EPL 2020-21

Firemans4Horn

toffees and southampton today at 2.  we owe them some fucking payback and a win would put us on track for 4th. 

it is a battle of the two teams who have one surly fan (plus ramjet and villa) since everyone else is a big club bandwagonner that cry about the other billion dollar clubs doing the same billion dollar club things as them.

Edited by sidis

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

busy week in the PL. set your DVRs

Mon - 1 match

Tues - 1 match

Wed - 3 matches

Thur - 3 matches

Sat - 4 matches

Sun - 4 matches

actually, for the next 15 days, there are only 3 days without a scheduled match.

$5 a month for Peacock is definitely worth it.  today and tomorrow's games are NBC Sports.   but 2 games on Wednesday are on the Cock, and all 3 games on Thursday are, including Liverpool/Chelsea.

4 hours ago, sidis said:

toffees and southampton today at 2.  we owe them some fucking payback and a win would put us on track for 4th. 

it is a battle of the two teams who have one surly fan (plus ramjet and villa) since everyone else is a big club bandwagonner that cry about the other billion dollar clubs doing the same billion dollar club things as them.

1 hour ago, sidis said:

A103C48E-2B55-4B2F-966C-FD5F27E7DB46.gif

You know, maybe one day your club can be big enough that you can chat about Everton in your own thread, instead of the entire EPL thread.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

unlikely ron if they keep playing like complete fucking shit like they did today.  good god they sucked ass...least worthy three points ever.  there can't have ever been a club that ping pongs so hard back and forth as this one.

also, scoreboard x2 and 4 points clear.

Isnt there a 2nd villa fan with ramjet...Simon bolivar??? Think that's the name would have to check thread

According to the broadcast, City has broken the league record with 19 straight games without trailing on the scoreboard. Arsenal had an 18-game run in 1999.

It seemed like the last couple years, just about every City goal was something to do with DeBruyne and/or Sterling, maayybe Jesus mixed in occasionally. But this year a bunch of guys who have been with the club have finally come to life. And the addition of Dias in the back was obviously huge, maybe the key to the whole resurgence.

The 3rd is going to start the end of the season run for Europe. Here are the final games for anyone in the top 10 hunting for spots 2-4 (because despite fuck City, they are going to win the league).

I highlighted games that are H2H between any teams on the chart or Man City in yellow. Red represents road games.

image.png

Europe Dates:     March 9/10/11    March 16/17/18    April 6/7/8    April 13/14/15    April 27/28/29    May 4/5/6    May 26 (Europa) 29 (CL)
FA Cup    March 20/21    April 24/25 (likely)    May 15

• Hook 'Em 1

Here is a much better chart that might give a lot more details. I put the Europe dates on the calendar. The FA Cup dates are the two bolded weeks and I highlighted the teams that are still in the FA Cup too. I will say this, the calendar for England could fill up quick depending on who goes through in the FA.

image.thumb.png.067218b00a7c09361c918c9c7212b707.png

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 10:48 AM, sidis said:

Excuse me, sir, I chose City way way way before the money. @alincoln and other old timers will confirm. 

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, I basically thought I was choosing the Mets but then the bloody oil money came.

You guys do realize that Huckleberry is actually Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan, right?

Edited by MoJames
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Spurs beat Fulham today 1-0. They had some VAR help on a clear offensive handball.

It demonstrates a major failing of the handball rules in the EPL. As they pointed out in the telecast - this isn't a handball if he is a defender, but because he's an offensive player, the ball can't be played off an arm at all or it's a disallowed goal, which that was.

The EPL really has some screwed up handball rules.

19 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Spurs beat Fulham today 1-0. They had some VAR help on a clear offensive handball.

It demonstrates a major failing of the handball rules in the EPL. As they pointed out in the telecast - this isn't a handball if he is a defender, but because he's an offensive player, the ball can't be played off an arm at all or it's a disallowed goal, which that was.

The EPL really has some screwed up handball rules.

Yeah. That's fucking stupid. He's right where he should be. What is he supposed to do differently?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Almost as bad as this.

1200.jpg

How close the kick came at least makes that understandable.

11 hours ago, ztejas said:

Yeah. That's fucking stupid. He's right where he should be. What is he supposed to do differently?

Well nothing. But they wrote the rule such that any handball in buildup waves off the goal, so...

I think the fix is that you define handball a certain way, call it the same both ways offense and defense. I would also put in a clause about the handball affecting play. Like Kante there. Or even state if you retain possession because of the handball - it's called. I mean Kante uses that handball to get possession and then play the ball away, kind of a joke.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

How close the kick came at least makes that understandable.

I agree in principle, however, what is "close". 3 feet? 6 feet? What if the ball is rocketed vs lobbed? I understand that the ref makes that call based on a number of factors, but the inconsistency between matches is horrific at this point.

5 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I agree in principle, however, what is "close". 3 feet? 6 feet? What if the ball is rocketed vs lobbed? I understand that the ref makes that call based on a number of factors, but the inconsistency between matches is no different than prior to VAR.

Fify

13 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

image.png.6b82bb0e70e45ca88ad205b19b3c2dca.png

Look at this guy. 5 minutes in the top 4 and he's proud and good. Strong enough to beat the world.

5-0-1 so far against spurs, chelsea, liverpool, and arsenal.  throw in leicester and it is 6-0-2.

damonmattmikemcd-128228.jpg

luckily for you guys we can't beat newcastle or burnley.

and lol at a spurs fan shit talking.  even everton has won four league trophies since you last sniffed one.  leave the russian gangsters to chelsea...you guys control the jewish space lasers.

1 hour ago, sidis said:

5-0-1 so far against spurs, chelsea, liverpool, and arsenal.  throw in leicester and it is 6-0-2.

damonmattmikemcd-128228.jpg

luckily for you guys we can't beat newcastle or burnley.

and lol at a spurs fan shit talking.  even everton has won four league trophies since you last sniffed one.  leave the russian gangsters to chelsea...you guys control the jewish space lasers.

Lol. There is nothing better than “we won it 6 administrations” ago smack.