EPL 2020-21

Firemans4Horn

6 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

sportrac mine as well delete their account with such terrible information. All PL clubs are required to report their annual financials to the tax man. 

from the Athletic:

A14F80ED-2D5E-4C35-AB41-60BF1C515938.jpeg

Huh - good catch - thanks for the correction. Either way it supports the point I was making. Arsenal spends a fuckton - right along with the big boys. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

The shitty thing beyond being 1 man down for the second half is that Mings will be out against Chelsea on Monday. Damn.

I wouldn't worry. His backup will probably play 90 minutes of solid football and score an 87th minute header to beat us going away or at the least win a point.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

If Palace weren’t 7 points clear of relegation Roy would be getting fired. This is a disaster-class performance by Palace. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Uncle Roy gets sacked and replaced by Eddie Howe before long. They look absolutely rudderless. 

1 minute ago, 406W30th said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Uncle Roy gets sacked and replaced by Eddie Howe before long. They look absolutely rudderless. 

not to defend Roy but Palace have had an aging squad for 3 years now and not really brought in any reinforcements. They are going to do terrible during the holiday run due to lack of depth and old legs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/25/2020 at 9:22 AM, ztejas said:

Huh - good catch - thanks for the correction. Either way it supports the point I was making. Arsenal spends a fuckton - right along with the big boys. 

*spends* isn't exactly the most honest way to describe it. Arsenal *has recently started spending* a little bit of real cash, infuriatingly right *after* we sacked Arsene "going to the final 16 of the Champions League 20 years in a row is totally unacceptable" Wenger. and they've done so under new scouting directors/DOFs, and it's been tragic.

for example we spent $100M on William Salina and Nicolas Pepé during the same summer where Leicester City brought in James Maddison, Youri Tielemans, and Caglar Soyuncu for half that price. 

In reality Arsenal does not spend anywhere near what clubs like Chelsea, City, and Man United do. Here's our 4 most expensive signings ever, all since 2018:

EF480ED2-474B-48C6-8018-9FF03BBD41EB.jpeg

here's the rest of our 15 biggest signings ever:

1B925E00-B07C-464F-AF48-994297FCDD99.jpeg

It's absolutely nothing compared to what City, United, and Chelsea spend on a regular basis. Didn't Man I bring in Zlatan, Pogba, and Mouronho all at once? Arsenal had *literally* never signed a player or manager with as big of a profile as these three who Man U went and picked up a the grocery store. Let's not start acting like this clubs weren't spending beacoup bucks when Arsenal was trotting out this lineup in Champions League matches:

7FC3155F-B4E1-438C-BF79-F7596C16FBE2.png

Edited by shadow_operative

also, getting Alexis for €42M is fucking amazing value. if he were English you'd have to pay £150M for that kind of production. 

further, Ozil- yeesh. when we signed him we should have built the squad around him. he had something like 16-17 assists by Christmas his second season. Ozil- Santi-Alexis-Giroud-Wilshere-Ramsey was stuuuuupid.  now Ozil is just hanging out, still on payroll just eating £350k/wk while he trains, stays healthy, and fucks his wife. all the while we desperately need midfield help. awesome. 

now then, losing Wenger, yeah, I knew that would hurt. but fuck man- who knew how much we would feel the loss of Ivan Gazidis. Gazidis and Wenger were criminally under-appreciated by Arsenal fans (*cough- Mack Brown/Rick Barnes/DeLoss Dodds  and UT fans- cough*), not to mention criminally underrated by fans of other clubs. this is what happens when you convince yourself that you deserve better than what you actually do. just embarrassing and all around hard to stomach.