Biggest mistake of your internet career

threesheets

16 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

There really are too many to count. Nearly fucking fit lump probably ranks up there in the most embarrassing category.

Chin up. No shame in testing the waters and being a closer. 

We all know people who’ve fucked and then married worse.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, RPM said:

Posting a pic on another board in a flame war, learning what metadata was and getting doxxed.

I didn’t know that shit either, but folks on here were kind enough to promptly give the heads up, ‘ Hey your fly is wide open, edit or delete that shit before you get hosed.’

Probably my biggest mistake was accepting Wide’s invitation to post here, after we had been longtime posters on 5ATF.

Taking this to a serious note, I've never felt right about the way I treated Taz. We were both unstable alkies at the time but the difference was he had a family and I was a single guy that had nothing to lose... so I baited that dude and really pushed him. I know that later he stayed in touch with Doc Holliday who I was friends with and I told Doc that I wouldn't mind talking to the guy in person to smooth things over but Doc didn't think it would be a good idea at the time (that was probably 7 or 8 years ago). Doc let me know that he was doing fine. 

Maybe it's a kindler gentler NL but that one has always stuck with me. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Taking this to a serious note, I've never felt right about the way I treated Taz. We were both unstable alkies at the time but the difference was he had a family and I was a single guy that had nothing to lose... so I baited that dude and really pushed him. I know that later he stayed in touch with Doc Holliday who I was friends with and I told Doc that I wouldn't mind talking to the guy in person to smooth things over but Doc didn't think it would be a good idea at the time (that was probably 7 or 8 years ago). Doc let me know that he was doing fine. 

What the hell happened?

We all fuck shit up. You’re a good internet guy. Nothing drastically bad seemed to happen and he knows you regret it and have remorse. That’s powerful even if he doesn’t want to talk. So be kind to yourself so when someone else needs that compassion you will have it to give. /speaking as someone who is relentless on myself when I mess up.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Biggest regret? Probably joining the 360 boards in 1995 because it all flows from there. A lot of times I wish I just walked away in 2015 instead of coming out to you guys. I definitely regret the 12-18 months that I was high drama. Hormones are a bitch. Y’all have been pretty stellar about it though and I bet some of you it was easy others hard and some silent folks that don’t say nothing for good reason. I feel “out there” and more visible here than anywhere else in my my “real” life which makes it a bit of a mind fuck at times. I pretty much doxxed myself. Not sure I like that. But it’s done so whateves.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

We were all pretty shitty in the early days of Shaggy. I was no exception. We all knew how to push certain people's buttons to get a response. I think if anyone looks back on the actions of their younger self they will have a lot of moments of regret for how they acted. 

The early days of Shaggy were crazy times. That weird preacher dude that was trying to pass as a woman poster and somehow got figured out was hilarious drama. And that dude that faked cancer and was getting donations until someone trying to send a wreath uncovered the scam. haha And the best part was the dude still posted on Shaggy and we all knew it but ignored it.  We definitely had a wild west energy that attracted a lot of goons and some loons.

On 8/8/2020 at 10:50 AM, mdmost said:

We were all pretty shitty in the early days of Shaggy. I was no exception. We all knew how to push certain people's buttons to get a response. I think if anyone looks back on the actions of their younger self they will have a lot of moments of regret for how they acted. 

I’d take that atmosphere of 2009 Shaggy over today’s surly without pause.

On the 360 site after a long night of drinking I posted my name, address, phone number (landline!) and location of my basketball season tickets in response to a “well aren’t you an internet tough guy” taunt. Occurred to me the next day this might not have been the wisest decision. Nothing ever came from it, though there was one game at the FEC about 2 weeks later where the same dude walked down the aisle and looked down our row like he was counting seats about 5 times.

Totally unrelated note, did any of you post as Mega David B on 360 about 25 years ago?

On 7/31/2020 at 6:46 PM, Sbbruin said:

Following a link to an MS Paint thread that led me to www.shaggybevo.com

{raises hand} Worst Sexual Experience, in MS Paint is my first time on Shaggy, and soon thereafter was the kayaking thread with goose photos and hot chicks .... and I was laughing and hooked on the site

• Hook 'Em 1