WWII, Nazis Communists and other stuff

BabaYaga

16 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Hate all you want, I guess, but actively attempting to create a moral equivalency dismisses the threat and horror of Nazis in order to suit a desire on your part to continuing to hate people you've always hated.

Feel free to hate, but if you're going to do that, at least retain the ability to distinguish between the fact that Nazis advocate pure and total horror at the deepest conceivable levels and ANTIFA is, at most, annoying.

A Communist trying to take the high ground against Nazis.  The irony certainly is amusing.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, smoky said:

But something about both videos seems off, like they're part of some performance art piece. That scene doesn't just happen organically. There's more there, but 240 characters doesn't cover it.

"All the world's a stage & we are merely players, performers and portrayers"

-G. Lee

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

How is that irony? 

Do we need to take a historical tour of the horrors, destruction, and hundreds of millions of lives lost to feed the hubris of Communist leaders that this time will "get it right".  Tell you what, read the writings of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn and tell us your thoughts on his condemnation of Communist totalitarianism.  Or the convenient myth that Communism just needed to be put back on the track...a corrective hand, a new Communist regime to correct the abuses and restore the virtues of democratic humanitarianism. 

Tell us how Communist regime's don't show the slightest concern for freedom and individual liberty, that their political system always regresses to model, or even become an intensification of the kind of tyranny they profess to reject. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Stalin’s gulags/purges weren’t exactly “mostly peaceful protests”

14 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Do we need to take a historical tour of the horrors, destruction, and hundreds of millions of lives lost to feed the hubris of Communist leaders that this time will "get it right".  Tell you what, read the writings of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn and tell us your thoughts on his condemnation of Communist totalitarianism.  Or the convenient myth that Communism just needed to be put back on the track...a corrective hand, a new Communist regime to correct the abuses and restore the virtues of democratic humanitarianism. 

Tell us how Communist regime's don't show the slightest concern for freedom and individual liberty, that their political system always regresses to model, or even become an intensification of the kind of tyranny they profess to reject. 

Ok? It still isn't irony, not literal or dramatic. I don't think y'all have any idea what that word means. 

Also, I question the practice of equating the authoritarian actions of certain communist governments with all forms of communism and Marxism. Democratic countries have done plenty of terrible things. Capitalist countries have done terrible things. But I don't think that means democracy and capitalism are innately terrible. 

Just now, fattyflattie said:

They need to drop the lazer pointer shit in people’s eyes.  

That would be a start. Add in urine, and feces bombs, rocks, metal objects, harrassing people on the street, blocking interstates, roads, and bridges, rioting, vandalizing property, looting stores, etc. etc. etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

That would be a start. Add in urine, and feces bombs, rocks, metal objects, harrassing people on the street, blocking interstates, roads, and bridges, rioting, vandalizing property, looting stores, etc. etc. etc.

Completely agree.   But I'd rather be hit with a piss bomb than be blind for the rest of my life, just because some idiot didn't have a job and wanted to take advantage of lax policing for a few weeks.  

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Ok? It still isn't irony, not literal or dramatic. I don't think y'all have any idea what that word means. 

Also, I question the practice of equating the authoritarian actions of certain communist governments with all forms of communism and Marxism. Democratic countries have done plenty of terrible things. Capitalist countries have done terrible things. But I don't think that means democracy and capitalism are innately terrible. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Completely agree.   But I'd rather be hit with a piss bomb than be blind for the rest of my life, just because some idiot didn't have a job and wanted to take advantage of lax policing for a few weeks.  

we all have our lines.  lazer pointers don't carry the covid though.  you could literally die from piss and shit being thrown on you.

Edited by dcar00

12 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Damnit, I may not have thought that through.  Can black lives still matter to me if I'm anti blinding people?

again, if you are over 40 and white, black lives can't and don't matter to you.  and don't give me all this "all lives matter" shit.

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

again, if you are over 40 and white, black lives can't and don't matter to you.  and don't give me all this "all lives matter" shit.

BLM.com doesn't matter your're correct, other than I believe they have an agenda beyond social justice for black people. That black peoples lives matter ? yes I care great deal about that. I kinda like how our constitution says all men are created equal, and all have inalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

BLM.com doesn't matter your're correct, other than I believe they have an agenda beyond social justice for black people. That black peoples lives matter ? yes I care great deal about that. I kinda like how our constitution says all men are created equal, and all have inalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

sarcasm meter check...

• Hook 'Em 1

The Soviet Union defeated the Nazis, so there's a pretty stellar mark in Communism's win column. Also, Communism being responsible for the two most impressive and successful anti-poverty and modernization stories in centuries, turning Russia from a dead backwater to the clear #2 power in the world and turning China from a subsistence-farming nothing to the arguable #1.

Lots of terrible shit and atrocities and broken skulls on the way, but such is the tale of all nations. Including our glorious nation, built on human chattel slavery and genocide.

One thing everyone should agree on, however, is hating Nazis. The fact that you guys can't see hatred of Nazis without immediately "BOTH SIDES!"ing is a mark on your characters, but you're too indoctrinated to see it. #sad

If you can't just hate Nazis I don't really know what to tell you.

Regarding ANTIFA going wild here in the USA... does anyone have a body count yet? You guys seem to have settled on laser pointers? lol fucking pathetic

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The Soviet Union defeated the Nazis, so there's a pretty stellar mark in Communism's win column. Also, Communism being responsible for the two most impressive and successful anti-poverty and modernization stories in centuries, turning Russia from a dead backwater to the clear #2 power in the world and turning China from a subsistence-farming nothing to the arguable #1.

Lots of terrible shit and atrocities and broken skulls on the way, but such is the tale of all nations. Including our glorious nation, built on human chattel slavery and genocide.

One thing everyone should agree on, however, is hating Nazis. The fact that you guys can't see hatred of Nazis without immediately "BOTH SIDES!"ing is a mark on your characters, but you're too indoctrinated to see it. #sad

Regarding ANTIFA going wild here in the USA... does anyone have a body count yet? You guys seem to have settled on laser pointers? lol fucking pathetic

Fuck you, hard.

This is complete and utter bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Well sure, but if you set aside Mao and Stalin and every other communist leader of the past that paints a bad picture, and instead look at more recent times the kindness of Che is well documented in t-shirts all over, Cuba is a humanitarian rights mecca and I understand great things are happening in South America.

Body count?  No doubt, what's 100+/- million dead between friends?  But hey, Nazis.....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I hate NAZIs. I don't want you fucking up my business. Does that make me a racist? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Such intelligent counter-argumentation!

Yes, the Soviet Union defeated the Nazis. The Communists not only were Hitler's greatest internal enemies, it was the communist Soviet Union that took on the massive Nazi war machine in the Eastern Front, the largest theater of war in human history. The US tragically lost 400k troops in WWII and the Soviet Union sacrificed nearly 17M people, or 15% of its population, to defeat Hitler.

Just some facts. I know our educational system and society at large wants to pretend we did it ourselves, but that's a lie. :)

As for ANTIFA's body count here in the US... still zero? Wonderful.

Just now, closetohumping said:

I hate NAZIs. I don't want you fucking up my business. Does that make me a racist? 

Did anyone call you a racist or are you just crying about imagined insults?

Why do grown men fictionalize their own oppression? It's completely and deeply pathetic.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

"part of the process

*who cares about property when there's injustice in this world (this was actually said to me)

I've heard this before, can't quite out my finger on it...

“You are horrified at our intending to do away with private property. But in your existing society private property is already done away with for nine-tenths of the population; its existence for the few is solely due to its non-existence in the hands of those nine-tenths. You reproach us, therefore, with intending to do away with a form of property, the necessary condition for whose existence is the non-existence of any property for the immense majority of society.

In one word, you reproach us with intending to do away with your property. Precisely so: that is just what we intend.”
― Karl Marx, The Communist Manifesto

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Yes, the Soviet Union defeated the Nazis. The Communists not only were Hitler's greatest internal enemies, it was the communist Soviet Union that took on the massive Nazi war machine in the Eastern Front, the largest theater of war in human history. The US tragically lost 400k troops in WWII and the Soviet Union sacrificed nearly 17M people, or 15% of its population, to defeat Hitler.

Just some facts. I know our educational system and society at large wants to pretend we did it ourselves, but that's a lie. :)

Why do grown men fictionalize their own oppression? It's completely and deeply pathetic.

I didn't quote the above line that was in your original quote.  To me when people spout lines like this it's immediately followed with "hey in any sort of revolution there's gonna be some broken eggs for omelettes. BLM" 

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

the Soviet Union sacrificed nearly 17M people

They got so good at it, they then sacrificed another 20M more.  Mao, with his 'hold me beer' moment, sacrificed close to 65M.  But again, hey....Nazis.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, the Soviet regime committed terrible atrocities. No disagreeing here.

Not sure what that has to do with the topic of this thread. :)

@closetojumping - So did anyone call you a racist or are you just making that up so you can feel like a victim?

Edited by bad_teammate

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm sorry, what's your point about what the USSR did in WWII ?  They were our ally only in we were both fighting a rogue state that directly attacked them, and our allies.  Stain was a mass murdering, psychopath no better than Hitler.  The USSRs' game plan was world domination.... still is, it's just not called the USSR any more.