2020 Fall Camp Thread

BurntOrange&White

I was thinking of players who would play four games or less, and how we could use this game as one of those four (Hudson Card). But then I remembered the whole extra year thing. So I guess that doesn't matter? We could play Logan Parr in every game and he would get a fifth year if he wants one? 

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I was thinking of players who would play four games or less, and how we could use this game as one of those four (Hudson Card). But then I remembered the whole extra year thing. So I guess that doesn't matter? We could play Logan Parr in every game and he would get a fifth year if he wants one? 

My understanding is that the extra year is only for seniors, but I haven't seen anything definitive clarifying it

29 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

Thanks for this.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Kelson hit him so hard with his helmet that the logo is permanently lodged into his subconscious. He probably can't close his eyes at night without seeing it.

I watched an interview with him where he said he literally doesn't remember that game. I believe him, never seen anyone so wobbly walking to the locker room short of that Tech punter Brakens hit who may of actually been dead.

All things considered he's always pretty fair towards Texas considering the ass kicking that defense gave him two times in one season.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Viper said:

My understanding is that the extra year is only for seniors, but I haven't seen anything definitive clarifying it

I believe it is all fall athletes, which would include all football players regardless of class.

https://247sports.com/Article/COVID-19-Why-college-football-players-will-get-extra-year-of-eligibility-150568920/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Every fall player is granted an extra year of eligibility and an additional year to complete it. Any players that opts to use this additional year after they have competed their traditional eligibility will not count against the financial or team scholarship limits. 

All 85 players on scholarship this year may opt to use an additional year and it won’t count against the 85 limit. So when the freshman are seniors 4 years from now, if they want to, they can choose to play an additional year. 

This is going to make teams very good next year or for the next 4 years. Yes, the NFL guys will leave. But what if you’re a rich school and have a massive hole if OL depth. It would be very beneficial if you convince the non NFL guys that are decent college played to stay another year. 

Not to mention transfers, shit. This will definitely benefit the rich as smaller schools won’t be able to afford the 10 extra scholarships or whatever 

You might even have announcers referring to players using their Covid Year to transfer or he’s a Covid Senior 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

USC, Texas, Michigan, Alabama, 

I can’t decide on a 5th. I don’t think ND is original at all. It’s a color. Whoa, big deal. Same for Ohio State. It’s not original and lacks imagination. 

image.thumb.jpeg.2956ec474768c12a3cd7f21f9471a7bc.jpeg

Maybe it's just me but I always thought the Iowa Hawkeye is top notch.

• Hook 'Em 2

You know who this extra year of eligibility really helps? Casey Thompson. He was thinking he'd be losing another year of eligibility riding the bench behind Ehlinger but nope. It's possible that he can graduate transfer (if he doesn't beat out Card next year) and play immediately with 2 years of eligibility. That is assuming Ehlinger doesn't decide to play for 2 more seasons.

5 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

You know who this extra year of eligibility really helps? Casey Thompson. He was thinking he'd be losing another year of eligibility riding the bench behind Ehlinger but nope. It's possible that he can graduate transfer (if he doesn't beat out Card next year) and play immediately with 2 years of eligibility. That is assuming Ehlinger doesn't decide to play for 2 more seasons.

I assume Sam is coming back next year for the Victory lap. 
Pretty sure his life is fucking awesome right here and now, he’s living his dream, and his nfl chances are marginal enough that an extra year might help him, or at least not hurt him (I expect a colt mccoy type NFL career for him at best- which - hey- no shame in cashing a check for 10 years to mostly hold a clip board) in the grand scheme of things. Casey Thompson never takes a meaningful snap here. And that’s a good thing for us. Jmo 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I assume Sam is coming back next year for the Victory lap. 
Pretty sure his life is fucking awesome right here and now, he’s living his dream, and his nfl chances are marginal enough that an extra year might help him, or at least not hurt him (I expect a colt mccoy type NFL career for him at best- which - hey- no shame in cashing a check for 10 years to mostly hold a clip board) in the grand scheme of things. Casey Thompson never takes a meaningful snap here. And that’s a good thing for us. Jmo 

Wouldn't bet on it

• Hook 'Em 1