Mississippi Burning director (Parker) dies

Nice Guy Eddie

What a great movie and cast. I know they took artistic license with the historical background but I don’t believe Parker wants trying to make a point by point film of the actual events.  What a cast Alan Parker put together: Hackman, Dafoe, McDormand, Dourif, R. Lee Ermey, Action Jack/Ned Ryerson.

i rarely catch this movie being aired but stop when I stumble on it.  I might look for online tonight. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sure are pretty. Don't smell so good. 

Mississippi Burning was the first movie I watched during quarantine. Still great, still moving, still relevant. 

Parker also directed Pink Floyd The Wall. He also directed Birdy starring young Nicolas Cage and Matthew Modine. That's an underrated film that I never see anyone mention. That's been in the lineup of movies I need to rewatch. I'm going to have to move it up in the batting order.

RIP 

On 7/31/2020 at 11:34 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Parker also directed Pink Floyd The Wall.

Funny how one can't hear certain songs from that album, without immediately thinking of scenes from the movie.  Cannot wait for my son to be 8 or 9, and we can sit down and watch it, and discuss the intricacies of the British class system, and how the postwar generation was shaped by a draconian educational system.