Kansas is Hopeless...

Jhawk

3 hours ago, Jhawk said:

My dream is that we go triple option and either take Ken Nisdiaodshfasdhfa;lkd from Navy or the Air Force coach.

Makes much more sense for KU than it does in GT, who's in a talent loaded region.  Maybe take a play out of Chuck and hire the OC from GT/AF/ARMY??

4 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Yes he was.  When I have more time to fuck around I'll post his career stats as a DC.

He would be a great hire and I would take Schiano in a heartbeat as well if we are going to be traditional offensively.  My dream is that we go triple option and either take Ken Nisdiaodshfasdhfa;lkd from Navy or the Air Force coach.

Isn't Samoan Alphabet holding out for the BYU job or something?  But I agree, would be a great move.  Honestly, I think Fat Fucking Retard would be a decent hire too.  Schiano would be a slam dunk.  It's gonna have to be a professional head coach though, not an assistant or OC/DC. 

KU would probably do well to look at Candle at Toledo, it's working for us so far...

If we don't beat CMU or Baylor on the road (CMU stomped us at home last year) then we will go a full 3650 days without a road win.  10 years, 7 of which are under this AD, without a road win. 

Internet says mangina won @ UTEP 34-7 on 9/12/09,so you might be a year off.

Otherwise, carry on!

On 4/17/2018 at 11:48 AM, Jhawk said:

We signed a ton of JUCO guys but we are still net -1 on scholarship players this year.... after only having a senior class of 8... EIGHT, last year.  We lost 5 guys on top of that (rumored to see more attrition).  We are so fucked it isn't even funny.  IF all of our freshmen make it 4 years in the program we are looking at graduating 3 that year.... THREE.

I get not firing every coach after 2 years and we owe the coaching community a favor in keeping one for at least 4 years.  But this is straight up fraud.  No way we should be looked negatively upon if we fire this guy before the season.

Beaty is a Ponzi scheme 

On 4/17/2018 at 2:46 PM, GotThatFire said:

This is what you get for dominating Big 12 basketball.  You can’t have it both ways, you are Kansas.

Run Self out of town.  It’s your only hope for creating balance. 

Maybe we could trade Self for a bunch of our football walkons and some players to be named later.

Nobody 

13 hours ago, Whitman said:

Why isn't Les Miles name getting thrown around when jobs come open?  I'm not saying he would or should go to Lawrence, but I didn't hear his name for anything last season.

Nobody wants the Kansas job. Just from a roster perspective it's going to take a miracle to get Kansas out of this hole. 

It came out today that we have about 65 scholarship players on the roster.  This is before redshirts are assigned (I don't think we have the depth to redshirt anyone).  In 2015 when Beaty took the job he bitched about the roster.  We had 65 scholarship players that year.  

Now throw in the fact that we recruited heavily in JUCO this year and only have 3-4 true freshmen and our roster is going to be absolutely devastated in 2-3 years.

For KU football to even be on the radar in 2021-2022 we are going to have to have a miracle.  I can think of very few names that would take on this challenge... Levitt, Schiano, maybe pelini, Switzer probably would... Maybe Harbaugh will get fired and KU and michigan will be the only 2 schools with turnover so we'll have a chance to land him (ducks head).

Our AD went on talk radio this morning and was asked how many wins did Beaty need to keep his job (coming off a 1 win season mind you).  He replied that we could have fewer wins this year and make more progress on the field than we did last year and he would be happy with that.

OUR AD THINKS ZERO WINS IS ACCEPTABLE.

Year 4 and zero wins is still an acceptable number.  Someone please come to my office and blow my brains out.  I've got a 9mm in the lower right desk drawer.  Insurance doesn't pay on a suicide.

Edited by Jhawk

19 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

It came out today that we have about 65 scholarship players on the roster.  This is before redshirts are assigned (I don't think we have the depth to redshirt anyone).  In 2015 when Beaty took the job he bitched about the roster.  We had 65 scholarship players that year.  

Now throw in the fact that we recruited heavily in JUCO this year and only have 3-4 true freshmen and our roster is going to be absolutely devastated in 2-3 years.

For KU football to even be on the radar in 2021-2022 we are going to have to have a miracle.  I can think of very few names that would take on this challenge... Levitt, Schiano, maybe pelini, Switzer probably would... Maybe Harbaugh will get fired and KU and michigan will be the only 2 schools with turnover so we'll have a chance to land him (ducks head).

Does the 65 count include the entire '18 class? 

Based on what was said on sports radio this morning... yes. It includes the JUCO guys coming this summer that we just locked up (3 guys).  So we could have potentially been below 60 before those guys signed on.  Now we wait and see who actually shows up this summer and who quits the team.

2 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Based on what was said on sports radio this morning... yes. It includes the JUCO guys coming this summer that we just locked up (3 guys).  So we could have potentially been below 60 before those guys signed on.  Now we wait and see who actually shows up this summer and who quits the team.

Which juco guys did y'all grab?

On 4/18/2018 at 11:34 AM, Jhawk said:

My dream is that we go triple option and either take Ken Nisdiaodshfasdhfa;lkd from Navy or the Air Force coach.

Honestly, I don't have the first fucking clue why "down and out" programs don't go this route. Triple option, wing-T, just something different that you can recruit to specifically and give yourself a niche chance of succeeding, rather than trying to beat out the established programs on their own terms. Seems axiomatic to me that Kansas is not going to get better by trying to do the things that the established schools are already doing -- why would any recruit choose them if they are not different in some way?

massively untalented small roster check

fans want to throw it in the trash check

need a batshit crazy coach to take it over check

an opportunity for true freshman to play immediately check

literally zero expectations from the athletic dept. check

add in the last post and you literally have the description of "We are Marshall"

Edited by mulletpelini

12 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Honestly, I don't have the first fucking clue why "down and out" programs don't go this route. Triple option, wing-T, just something different that you can recruit to specifically and give yourself a niche chance of succeeding, rather than trying to beat out the established programs on their own terms. Seems axiomatic to me that Kansas is not going to get better by trying to do the things that the established schools are already doing -- why would any recruit choose them if they are not different in some way?

It's not exactly triple option, but a big part of why our offense has improved, IMO, has to do on an increased focus in running the ball, and using a ton of play action in the passing game as opposed to trying to be a more air-raid style of offense.  Campbell knew we couldn't get ahead by trying to do the same thing as the rest of the league while getting mostly 2nd tier athletes.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 10:03 AM, DaggerHorns said:

Still mind boggling how Doug Meacham is even involved in this hybrid of a live abortion/snuff film.

They need a good scandal to wipe the slate clean. 

There are only so many Taco Bell drive thru windows a defensive tackle can get stuck in in Lawrence.

BTW if you want to make sure Purple Wizard never leaves K-State (even if eventually there is just a glass case with his brain in it connected to a loud speaker on the sideline) hire Pelini.  He got into it  with Snyder several times over the years when he was at Nebraska.  KU fan, think how much pleasure Snyder takes in running up the score against KU when he doesn't have anything personal against your coach.  Imagine if your coach pisses him off.

On second thought, don't hire Pelini.

I can't take any more Snyder.  I'm praying that we win an improbable, come-from-behind, ref-assisted Farmageddon this Thanksgiving, and Snyder evaporates in a cloud of dust at the end.

In all likelihood, he'll announce his retirement before the game, we'll blow a 21 point lead, and he'll get every fucking call down the stretch.  You know, the usual.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

BTW if you want to make sure Purple Wizard never leaves K-State (even if eventually there is just a glass case with his brain in it connected to a loud speaker on the sideline) hire Pelini.  He got into it  with Snyder several times over the years when he was at Nebraska.  KU fan, think how much pleasure Snyder takes in running up the score against KU when he doesn't have anything personal against your coach.  Imagine if your coach pisses him off.

Snyder has been kicking our ass for so long I would hire his kid if he was even 1/2 the coach his old man is.  That being said, our AD is a KSU grad so that is probably exactly what zenger wants to do.  Hire a KSU bloodline to tank the KU program even further than Zenger ever imagined.

How our AD hasn't been outed as a fucking KSU mole is beyond me.  Why he was even hired in the first place is beyond me.  I don't give a fuck how good a basketball coach might be, KSU would never hire a KU grad to coach their team or run their programs.  KU admin is all about "he loves our state" and that is enough of a reason to hire/retain someone.

On 4/18/2018 at 8:37 PM, CooterBrown said:

Art Briles. As long as you don’t mind some rape, that shit stain will win. He’d probably actually take the job unlike any other candidate.

I would like to see KU interview Briles for entertainment value. It might be interesting to know for sure if he's banned for life or not.

On 4/19/2018 at 5:53 AM, texasstrong12 said:

Nobody 

Nobody wants the Kansas job. Just from a roster perspective it's going to take a miracle to get Kansas out of this hole. 

I hope KU can get the football fortunes of the school turned around before any potential conference moves are made around 2025, as it is a great fit for the XII...

Tom Jurich was able to fundraise because there were corporations in Louisville that wanted to raise the profile of the university and football was the best way. Does anyone care about Kansas football? If you think the NCAA is going to be knocking at your door, Tom Jurich is the last guy you want to have around. 

On 4/20/2018 at 9:26 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

On second thought, don't hire Pelini.

I can't take any more Snyder.  I'm praying that we win an improbable, come-from-behind, ref-assisted Farmageddon this Thanksgiving, and Snyder evaporates in a cloud of dust at the end.

In all likelihood, he'll announce his retirement before the game, we'll blow a 21 point lead, and he'll get every fucking call down the stretch.  You know, the usual.

Snyder will slip on the ring that he stole from Gollum and then disappear.

We got smoked by CMU and Ohio last year.  We go to CMU this year could be a blood bath. 

Here is the scary thing... we open against FCS Nicholls.  Here are some factoids about the team that lost to aggie by 10 last year @ aggie...

Nicholls State returns 89 percent of its rushing yards and 95 percent of its rushing touchdowns, 95 percent of its passing yards, 100 percent of its passing touchdowns, 79 percent of its receiving yards, 86 percent of its receiving touchdowns.

But will the blocks be there to free the quarterback and running backs to do their work?

Yes.

The Colonels bring back 4 of 5 starting offensive linemen from the team that lost to Texas A&M by 10 points, an impressive showing, although not as shocking as the previous year’s outcome vs. an FBS opponent. Georgia defeated Nicholls State by two points in 2016.

On 4/19/2018 at 8:01 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

I would haaaate having a triple-option landmine in the conference. Which means I 100% agree with you, one of the smaller programs should definitely try it.

Same problem as going for it on 4th down for coaches I guess - if it doesn't work out it's really easy to point at the hire as a fireable offense.

Edited by texifornia

On 4/20/2018 at 1:19 AM, mulletpelini said:

massively untalented small roster check

fans want to throw it in the trash check

need a batshit crazy coach to take it over check

an opportunity for true freshman to play immediately check

literally zero expectations from the athletic dept. check

add in the last post and you literally have the description of "We are Marshall"

And yet Doc Holliday wouldn't leave Marshall for Kansas. 

On 4/17/2018 at 1:53 PM, Neonmoon said:

You hired a coach from A&M. Did you expect this to turn out differenct then every other coach who has ever coached at A&M?

Paul Bryant and Gene Stallings, for example?! :)

And come to think of it, for Sumlin getting so much heat for being a middling head coach, he managed to have several assistants move on up and be head coaches... some  aren't doing too terribly: Dana Holgorsen, for one. And coach Bro at Tech, for another.