Kansas is Hopeless...

Jhawk

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article234645917.html

Two KU football players recently arrested for separate matters

Two Kansas football players were arrested in Lawrence for different incidents in the last week.

Shaq Richmond, a senior safety from Oklahoma City, was arrested Thursday night for failure to appear. He was released the next day on $198 bond, according to police logs, with a new court date set for Sept. 11.

Richmond, who played in two games for KU last year and has 15 career appearances, did not see action in the Jayhawks’ opening game against Indiana State.

KU sophomore walk-on linebacker Tom Barrett also was arrested early Sunday morning on suspicion of contributing to a child’s misconduct and displaying or possessing a fictitious ID. Barrett, who has not played in any games for KU during his three-year career, was released Sunday on $1,500 bond, according to the police log.

We’re SEC now. The second arrest was using a fake ID at the hawk. Sucks for that kid because apparently next Saturday is his 21st bday. The first 2 weeks of school is always when the cops raid the hawk and take underage scalps. Then they cruise back through in the second semester sometime. It’s funny to see the place clear out when 15 officers walk in. It’s almost like a little shake down on the owner, letting him know that they could severely hamper his business of selling booze to teens if they wanted to. 

18 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

We’re SEC now. The second arrest was using a fake ID at the hawk. Sucks for that kid because apparently next Saturday is his 21st bday. The first 2 weeks of school is always when the cops raid the hawk and take underage scalps. Then they cruise back through in the second semester sometime. It’s funny to see the place clear out when 15 officers walk in. It’s almost like a little shake down on the owner, letting him know that they could severely hamper his business of selling booze to teens if they wanted to. 

Nah, SEC is more like hitting your girlfriend with your toddler in the room, or getting arrested with an unlicensed firearm and a bunch of pills. 

8 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Is The Wheel still there, and open?

11 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I must confess. I lived in Kansas for almost a year once. Fort Leavenworth,1949-1950.

Was a Mizzou fan in those days.

Dammit old man. Don't want to hear your issues. Mizzou is not SEC ready, "except for those years they won the east". SEC is Bama and aggy. Just ask aggy. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Armybrat said:

I must confess. I lived in Kansas for almost a year once. Fort Leavenworth,1949-1950.

Was a Mizzou fan in those days.

Getting boofed in the prison for 9 months isn’t the same as working the military base.  Lot of Missouri fans in that prison. 

Edited by Jhawk
  • Like 1

He’s full go this weekend. We might put up 24 points. Lucky for us coastal Carolina had to evacuate so they are missing some practice. I was shocked to see us out of the bottom ten on espn this morning. Thought for sure we’d at least be #10. 

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

He’s full go this weekend. We might put up 24 points. Lucky for us coastal Carolina had to evacuate so they are missing some practice. I was shocked to see us out of the bottom ten on espn this morning. Thought for sure we’d at least be #10. 

When you are 1-0 after week #1, no way that you make the bottom 10

3 hours ago, Boogaloo said:

Whats the legit chance that Kansas can beat Coastal Carolina? I can get good action on them right now but didn't get a chance to see any of there week one game against Indiana State so I'm leary 

I don’t think anyone has any idea. Our offense has to be better and we get our best weapon back. But will he make a difference??

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

When you are 1-0 after week #1, no way that you make the bottom 10

There are plenty of 1-0 teams in the bottom ten. Given we were #1 last year I would have thought we would start in a hole. They apparently gave les some credit. 

Someone at Phog.net started a thread asking whether they should have gone after Mack Brown instead of Les Miles.

Also a best of from their game thread today.

This team can't live up to even the most meager of expectations.

Jesus fried chicken Christ these idiot kickers

Let’s just kill the football program. What’s the point anymore?

We are a defensive line, offensive line, quarterback, linebackers, cornerbacks and a kicker away from being pretty dang competitive.

Let’s see. no QB and no offensive line. The Decade of Despair continues in Lawrence.

I can’t believe I thought this team was going to be improved. This is terrible football.

This team will end up being the Big 12 bottom feeder and one of the ten worst D1 teams.

I think David Beatty possesses miles’ body

Who the fuck let Beaty back in the building?

Color me unimpressed with the coaching. Bettyesque....

I used to make fun of people that would say dump the program but at this point it’s actually starting to look logical.

Miss the field goal or fail to convert 4th down. Hmmm tough choice.

Wtf is miles retarded? We have no time outs now and got nothing? Sorry but that is below Beauty level coaching.

Burn down the stadium. Tear up the field. Plant a field of corn or something.

Let's play nothing but Div 2 schools, give them all their 1st win vs a Div 1 school. Roof the stadium, put the basketball team in there and give up football.

I actually thought we would be competitive with KSU this year. Yeah I’m a ******** moron but hahahaha. Agreed we are nearly at the point of appointing a group to study dropping football.

I just think too much damage has been done over the last 10 to ever recover. There are people that need to be sent to the electric chair for killing this program.

“He needed one. He gets 26.” The last decade of KU football in a nutshell.

I guess I can’t understand after 11 years and paying imbeciles tens of millions of dollars, how is it so hard to find one coach and one QB who could make a “power 5” team just barely adequate?

Their kicker is our best offense

This is the most soul crushing thing I’ve ever seen regarding football. This is worse than any Beaty coaches game. This is so bad. I don’t have words.

I just broke the Apple TV remote.

Hate to say it, but KU has been Charlie Weis-ed again. We are stupid to contunue with a football program.

This game was coached worse than anything we’ve seen the last decade and that’s a low bar to try to go under.

Use the funding we waste on football to buy the b-ball players Duke and Kentucky are buying.

Borderline FBS team without a campus to practice on for a week against an FBs team with a championship-level coach whose had 9 months to prepare for back-to-back home games and we lay an egg. Whooooooooooo

What's even more crappy is that my KSU friends did not have the heart to rub it in after this game, they are treating me as if they just found out my prized dog won't hunt.

I didn’t see the game but shit. It isn’t as bad as the 3-6 loss for Gill’s program introduction but Jesus. 

My only take is that we didn’t expect shit this year and we still have a bad roster through 2020. Hopefully we can go to a bowl game in 3 years. 

All that being said, if mangino was still the coach he would have keeled over on the sideline by now. Now way his coaching career was going to last more than 15 years with his body type. 

With KU football it is best to hope for the best, but expect the worst, because that is what you will get most often. Too many KU fans drank the kool aid on Miles turning this around quickly.  For me, this year and next year are kind of like Beaty's first two years - low expectations. Next year is likely going to be worse than this year, as the juco recruiting the last couple years under Beaty, will probably bite us hard. Year 3 is when we should be seeing some forward momentum. If not, my hope for Miles is the same as for Beaty (who failed at it). That hope is that Miles gets some solid high school talent in numbers into the program for the next coach. Of course, for a decade this has not happened.

Agree. The high side was 4 wins this year. Vegas has us at 3. We are probably at 1-2. Next year is going to be worse but in year 3 we will have a lot of sophomores and juniors who have a ton of game experience. Hopefully one of our wins this year is a very strong showing toward the end of the year to build some momentum into the offseason.  

My biggest hope has always been that miles gets the roster fixed and instills some sort of discipline (even just miles level discipline is 100x better than what we’ve had). If he does that then the wins will come. 

Fatty was the best. 

We take down wvu. Then win a close on at Tcu. We’ve got tech, KSU, and Baylor at home. Isu on the road. If the BC winning team is the team that shows up the rest of the year then we could steal one game and win two. Could be a 5 win team. Then again, could be a two win team. 

If im being honest, a lot of the throws that Stanley made for big plays and touchdowns were flukes. Went right through defenders’ hands and into our guy’s chest. We won’t get those breaks all year unless Stanley suddenly turned into drew Brees. 

its looking more and more likely that Khalil Herbert suddenly and without telling anyone quit the team today  less than an hour before kickoff and its trying to enter the transfer portal to get a redshirt this year.  

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2019/sep/28/notebook-after-missing-tcu-game-khalil-herberts-st/

wow.