guessing he's still going off of this opinion 

"Did some research on Phaizon Wilson and he might be a tight end long-term. A HS coach in the area says he’s a bit stiff and lacks burst."

Even if he's "a bit stiff and lacks burst," I'm guessing a guy who's big, high points the ball and has sticky hands can contribute in some way.

4 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Even if he's "a bit stiff and lacks burst," I'm guessing a guy who's big, high points the ball and has sticky hands can contribute in some way.

I don't have an opinion about Phaizon, although in general I side with Herman's evals. As far as slower target WRs go, I still don't get the Cain take, but I also didn't get Omeire before he got a lot more explosive his senior year, so hopefully that happens with Cain if he doesn't get pushed out of the class. 

15 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Unless he’s an Epps. Let’s hope he’s a Humphrey.

Epps has tremendous talent but is remarkably soft, and I don't think a whole lot of people saw that aspect at first. As long as Phaizon has that dawg in him, he'll be awesome here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/1/2020 at 11:19 AM, golfclap said:

Because they have a blistering case of bitchass

They probably didn’t have anyone at the Pylon 7on7 championships/tournaments — where Wilson was dominant against 4 and 5 star DBs a year older than he is, and who have a ton more game experience. 

Bonus points for proper use of 'dominant '

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

4* and 5* don't want to come here right now. Herman is going to have to fill up the 2022 class with 2* and 3* players. Hopefully one or two of them pan out

If we hire Urban the 2022 class will be fine. Its way too early for pants pissing at this stage.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

This motherfucker, Tom, has to be just curled up on the floor right now with his thumb in his mouth right? Michelle is standing over him saying “GET YO PUSSY ASS UP, SNORT A LINE OFF A STRIPPERS TITS, AND DROP SOME STACKS BEEATCH!”

Nope, they are looking at Lake houses near Tuscaloosa.. he's going to enroll at the Saban Coaching Rehabilitation School as an Analyst before being promoted to a QB coach then OC.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

If we hire Urban the 2022 class will be fine. Its way too early for pants pissing at this stage.

I mean, this is where we are.  All we have to do is hire one of the three best living coaches and our recruiting won't completely die and we won't become the Rutgers of the Southwest.

Fuck you, Tom.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1