2020 Fall Camp Thread

BurntOrange&White

Just now, fellside said:

Calvin Johnson mattered.

Listen, if he plays like Calvin Johnson I'll get over it. Just think the aesthetic is all wrong. 0-19 or anything in the 80's. I'm flexible! Calvin realized his mistake when he got to the NFL, even if their draconian rules on player numbers played a role in his change.

• Hook 'Em 1

Listen, if he plays like Calvin Johnson I'll get over it. Just think the aesthetic is all wrong. 0-19 or anything in the 80's. I'm flexible! Calvin realized his mistake when he got to the NFL, even if their draconian rules on player numbers played a role in his change.

There was a #47 receiver who was really good too.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Number 9 is Woodard.  I think they were making up for showing him getting abused by the DB's the last couple of days.

Ah thanks.  Woodard was a pretty highly rated prospect with a decent P5 offer list.  I know he's battled injuries since he's arrived on campus.  I'm happy he's stuck around and hope he still has the speed he had in high school.  I know the staff has put an emphasis on improving team speed.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

It is interesting the amount of these types of tweets I've seen over the last 24 hours... Quite a few players and families, don't want to go "home" cause it is more dangerous...idle time and whatnot.

It would be worse for almost everyone, for sure, on that level. The problem is they can't sequester the football players away from normal students without opening up the breaking of the whole "student-athlete" economic model, and colleges are the perfect place for germs to spread, so they're stuck between a rock and a hard place, but only one of those leaves the college open to liability.

Edited by texifornia

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It would be worse for almost everyone, for sure, on that level. The problem is they can't sequester the football players away from normal students without opening up the breaking of the whole "student-athlete" economic model, and colleges are the perfect place for germs to spread, so they're stuck between a rock and a hard place, but only one of those leaves the college open to liability.

Well, no one actually thinks college football players are treated the same. Hence, pac 12 demands and northwestern unionization amongst many other issues. The liability is an issue for schools but really wasn't my point. 

1 hour ago, taybo20 said:

It is interesting the amount of these types of tweets I've seen over the last 24 hours... Quite a few players and families, don't want to go "home" cause it is more dangerous...idle time and whatnot.

With all respect to Mr. Washington, nobody is going to make his son leave Austin if he's not playing football this fall. He has a full scholarship to the University of Texas, not to Tom Herman's locker room. I didn't necessarily grow up in the "war zone" that is St. Louis, but I am pretty fucking sure that living the broke college student life is 10x better than it. Not sure why these parents would "make" their kids come home when they have a world-class university they could be attending instead. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Nope said:

Just put him in fucking bubble wrap.  Bijan and JWhit are probably the 2 most talented players on offense.  Herman and Yurcich need to watch every fucking Percy Harvin play during his time at Florida and use JWhit and Bijan the same way.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

Omeire doing very, VERY well in fall camp. Hoping he keeps it up so y'all can see it too if the season starts.

Don't mean shit if it doesn't translate to games but this whole board was basically making fun of Omeire during his recruitment. Good for the kid and glad to see we internet warriors are often wrong.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Don't mean shit if it doesn't translate to games but this whole board was basically making fun of Omeire during his recruitment. Good for the kid and glad to see we internet warriors are often usually wrong, except when we're talking shit about aggy and blow-U.

FIFY