2020 PGA Championship - Harding Park

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

ESPN+ coverage was great, they showed a lot of golf from a lot of players. The announcers worked really well together too.

And of course as you're saying this, we have to watch Andy North blabber about nonsense on ESPN. Show some fucking golf. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I would’ve loved if a rules official decided to troll him about replacing it. That guy is entering Bubba/Reed territory for guys I root to fail. 

I was under the impression you couldn't replace a broken club.  Am I wrong about that?

7 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I was under the impression you couldn't replace a broken club.  Am I wrong about that?

Local rule saves Bryson DeChambeau after he breaks driver during PGA Championship 

A local rule saved Bryson DeChambeau after the bulked-up tee box phenom broke his driver by leaning on it during the first day of the PGA Championship at San Francisco's Harding Park.

The head on the driver snapped off from the shaft after DeChambeau briefly put some weight on the club following his drive on hole seven. After the club broke, DeChambeau was allowed to replace it thanks to a local rule that states players can replace damaged clubs so long as those clubs were not destroyed in an act of "abuse."

"Starting in 2019, this is a local rule that’s in effect for the PGA Championship, for which a club is significantly damaged and breaking the pieces would meet the standard,” said PGA Rules Committee member Brad Gregory during the ESPN broadcast. “If this happens without abusing the club — if Bryson would have slammed it into the ground, for instance — that would be a different story. But since it happened without abusing it, he would be allowed to replace it."

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

If Spieth ever gets his game going again, it won’t be at this event 

he's a JAG at this point. IMO, he'll win some events over his career and might win another major since he has so many years left but he's done being the next big thing.  Johnny Miller redux.

brainfarts too much on the course, too much in his head and needs to retool his swing.  

6 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

This happened to me with my putter last week in Florida. I finished the last few holes with my buddy’s. Then I worked all week, forgot about it, and am walking into the Pebble pro shop tomorrow in the market for a new Scotty Cameron. How bad will I get ass raped?

very limited selection. you're right by the studio, hit them up ?

any club broken during the 'normal' course of play should be replaced, at all events

the callaway van has a whole section reserved for lefty's back up gear. if i remember right : his last 3 driver and 3wood set ups, his last 3 sets of irons and his last 10 wedges. 

Edited by tx 3 putt

13 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

This happened to me with my putter last week in Florida. I finished the last few holes with my buddy’s. Then I worked all week, forgot about it, and am walking into the Pebble pro shop tomorrow in the market for a new Scotty Cameron. How bad will I get ass raped?

No less than the $2,000 to play Pebble (if you are staying on property) - but from what I'm told well worth it.
I will sell my slightly used Scotty for 1/2 of what they want at the pro shop + you pay my Pebble greens fees

(great humblebrag, and we/I fully expect a full report on your trip to the Monterey Peninsula - I highly recommend playing Pacific Grove Muni, really just the back 9 as a great value experience while you are out there)

13 hours ago, dcar00 said:

he's a JAG at this point. IMO, he'll win some events over his career and might win another major since he has so many years left but he's done being the next big thing.  Johnny Miller redux.

brainfarts too much on the course, too much in his head and needs to retool his swing.  

I’m indifferent on his swing, I think he fucked by messing with it. It was unique and worked fine. He’s been the best putter, best wedge player and best iron player at various stages in his career. He’s also one of the better bunker players on tour. 

13 hours ago, dcar00 said:

i had to laugh when they kept showing him on the range yesterday.  you've had 3 years of suck and you think you can fix it with a range session?

1 hour ago, Revolution512 said:

I’m indifferent on his swing, I think he fucked by messing with it. It was unique and worked fine. He’s been the best putter, best wedge player and best iron player at various stages in his career. He’s also one of the better bunker players on tour. 

agree that he was that.  when the putting went south(meaning from Unreal to average) he went south.  then the distance control on his irons went.  driver was always hit or miss.  I'm not a stat geek so these are just my opinions from watching him.  If he gets unreal with the putter again he can win but I fully believe he needs to retool his swing.  hes got another 20 years so who knows.

47 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

i had to laugh when they kept showing him on the range yesterday.  you've had 3 years of suck and you think you can fix it with a range session?

He’s done as an elite golfer. Getting back into the top 50 would be a nice goal for him