2021 OL Michael Myslinski

There's our center for the class - Hook 'em!

https://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Myslinski-46086430/

giphy.gif

"How he fits at Texas: Myslinski checks in at about 6-foot-2, 285 pounds now, and excels at playing low and mean in the run game. He’s very quick off the ball, downhill but also laterally. He should be very precise with combo blocks on inside zone but also potentially in executing reach blocks on outside zone or pulling. Iowa would have made great use of his lateral quickness and Texas should do the same. UT’s keen interest in Myslinski seems almost like a chance for Herb Hand to make up for the fact that he couldn’t coach Parker Braun, very similar to Myslinki, out of high school into a center. He was only able to coach that low-set mauler for a single year and had to patch him into a totally new scheme at guard. – Ian Boyd"

https://insidetexas.com/recruiting-myslinski-commits-to-the-longhorns/

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Holy moly....Mom definitely makes this a 5-star addition to the class

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

*sister

This had me laughing immoderately.  Seems to capture what's been happening in 2020 OL recruiting.  Lulz.

The next Dan Neil??

Haha, probably not. I will say his film is some of the funnest stuff I’ve seen thus far from any interior lineman in his class. He bulldogs the shit out of those boys. Now only if the good lord would bless him with another 2/3 inches height and 25 lbs of thickness.

Welcome kid. Hook’em!

I will also add that this is a position of great need every single year.  We always seem to be forced to transition some non-center there.  If it's this guy or J.Brock who actually play the position already, then awesome.

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

I will also add that this is a position of great need every single year.  We always seem to be forced to transition some non-center there.  If it's this guy or J.Brock who actually play the position already, then awesome.

Programs are just never going to recruit a lot of guys who play interior OL in HS.  The best athletes on the OL in HS play tackle, so you're better off swinging those guys inside than taking IOL-specific guys. Same thing happens in the NFL. A ton of guys who play LT in college swing inside because they don't meet the measurable benchmarks for NFL Tackle. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Is this our Dom Espinosa, Zack Shackelford kid that is lower rated and starts 4 years for us? 

Dude absolutely needs the redshirt year to rotate between the weight room and the dining hall. After that, who knows?

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1