EPL 2020-21

Firemans4Horn

i had to whack-a-mole 8 different streams in the first half of leeds-fulham.  twice, the streamer switched the channel, once to cricket, the second time to a guy with one leg hiking a mountain.

the pool match is going to be a disaster given the number of people that will be crushing the stream servers.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This is fucking retarded. And like someone else said, even if I pay for peacock I can't watch it on my fucking TV because it's a Samsung. My mom has a nice TV and sometimes I'll watch sports over there - oh wait! Her TV is a Roku - so nope.

This isn't even getting into how fucking stupid it was that none of the CL fixtures were on TV. 

Yeah, after the pandemic stoppage, Bleacher Report tapped out of Champions League and Europa League coverage. That allowed CBS All Access to pick it up a year or two earlier than planned. 

Here are two things that are fucked up about that:

1. For some reason Bleacher Report still streamed Europa Qualifying matches this week, so guess what? I missed the Spurs match.

2. CBS All Access is going away and becoming some Viacom super stream service in January. It’ll cost more I’m sure.

Bonus rant point: 

Some bars don’t get the streaming services, so good fucking luck watching matches with other supporters.

Just now, DeepEastTexas said:

Yes they are, though I’ll take your word for it. I didn’t see them play this morning, only last week’s Spurs match. For why I didn’t, see above. 

I haven't watched a second of them yet this season - just going by results. West Brom is West Brom but 5 goals is 5 goals.

45 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I haven't watched a second of them yet this season - just going by results. West Brom is West Brom but 5 goals is 5 goals.

Well, the key there is that they just beat them. The problem with Everton over the last five years is losing precisely this type of game against shit teams...particularly the week after a big win like Spurs last week. So that is encouraging. But I just can’t see CL realistically. It is too crowded at the top with really good teams. Pool and City are just to talent stocked to not finish in top two spots. Chelsea and United will both be good and I am convinced that arsenal is going to make an enormous jump up this year and challenge the top. Spurs are always there and Leicester and wolves should both be competitive as well. 

regardless, I do think that we will be a fun team to follow this year and shouldn’t have such frustrating, inexplicable results like we have been for a while. 

51 minutes ago, sidis said:

Well, the key there is that they just beat them. The problem with Everton over the last five years is losing precisely this type of game against shit teams...particularly the week after a big win like Spurs last week. So that is encouraging. But I just can’t see CL realistically. It is too crowded at the top with really good teams. Pool and City are just to talent stocked to not finish in top two spots. Chelsea and United will both be good and I am convinced that arsenal is going to make an enormous jump up this year and challenge the top. Spurs are always there and Leicester and wolves should both be competitive as well. 

regardless, I do think that we will be a fun team to follow this year and shouldn’t have such frustrating, inexplicable results like we have been for a while. 

I think it will depend on how Arsenal and ManU play this season. And maybe LC. I can't see any of Pool, City or Chelsea not taking a top 4 spot barring some massive injuries. 

apologizers attributing the paycock explosion to a contractual obligation pileup for nbc.  we'll see about that.

rumour has it that if you have comcast, paycock paid is included as a free app.

also the re-do on the pk was the keeper off his line before the ball was struck, so ticky tacky.  but the result was just regardless.  palace looked good and deserved all 3.

32 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Don't forget that NBC had a jam packed weekend of sports to show - Tour de France, EPL, US Open. Let's see if this is a trend or more to do with a full schedule. It was 1 weekend.

Not sure that PL matches getting bumped in favor of the Tour de France bodes well for the rest of the season tbh.

so we are now like 17 games into the season and still no draws.

i don't know why that keeps coming up in my head but it's an interesting little nugget.  wouldn't be surprised to see wolves and man city finish in a draw.  at least until liverpool raided wolves this week.

on that topic, can we now relegate liverpool to chelsea status for being financially backed by international criminals and all-around pieces of shit (standard chartered) given the news over the weekend?