More Shows Being Brought Back (Who's the Boss, etc.)

atomheartbevo

I guess I shouldn't be surprised - Gen Xers are running a lot of studios/making decisions in Hollywood.

But it's no longer the 80s and Alyssa isn't a teen and neither am I.

Then again, she's a pretty hot 40-something, and I'm a 40-something, so....

Note: I had a thing for Judith Light.

Since they've brought back Magnum PI and a bunch of others, I'm surprised they haven't brought back Tales of the Gold Monkey, Airwolf, Riptide, the Fall Guy, A-Team (movie doesn't exist), and a bunch of others in that vein.   And ALF.    ALF should be brought back as an Adult Swim show.

Edited by atomheartbevo

This Gen Xer thinks this is bullshit.  Those shows weren't that great the first time around...  and 1000% not a fan of the Miami Vice/ Magnum PI redux attempts and the like.

Come up with something new, motherfuckers, Like a survival show or trailer trash arguing with each other on the patient mage's show, or maybe a chimp riding around in a semi..

Edited by slorch

14 minutes ago, slorch said:

This Gen Xer thinks this is bullshit.  Those shows weren't that great the first time around...

I loved Tales of the Golden Monkey and Airwolf, so shut your whore mouth.  Although as an adult, holy shit the Airwolf pilot was dark.

They couldn't bring back Punky Brewster or Webster.

And Small Wonder.  Holee Fuck that would freak out a lot of people.

1 hour ago, DCA_HORN said:

The who's the boss remake will be terrible. AM is a beating and don't need to hear her spout off more.
That said, the A-Team movie was fantastic. All of the shot franchises we have now and they couldn't make more of those movies?

I'm with you.  AM had me as a teen... but I have completely lost all interest.  There can't be an actual market for the remake?

A-Team... bring it anytime

There was nothing special about these shows,  Whos the Boss, Full House, etc.  Then you have the classics which should never be touched, so find something original. Stop being a lazy Hollywood executive... put the pills back in the drawer and actually think. 

Simon & Simon could be rebooted in a respectable way. I mean, if they put some effort & creativity into it. Which means it wouldn't happen. They'd make Rick & AJ cyber security sleuths, Rick would be a Gulf War vet and AJ a cross fit trainer on the side.

Exactly the show I want remade - and not reboot as two sassy Latina, single moms. I want pretty boy AJ and pervy, Power Wagon drivin’ Rick MFin Simon.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Deej said:

Let me guess...Alyssa Milano's character spends the entirety of season one of the reboot making sure Tony goes to prison for life for giving her a hug when she was nine. 

At least things didn't turn into Charles in Charge.

Nicole Eggert.......still looks good.

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Let me guess...Alyssa Milano's character spends the entirety of season one of the reboot making sure Tony goes to prison for life for giving her a hug when she was nine. 

Um, he's her dad?

1 hour ago, RPM said:

'The Wonder Years' Reboot Featuring Black Family a Go at ABC

It's going to be a black family in Alabama during the same time period.

That actually sorta sounds interesting. Going back to the seminal boomer time period, however, kinda kills the buzz for me. The "Wonder Years" were only a couple of decades in the rear view mirror when the original show premiered. Would love to see a producer nut up and cover, let's say, the mid-1990s to the mid-2000s.

Malcolm in the Middle was contemporary, not retrospective. It was fairly well done and holds up reasonably well, but it isn't an homage to that time period. Jonah Hill did a movie that was a 1990s retrospective. Think of something more like that, but in serialized form focusing on the era of irrational exuberance, the dotcom boom and bust, and the seeming boundless optimism of the pre-2008 era.

Edited by Apep

1 hour ago, Apep said:

Malcolm in the Middle was contemporary, not retrospective. It was fairly well done and holds up reasonably well, but it isn't an homage to that time period. Jonah Hill did a movie that was a 1990s retrospective. Think of something more like that, but in serialized form focusing on the era of irrational exuberance, the dotcom boom and bust, and the seeming boundless optimism of the pre-2008 era.

Like the Goldbergs, but only for the 90s?