CBS All Access - Improves app, adds 3,500 episodes, movies, from Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Smithsonian Channel, TV Land, Paramount Pictures, etc.

atomheartbevo

https://techcrunch.com/2020/07/30/cbs-all-access-expands/

ViacomCBS  has announced a significant expansion to its streaming library, with the addition of more than 3,500 episodes of shows like “Avatar: The Last Airbender,” “Chapelle’s Show” and “Laguna Beach.”

Viacom and CBS were previously merged, then separated, then most recently merged again, and the additional content comes from across the company’s different brands — such as BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Smithsonian Channel, TV Land, VH1 and Paramount Pictures — plus additional sports programming, like exclusive U.S. streaming of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League.

All the Rugrats and Spongebob episodes.  They were on other services here and there, but they are eventually bringing all of the Nickelodeon stuff, including Noggin content (but Noggin will remain separate and still have its content since it's successful).  My kids love those shows, and I can watch them.

Other original content in the works includes a Spongebob Squarepants spin-off called “Kemp Koral,” “The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run,” an untitled project from director Richard Linklater and a miniseries adaptation of “The Stand.”

$6 a month ain't bad if they bring in a ton of Comedy Central stuff.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jeevsie said:

I'll just wait until there's a service that bundles all these streaming services into one platform and I can just pay one combined price for them all.

Sounds fishy. What’s the catch?

• Like 1

Hope the app is improved, it was crap when I used it last month. No watchlist, no way to go to the series page from an episode you're watching, and it would frequently skip to the end of the episode of you restarted it in the middle. 

It would often studder and stop to buffer every few minutes, but it got better this last month

• 5 months later...

Rebranding (that didn't take long) to Paramount+.

Going from 20,000+ shows and movies available to 30,000+.

The upcoming Paramount+ streaming service, a rebranding of CBS All Access with an expansion of available content, is set to officially launch on March 4, 2021.

Paramount+ will go live in the U.S. and Latin America on March 4, ViacomCBS said Wednesday. The company said a more detailed overview of the streaming plans will be revealed at its fourth quarter earnings call on Feb. 24.

While CBS All Access was focused on CBS and internet-based content, the new Paramount+ will include shows from a variety of ViacomCBS channels like BET, Comedy Central, and MTV. Along with the wider portfolio of news, sports, and entertainment, there are also plans for new original services. It will also stream some films from Paramount's slate of movies.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/21/01/20/rebranded-paramount-streaming-service-launches-on-march-4

• 1 month later...

Being rebranded as Paramount+ next week.  Also this:

https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekOnPPlus/posts/4039650166086775

The new frontier in kids content is Star Trek: Prodigy, an animated series from producers Dan & Kevin Hageman and Alex Kurtzman. 🖖 All the action and adventure of the Star Trek franchise for a new generation. Here's a first look photo of the bridge crew.

May be a cartoon of 2 people and text that says 'nickelodeon nicke STAR TREK PRODIGY Paramount+'

13 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Being rebranded as Paramount+ next week.  Also this:

https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekOnPPlus/posts/4039650166086775

The new frontier in kids content is Star Trek: Prodigy, an animated series from producers Dan & Kevin Hageman and Alex Kurtzman. 🖖 All the action and adventure of the Star Trek franchise for a new generation. Here's a first look photo of the bridge crew.

May be a cartoon of 2 people and text that says 'nickelodeon nicke STAR TREK PRODIGY Paramount+'

That is exactly what I would expect if you told me Nickelodeon is making a Star Trek series for kids.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/24/media/paramount-event-streaming/index.html

In a three-hour event from the Paramount lot on Wednesday, ViacomCBS (VIACA) provided the first details for the company's nascent streaming plans for Paramount+, which launches March 4. Paramount+ is a rebranding of the company's current service, CBS All Access. 

"This is not your father's Viacom, and it's not my father's either," Shari Redstone, chairwoman of ViacomCBS and daughter of the late media mogul Sumner Redstone, said as she opened the Paramount+ event. "This is a ViacomCBS that's been reimagined for a new kind of marketplace and a new kind of consumer."

ViacomCBS announced that the rebranded service will have two tiers: $4.99 per month with ads, and $9.99 without. That's roughly the same price of CBS All Access, but with a lot of more content. The $4.99 tier launches in June.

The company also said that it expects to have 65 million to 75 million subscribers by 2024, the vast majority of them from Paramount+.

In addition to details including pricing and new content, the company also announced that it now has roughly 30 million streaming subscribers globally, 19 million of them in the US. The company also said that Pluto TV, its ad supported streaming service, now has 43 million monthly active users.

That includes more than 30,000 episodes and movies from Paramount Pictures, CBS, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, BET and MTV, as well as live programming such as sports and news — a rarity in the streaming space.

In the first year, they are launching 36 original series.  6 of them will probably be Star Trek-related.

There will also be "The Offer," a series about the making of "The Godfather" film and others series based on movies ranging from "Grease," "Flashdance" and "Love Story." A revival of the comedy "Frasier" and a series based on the blockbuster video game brand, "Halo" is in the works for the service, too.

Jim Gianopulos, Paramount's CEO, said Paramount+ will have the studio's great library, which includes such blockbusters as "Titanic," "Forrest Gump," the Indiana Jones films, the Mission: Impossible movies and hundreds of Miramax titles.

There will be a new Rugrats series, yay?

They need to really dig into their Nickelodeon programming though - get it all on there, because if you want to keep parents subscribing, throw a shit ton of kids stuff on there.

So Paramount Plus is bringing the original MTV Real World cast from 30 years ago back together, starting March 4.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/mtv-the-real-world-paramount-plus-1234907284/

I'm not sure I want to watch it, because I have tried to move on from reality Tv, but also it will remind me that I, too, have aged.

The initial installment of the rebooted franchise will see the cast of the first season reunite for “The Real World Homecoming: New York.” The multi-episode reunion will be shot in the same loft where the series’ first season was filmed. Original housemates housemates Becky Blasband, Andre Comeau, Heather B. Gardner, Julie Gentry, Norman Korpi, Eric Nies and Kevin Powell will reunite for the project, which is being produced by MTV Entertainment Studios and Bunim/Murray.

• Hook 'Em 1

It launched.   Update your CBS apps.  Brand new Spongebob movie and Series for the kids.   Indiana Jones, Godfather, Mission Impossible, etc.   and holy shit, is there a lot more Comedy Central stuff, and the Smithsonian Channel has about 20 documentaries I want to watch.  

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It launched.   Update your CBS apps.  Brand new Spongebob movie and Series for the kids.   Indiana Jones, Godfather, Mission Impossible, etc.   and holy shit, is there a lot more Comedy Central stuff, and the Smithsonian Channel has about 20 documentaries I want to watch.  

Looks just like the old app. Must have felt they needed a rebrand?

3 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

With this, Peacock, and all the other streaming services is there any reason to have standard tv(satellite, cable) packages anymore? It's amazing how far we've come in such a short time.

No kidding, between Paramount, Hulu, Peacock (free), Netflix, Prime, Disney, and HBO, I'm still paying less than a fifth of what I used to pay for cable TV back in the 2000s, and I have a shit-ton more content.

But, live sports.  However, Prime, Peacock, Paramount, Netflix, Disney, etc. are all working on that.  Or divvying it up.

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

So who else is binge-watching 10 seasons of The Love Boat?  Or Taxi or Family Ties?  Or 40 FUCKING SEASONS OF SURVIVOR?

My 8 year-old saw me bring up Ren & Stimpy, and now he wants to watch it, and Beavis and Butthead, because I don't want him to.

200.gif

Disappointed I can't watch all 48 seasons of The Young and the Restless.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

so no more seal team or magnum pi for me unless I buy a subscription ?

i was using a dirctv log in before

Are they moving those to app only shows?

I guess I need to figure out what all is redundant and what I’d be missing if I dropped att now service.  It’s the random times that I want to watch discovery, tnt or USA, but if all of that stuff is housed under peacock or paramount or Disney/espn then why keep it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...