2020 PGA Championship - Harding Park

26 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

It’s probably by whoever the fuck the producer decides will get joe blow channel surfing to sit up, take notice and leave the remote alone for a couple of commercial breaks.

It is by OWGR. Which is basically the angle you're describing.

First Japanese American major winner. 

I think it’s kinda cool Champ has that name and is 1/4 black. I don’t think it’s cool he was an Aggie (but I love Ryan Palmer) and the fact that CBS and ESPN beat his blackness down my fucking throat. 

It’s not the first time you’ve had blackness down your throat.

So glad Collin won and douchebag Koepka ate his words...

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Good on Rory. 

Completely agree with Rory here. Koepka, and many in the golf media, seriously overvalue majors. Frankly, there isn't much difference in winning the PGA championship versus the memorial, bay hill, players, or any other big event. 

Edited by StruggleBus

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

DJ has twice as many events as Brooks. 

Completely disagree with him  He’s supporting a home wrecking coke head dipshit. Brooks has as many majors in 43 fewer events, by the way. And you ought to extend “golf media” to “golf world”, and that take is terrible. It’s like saying “QBs should be remembered for SB wins”.  I guess Sam Snead had a better career than Jack Nicklaus. And Billy Casper was better than Hagen, Sarazen, Watson and Phil. 

We get it. You hate DJ. 

There is no golf superbowl. And if there was, the PGA championship definitely would not be in the discussion. 

Majors are majors. They're the first thing that should be looked at when evaluating a player's legacy. But they aren't the end-all be-all for comparing resumes. I would argue that Vijay for example has a better career than Brooks as it currently stands. I would argue that Phil is a better golfer and had a better career than Faldo. As long as two guys are in the same ballpark majors-wise then you can absolutely elevate either of them over the other.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I don’t think he’s great

He has over 20 tour wins, 6 WGCs and a US Open, and was #1 in the world for over a year straight. He's about as great as you can get with only one major. Any guy with 20 wins on the modern tour is going to get a fuckton of respect from their peers and should. No one else under 40 has cracked 20 yet.

5 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Okay. Would you rather have 1 pga championship win or 2 WGC's and a Houston Open?

Um. I dont know how many WGCs equals a PGA Championship but it's certainly more than 2. Especially if the player in question has never won a major.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Um. I dont know how many WGCs equals a PGA Championship but it's certainly more than 2. Especially if the player in question has never won a major.

You'd rather be Shaun Micheel than Ian Poulter?

I mean Ian is definitely a cunt sometimes, but I'm not seeing it. 

But seriously who cares if a guy can win the John Deere 5 times while any player that qualified for the open is over there getting ready?  Wins, in and of themselves, aren’t a great metric to determine greatness, other than as a disqualifier if you don’t have them. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

But seriously who cares if a guy can win the John Deere 5 times while any player that qualified for the open is over there getting ready?  Wins, in and of themselves, aren’t a great metric to determine greatness, other than as a disqualified if you don’t have them. 

I agree with that. I just think the four "majors" are stupid. Tournaments should be rated by their strength of field, not by arbitrary "major" titles. Yes, the majors would still be at the top, but it would give a huge boost to the other big tournaments out there that are just as difficult to win. 

3 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

You'd rather be Shaun Micheel than Ian Poulter?

I mean Ian is definitely a cunt sometimes, but I'm not seeing it. 

If Poulter didn't have 10 Euro wins? Yes. I would rather have a PGA Championship. I probably rather would regardless, but Poulter has made a lot more money.

But you're comparing non hall of famers so who really cares at the end of the day. 

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

Ha. So you think most events not named TPC or SOME WGC events have fields as prestigious as virtually any major?  Cmon man. 

Of course not. I have no idea where you'd even come up with that. 

And for the record, I don't think winning WGC's is as prestigious because of the limited field. 

14 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Maybe Rory wasn't defending DJ. Maybe his point was that Brooks should keep his fucking trap shut.

Weird thing is that Koepka and D.J. are or were buddies. They were vacationing together in Maldives when the thong photo was taken. 

8824A432-74B3-4BB2-8221-CB5687EF5BAD.jpeg