EPL 2020-21

Firemans4Horn

You know - if the leagues wanted to use VAR well, they would determine possession from it. Goal kick or corner, etc. I saw a number of calls during the early games where the ref missed who the ball went out on, awarding goal kicks when corners should have been given.

These aren’t even subjective calls, they would be quick reviews, off on this man, the other team’s ball.

22 minutes ago, yoladu said:

The irony, of course, is that Liverpool owners want/wanted to take away EPL moments like that.

Not a bad point. If the SL is in effect, we’re in automatically and it would suck to get a draw, but who would have cared. 

if Liverpool win Wednesday they will be in 4th place going into Sunday.. regardless of the Chelsea/Leicester result Tuesday.

If i am a Liverpool fan i am thinking this is your rooting order for Tuesdays game:

01) Leicester win

02) Draw

03) Chelsea win

believe it or not Tottenham is not out of 4th place.. this is what would have to happen....

matchweek 37

Tottenham beats Villa

Liverpool loses Burnley

Chelsea loses Leicester

----

Chelsea 64

Liverpool 63

Tottenham 62

---

matchweek 38

Tottenham beats Leicester (3rd place secured, nothing to play for)

Liverpool lose or draw Palace

Chelsea lose or draw Villa

---

4th Tottenham 65

5th Liverpool 63/64

6th Chelsea 64/65 GD

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

there are a couple of other scenarios, but essentially

Tottenham has to win twice (6 points)

Chelsea has to lose at least once and not win the other (1 point)

Liverpool must not win either game (2 points)

Edited by yoladu

23 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:
12:51

HALF-TIME

Bournemouth 0-0 Brentford

Level at the break at the Vitality Stadium.

Bournemouth will probably feel they should be ahead, with Dominic Solanke seeing a header come back off the post.

The Bees are yet to register an effort on target.

COYBees

Edited by yoladu

29 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Real Madrid, Barcelona, or PSG? Or does he stay in England and play for Chelsea or City?

I would ask with what money? Didn’t we just spend a few Super days hearing how poor all of these clubs were?

Edit - Even take away the chatter as mere talk - who actually has the money to pay his transfer fee given COVID? Kane is going to easily command some serious coin and I’m not sure anyone has that right now. 

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Hook 'Em 1

Bournemouth will take a 1-0 lead into the second leg of their Championship play-off semi-final against Brentford after Arnaut Danjuma scored the only goal of the first leg.

The Dutch winger finished off a fine counter-attacking move when he side-footed in from the edge of the penalty area from David Brooks' precise through ball.

The Cherries created the bulk of the chances in front of a crowd of around 2,000 but Brentford missed opportunities to level the tie after going behind early in the second half.

Bryan Mbeumo poked an effort narrowly wide from six yards out and Emiliano Marcondes was also denied by a smart block from Asmir Begovic.

But Danjuma almost added a second goal from a free-kick late on only for David Raya to palm it wide.

The two sides will meet again in the return leg at Brentford Community Stadium on Saturday.

31 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I would ask with what money? Didn’t we just spend a few Super days hearing how poor all of these clubs were?

Edit - Even take away the chatter as mere talk - who actually has the money to pay his transfer fee given COVID? Kane is going to easily command some serious coin and I’m not sure anyone has that right now. 

City and Chelsea don't seem to care about money. They weren't clamouring for the Super League like the American owned EPL teams were. They were fine with taking the extra money though. 

33 minutes ago, mdmost said:

City and Chelsea don't seem to care about money. They weren't clamouring for the Super League like Liverpool and Manchester United. They were fine with taking the extra money though. 

fify, it's ok to put Liverpool in there.

30 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It's all on the Cock today, I believe. 

Guide on DirecTV and LiveSpccer show the Leicester - Chelski game are on NBCSN.  Same with Liverpool - Burnley tomorrow, although I got an email from peacock inferring that tomorrow's game is on peacock.

I'd recommend bookmarking this site or getting the app if you don't have it already.

https://www.livesoccertv.com/schedules/2021-05-18/

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, mdmost said:

City and Chelsea don't seem to care about money. They weren't clamouring for the Super League like the American owned EPL teams were. They were fine with taking the extra money though. 

Ok fair. But I would still ask who pays for him for the money he commands?

Right now your choices are:

Mbappe - 22

Haaland - 20

Kane - 27, with a history of ankle injuries

Don't get me wrong, if anyone comes up with a dump truck of money, Spurs would be stupid to turn it down. With a little money as there is on the market this year, cashing in a Kane could get you into your next generation of players.