Kansas is Hopeless...

Jhawk

• 2 weeks later...
cdfBZgpo_bigger.jpg.     CJ Moore      @CJMooreHoops
4h

As expected, KU's infractions case has been referred to the Independent Accountability Resolution Process (IARP). This means whatever the IARP rules will be the final say. Schools are not able to appeal its rulings.

Kansas handled the Beaty situation poorly... interesting listen.

Your Drunk Uncle's Sports Podcast     JUNE 17, 2020

EPISODE 116:  THE MAN WHO FOUGHT FOR DAVID BEATY

High-powered attorney Michael Lyons, a UT grad, joins Anwar to discuss his victory for David Beaty, plus multiple Longhorn topics

https://theyakk.com/podcast/episode-116-the-man-who-fought-for-david-beaty/

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 2:25 PM, LTtxfan said:

Bill Self, Les Miles and Kansas AD Jeff Long Take Salary Cuts

https://www.si.com/college/2020/04/27/kansas-bill-self-les-miles-salary-pay-cuts

Guess "The Mad Hatter" only coached part-time this offseason...

COASTAL CAROLINA  38     KANSAS  23

"Rock... Chalk... Jayhawk !!!"

On 9/4/2020 at 7:41 AM, kopp0e said:

I would not have guessed Kansas to be the 21st best overall athletic program in top 4 finishes in all 3 major sports:

EhETPYVWkAEvxHs?format=jpg&name=large

Interesting graphic. One group of mouth breathers seem to be tiny, unless my eyes deceive me.  

sorry , my eyes are old. 

Edited by CycleTex87
Last line very smallest
  • Haha 1

Not surprised we lost. This season will be worse than last. Next year we should be better as the scholarship situation improves. However, there seems to be no bottom with this team. I just expect them to lose and I am pleasantly surprised when they win a game. The Curse of Mangino continues for at least another season.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Jhawkmvp said:

Not surprised we lost. This season will be worse than last. Next year we should be better as the scholarship situation improves. However, there seems to be no bottom with this team. I just expect them to lose and I am pleasantly surprised when they win a game. The Curse of Mangino continues for at least another season.

How bad K State played yesterday I would not be surprised if Kansas miracles a win over them this year 

• 2 weeks later...

Still hopeless. I told a friend on Saturday that we are 10 years and 2 B+ hires away from bowl eligibility. 

football might not be a contact sport that far into the future which means we can just get our track athletes to play. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 12:23 AM, Jhawkmvp said:

Curse of Mangino, eh?  What's the excuse for 1890 through 2002?

On 10/22/2020 at 4:01 AM, Herpa Derpa said:

Curse of Mangino, eh?  What's the excuse for 1890 through 2002?

We used to be over .500 historically before this last decade plus stretch of shitball, which while mediocre as hell, was still much better than we have been since Mangino was let go. For a small state, with the lack of homegrown talent that entails, and having 2 major college football teams on top of that, it was not horrible. We don't compare the last 10 years to Texas or Alabama standards, we compare it to our history and even by that middling standard it has been a curse as it is by far the worst stretch we have ever had by a fair margin.

Miles thinks Pooka will return in January. I think he is delusional. We have no OL and QB. Next year they are unlikely to upgraded much, if at all. Pooka has the talent to be a good 3rd down back and returner in the NFL. No reason to waste his talent at KU at this point with the talent we have on offense for next year. He would be better off declaring or transferring to a school that can showcase his talents.

I hate this thread.

• 4 weeks later...