This? This is Kent.

Biff Tannen

Mitch: The weirdest thing just happened to me.

Chris: Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Mitch: No...

Chris:  Why am I the only one who has that dream?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, 1978horn said:

Mitch: The weirdest thing just happened to me.

Chris: Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Mitch: No...

Chris:  Why am I the only one who has that dream?

Came here to post this.  Definitely an all-time great 80's flick.

"They're gone!"

16 hours ago, South Austin said:

I love this ending.  Not only is Everybody Wants to Rule the World one of the more iconic and timeless songs from the 1980s, musically and lyrically, but the Cold War theme of the song was perfect for this movie

I know this is a great song but my favorite song from this movie is actually the song “One Night Love Affair” by Bryan Adams.  That song is 80’s greatness and I am definitely not a Bryan Adams fan (Then again, “Cuts Like a Knife” is pretty good also so maybe I am a Bryan Adams fan).

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I knew there was a reason I started this. 

1 hour ago, Radical Larry said:

Yesterday was the 35th anniversary of its release in theaters.

TIL that two of my all-time favorite movies (this one and Pee-Wee's Big Adventure) were released  the same weekend in 1985. How did I never know that?

9 hours ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

Good article, but I can't say I agree with any of this.

Real Genius is admittedly a bit cheesy. The plot is predictable, the characters are pretty basic, and the dialogue can be clunky. And it goes without saying that the sexually frustrated virgin nerds ogling hot cosmetology students in bikinis during the pool party reflects hopelessly outdated stereotypes on several fronts

"reflects hopelessly outdated stereotypes on several fronts."  First of all, the nerds lusting after hot women in movies is literally a century-old Hollywood trope.  

Second, how the fuck do you complain that a stereotype is outdated in a review of a film that you just got done telling is us 35 years old?  But otherwise, the article and this thread has persuaded me to go back and watch it late tonight.  It's been decades since I've watched it all the way through.  Funny ass movie though.  

Did Mitch's haircut and the fact he looked like Sarah Jessica Parker (of the same era)  bother anybody else?  I looked him up on imdb.com  Holy shit, I highly recommend against doing this.  Gabriel Jarret has, um...aged...um, curiously. He looks like the B-movie equivalent of Guy Fieri.