Hard Knocks: Los Angeles

RPM

Somehow my DirecTv dvr didn't record series. I distinctly remember programming it before I started the thread. Reset to record starting next week. I'll watch on demand tonight when I have decent connect speed at work.

On 8/8/2020 at 1:23 PM, mdleast said:

I watch it every year just because, if anything, it’s a little bit of “football” during the sports doldrums that typically is August

Agree but its basically the exact same script each season. They find a few players to fit some character slots: top draft pick with high expectations; unsigned free agents just out of colleges just trying to get a shot; long term vet trying to hold on, player who faces a career-ending injury but promises to be back, etc.  gotta have an episode about rookie hazing. and finally see the cuts on the last episode.  /spoiler alert.

I assume COVID and the lack of preseason games will present a major difference this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

That’s the dumbest opinion ever, you fucking wanker. 

Ol Wanker is the only poster I have on ignore.  I don't need a brit telling me what to think about the US or fucking football. 

Love Anthony Lynn. McVay sucks and his wife looks to have a touch of east texas box face to go with some huge titays.

I love this show and it never gets old to me.  I'm not even that big an NFL fan (fuck you Bud Adams).  I watch RedZone and the playoffs.  Liev Schreiber is a great narrator.  The contrast between Lynn and McVay was...stark.  One of them is sipping rose with his hot ass sex-robot looking wife and one of them is smoking ribs with a considerably more normal looking 50ish.  Lynn seemed very blue collar.  McVay seemed like Frank Caliendo playing Jon Gruden.  I thought it was funny when Lynn snatched Derwin James' shades.  The player's giving each other shit is always great.  Last night when the dude said "I love his balls" lol, hilarious.  The way the dude looked at the camera when the nurse told him "Just the tip.  It won't hurt."  That guy might have a future in comedy his timing was impeccable.  Finally, McVay screaming at his team for shitting in the porta potties was a perfect way to close the episode.

Hard Knocks is infinitely more watchable than an NFL preseason game and a great way to segue into the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Covid is going to ruin hard knocks too, isn’t it. I thought the best part of the episode was when the JAG TE got cut, and he was like “are you fucking kidding me”. 

Getting cut without ever getting to show what you got with pads on has to suck. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Read something about the ratings...they are down like 60% from last season.  Speculation in the article was that it was the lowest rated Hard Knocks premier ever.

There are several shows like it that do it as well or better. All or Nothing, Last Chance U

• Hook 'Em 1

Since this thing hasn't been bumped since the second episode aired, I'm guessing it's not exactly a hit.  I watched it only because I saw it as a suggestion while I was looking for something to watch. Who knew training camp with no pads is just boring?

Note to realtors trying to sell high end property, do not point out snakeholes to potential buyers.

1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

Best lutz moment on Hard Knocks was a few years ago when Jeff Fisher told his team “let’s assume that I know what I’m doing”.  What BS

You could only assume he knew what he was doing because his history showed otherwise.