2020 Fall Camp Thread

BurntOrange&White

11 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

uhhh he weighs 290. He's not undersized for DE at all and his future (if he stays here) is definitely at Nose or 3 tech. 

Jesus, I didn't see that's what the roster had his current weight at. That's crazy, his 247 profile had him at 240 in high school. 

https://247sports.com/player/myron-warren-46051810/

Guess we had him listed at 270 last year so fair enough, he's solidly 3 tech size. Still, assuming his actual weight is in the 280 range that's still pretty light for a nose. 

What was the deal with Troy? I know Herman seemed to want him although there was concerns on here about his lack of speed. He was a Texas lean but verballed to aggy with a commitable Texas offer, then backed out and flipped to Texas? Anyone know why the back and forth?

3 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

What was the deal with Troy? I know Herman seemed to want him although there was concerns on here about his lack of speed. He was a Texas lean but verballed to aggy with a commitable Texas offer, then backed out and flipped to Texas? Anyone know why the back and forth?

Aggy was happy to take his commitment, but after it was determined that he was not SEC ready, Jimbo had no trouble rescinding his scholarship and dooming him to life at TU and the BDF Conference. The next day he flipped to Texas 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Aggy was happy to take his commitment, but after it was determined that he was not SEC ready, Jimbo had no trouble rescinding his scholarship and dooming him to life at TU and the BDF Conference. The next day he flipped to Texas 

Watch. The. Tape. ?

2 hours ago, Lhorn said:

You've pretty much got the gist of it. Very similar to Ossai in that he grew up in a maroon house because aggy apparently does a great job of convincing Nigerians that their school is the smart, practical pathway to good work and good jobs. Both staffs were concern about his lack of speed but aggy bit first.

I'll happily admit that if you look through my posts, though I never said Slomeire, I was definitely agreeing with those who did.

Credit to the kid to working his ass off to develop his speed and agility - that kind of thing isn't easy. Just for fun, here's 247's writeup on him:

247Sports Evaluation: Big, muscled. More build-up speed than quickness in his route. Strong handed and size shows up in contested situations, which he’s in a good bit. His game is boxing out and bodying defensive backs, not really separating. — 247Sports National Recruiting Analyst Charles Power

2 hours ago, Lhorn said:

He had an ankle injury between his junior and senior years. Despite the nagging injury he ran the 40 at one of the camps. He ran about a 5.2(no joke). A&M recruiting analyst Ryan Brauniger posted the video but the reaction was so bad that he deleted the tweet.  But even at the camp where he ran the 5.2 he used his frame to catch several TDs and play well in all scrimmages. The injury is obviously healed but the reputation for slowness persisted. Healthy O’Meire is going to make us forget how bad dinged up O’Meire ran.