Explosion in Beirut

Pancho

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah, fertilizer doesn't do that. If anyone wants to take me up on a wager I'm game. It had to be a perfect (or imperfect) mixture of atmospheric oxygen and pressurized fuel - either on board or nearby.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermobaric_weapon

A mechanical failure or fuel leak that allows flammable fumes to fill the hull of a ship basically turns it into a floating fuel air bomb. Japan lost two recoverable carriers in WWII that way, but the speed of the shockwave really seems like a high explosive, not a slow moving firework or thermobaric explosion

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 1

There are two angles that show some interesting things. One close to the building you can hear what sounds like machine gun fire going off, suggesting munitions fire exploding. On one of the higher up videos you can see many reactions going off before the big explosion. It keep getting hotter and hotter, or bigger explosions were happening within the fire before very big explosion. 

i dont mind being called an idiot when the full truth comes out. but those tiny explosions "that look like munitions"  in reality look exactly like a pre-massive explosion in a fireworks factory.

small munitions, like ammo dont explode like that in the air unless they have had a massive explosion throwing them in the air.

heres what an ammo dump munitions explosion looks like.     Notice that all the items flying around have contrails behind them. its not unitl the BIG explosion that you see small ammo exploding in the air. 

Thats not what we see in the Beirut video.  In the Beirut video we see shitloads of small explosions where lit items jump into the air and explode. exactly like you see in a fireworks factory explosion.no contrails.  As soon as the big explosion happened in Beirut, all the small ones stopped.    exactly opposite the video above where most of the small ones really only happen after the large explosion

I'm not buying the fireworks angle. Sure, there were fireworks there, but I think there was something else in that warehouse. Not claiming anyone is an idiot for believing otherwise, but I just can't wrap my brain around an explosion like that being from just fireworks. It takes a large amount of human error (West/Texas City) or malice to get something like that .

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

Yup. My uncle studied at the America University there and lived there right before things went to shit. It was an Arab jewel, so naturally angry forces had to pound it into sand

I just read the other day that Steve Kerr's dad was the president of the university there until he was murdered/assassinated outside of his office back in the 80s

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, elguapo said:

I’m seeing a lot of speculation that this was a Hezbollah weapons stockpile that went up

Quick question.  Been out of the loop for a while about all the goings on in the region.  

Let's just say it was.  Who's responsible?  Or accidental?

1 minute ago, Rip76 said:

Quick question.  Been out of the loop for a while about all the goings on in the region.  

Let's just say it was.  Who's responsible?  Or accidental?

If any shit is happening in the region impacting any country not named Israel, then it's safe to assume that Israel is responsible.

41 minutes ago, Captainant said:

A mechanical failure or fuel leak that allows flammable fumes to fill the hull of a ship basically turns it into a floating fuel air bomb. Japan lost two recoverable carriers in WWII that way, but the speed of the shockwave really seems like a high explosive, not a slow moving firework or thermobaric explosion

On further review I think it was ammonium nitrate going off that set off a bunch of grain and who knows what else to basically create a mega FAE. 

So I guess it was in part a "fertilizer" explosion.

11 minutes ago, WBT said:

I just read the other day that Steve Kerr's dad was the president of the university there until he was murdered/assassinated outside of his office back in the 80s

And Arizona State fans taunted him about it (chanting "P. L. O." and "Your Father's History!") during a game shortly thereafter. 

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1988-03-01-sp-257-story.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-lebanon-tribunal-hariri/crisis-weary-lebanon-braces-for-hariri-tribunal-verdict-idUSKCN2500JU

WORLD NEWS

AUGUST 4, 2020 / 1:05 AM / UPDATED 7 HOURS AGO

Crisis-weary Lebanon braces for Hariri tribunal verdict

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Fifteen years after a truck bomb killed Lebanon’s former Sunni leader Rafik al-Hariri in Beirut, triggering regional upheaval, a U.N.-backed court trying four suspects from Shi’ite Hezbollah delivers a verdict on Friday that could shake the country again.

The defendants, members of the powerful Iran-backed group, have been tried in absentia on charges of planning and arranging the 2005 bombing which killed the former prime minister who spearheaded Lebanon’s reconstruction after its long civil war.

Hariri’s assassination prompted mass protests in Beirut and a wave of international pressure which forced Syria to end its 29-year military presence in Lebanon after the U.N. investigator linked it with the bombing.

The assassination also inflamed political and sectarian tensions inside Lebanon and across the Middle East, particularly when investigators started probing potential Hezbollah links to the death of a politician who was backed by the West as well as Sunni Gulf Arab states opposed to Tehran.

Hezbollah, which is both a political party in Lebanon’s government and a heavily armed guerrilla group, denies any role in Hariri’s killing and dismisses the Netherlands-based tribunal as politicised. (snip)

RIP

iduchdtym50z.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

One things for certain, bombs don’t produce that deep red smoke hue.   So all the twittertards can chill on this being a bombing.   This was certainly a chemical explosion.  It mentioned sodium nitrate, which when heated creates Sodium Nitrite and pure oxygen.   Takes 1000degreesF to do it, but pure oxygen in quantity will create a spectacle.