Wilford Brimley RIP

TwiceHorn

RIP

There are many stories about his improvisational ability in roles. Everyone would get down their lines or whatever they were doing for that day, and he would just kind of always do his own thing.

Interestingly enough, in one of the Lord of The Rings behind the scenes features they talk about Ian Holm having a similar style of giving a different take every time. I didn't realize he had died just a month ago until I looked up his name. Both great actors.

• Haha 1

He did a film in 1987 called End of the Line with Levon Helm, Kevin Bacon and Holly Hunter that's always been a favorite of mine about 2 old railroad workers that are laid off then steal a train. Nothing really exciting happens, but 2 old men stealing a train is pretty f'n cool.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Xian said:

I figured he was a lot Older.  Hell, he looked to be in his 70s durning the 1990s 

He was only 49 when they filmed “Cocoon,” yet played a retirement home grandpa.  The other were all 20-30 years older than he was.

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

He was only 49 when they filmed “Cocoon,” yet played a retirement home grandpa.  The other were all 20-30 years older than he was.

Well shit, I am now 49 and a type I diabetic. Hope I make it to 85. FWIW, I do not look as old as he did then, although I do need to lose a little weight.

Edited by bamachine

1 hour ago, HouTex said:

“Wonderful thing a subpenee”.

“Do you think you have a case? Make it. It’d be good practice.” One of my favorite Newman movies as well.

Agree.  Underrated.  Lost the Oscar to Henry Fonda.  Newman lost out, wrongly IMO, on so many Oscars before he finally received it for Color of Money.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 11:06 PM, HenryJames said:

Dude was only 50 in Cocoon.

Yeah but he played someone that was retired and his wife was played by a much older actress, Maureen Stapleton.  My guess is that the character wasn't 50. On the opposite, there are plenty of actors 50 today but you think they're much younger. He just looked old.

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yeah but he played someone that was retired and his wife was played by a much older actress, Maureen Stapleton.  My guess is that the character wasn't 50. On the opposite, there are plenty of actors 50 today but you think they're much younger. He just looked old.

You missed the point! : memes