EPL 2020-21

Firemans4Horn

But foul or not. That’s a couple of stupid points of VAR:

1. That’s the perfect example of something well before a goal or another big event that flips said event. What everyone hates about VAR.

2. This “re-reffed” the event. There wasn’t a foul called the first time, check it again - oh wait, that is a foul, “tweet and let’s go back”

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

holy crap Lingard’s first goal of the day was absolutely filthy. 

I love watching him Milly Rock all over the prem.  I'm a united fan but as long as we get a decent fee he deserves to stay at WHU if he wants to.

Edited by Tex48

I mean, it is kind of amazing they didn’t give up the last minute goal I guess. 3 points from three draws playing shitty ass palace, bha, and spurs. If you can’t take 9 off that clown show lineup, no right to have aspirations for top 5. 

3 minutes ago, sidis said:

I mean, it is kind of amazing they didn’t give up the last minute goal I guess. 3 points from three draws playing shitty ass palace, bha, and spurs. If you can’t take 9 off that clown show lineup, no right to have aspirations for top 5. 

Wait at what point did any Everton fan think they were finishing top 5?

confused jon stewart GIF

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Wait at what point did any Everton fan think they were finishing top 5?

confused jon stewart GIF

well over a quarter of a billion dollars in transfer fees in one year and you are going to choke away 5th to liverpool.

and honestly, that will annoy me.

47 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This Newcastle West Ham game is great. Down 2-0 and playing with 10 men, West Ham got it level. Newcastle just got a header to go up 3-2 with 8 minutes left. 

I gotta admit, giving up an OG and a second yellow/red on the same play is impressive.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

I believe the only issue is if the CL or Europa winner is in 4th. 

Did hear right that if

1. Chelsea wins the CL, and

2. Arsenal wins Europa, and

3. Chelsea falls out of the top 4

only the top 3 places in the PL get CL next year, (not the top 4 places). 

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Someone remind me, if City wins CL does the "4th" bid move down to whoever is in 5th or does it just take the top 4 incl City?

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

I believe the only issue is if the CL or Europa winner is in 4th. 

19 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Did hear right that if

1. Chelsea wins the CL, and

2. Arsenal wins Europa, and

3. Chelsea falls out of the top 4

only the top 3 places in the PL get CL next year, (not the top 4 places). 

Leagues only get the 5th spot if the UCL or Europa champion is not in their leagues top 4.

If BOTH are from the same league and not in the top 4, the league still only get me 5, but it would be the 2 champs and top 3.

If the Europa or UCL qualifying teams are already in the top 4, there is not an extra slot allotted to the league. 

@yoladu ‘s scenario is likely the only way this could happen. 

Edited by Captain Ron

Norwich City won promotion today before their game started. When Swansea (Wycombe) and Brentford (Millwall) both drew their games, that ensured that Norwich will finish at least in the top 2. With a win today, they will be 2 points from clinching the Championship title too.

The rest of the promotion/playoff slots are still up for grabs, but there appears to be a pretty good separation going for the 2 and 3-6 slots:

1. Norwich City 90 pts, 5 games left
2. Watford 82/4

3. Swansea 76/4
4. Brentford 74/5
5. Bournemouth 71/5
6. Barnsley 71/5

7. Reading 67/4

• Hook 'Em 1