Kansas is Hopeless...

Jhawk

Guys... it’s Rutgers. The second worst P5 team over the last 6 years next to..... you guessed it, Kansas. We have the easiest schedule in the entire country this year. We need 2 more wins to not fire our coach. I’m not sure I see 2 on the schedule. 

Just now, Jhawk said:

Guys... it’s Rutgers. The second worst P5 team over the last 6 years next to..... you guessed it, Kansas. We have the easiest schedule in the entire country this year. We need 2 more wins to not fire our coach. I’m not sure I see 2 on the schedule. 

when was the last time you scored this much in two games?

We kind of had to bmake National news no matter what. Either we were going to set futility records ans Fire a coach that national media has defended or we were going to climb out of a hole a little and we won’t be the worst team in FCS football for the first time in 6 years. 

Mom happy as hell we are winning but that doesn’t mean we are a better team (our schedule is Baylor-esque) and it doesn’t mean we are going to improve to a point that it matters. If we beat Baylor next week I’ll start to turn a little bit the fact is that we look like a 2 win team based on everything our coaching has showed us. I said the day we hired Beaty that he needs four wins in his 4th year to keep his job. With a new AD I don’t know that 4 does it anymore but I will support keeping him if he wins four quality games. A quality win isn’t beating Rutgers. 

14 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

We kind of had to bmake National news no matter what. Either we were going to set futility records ans Fire a coach that national media has defended or we were going to climb out of a hole a little and we won’t be the worst team in FCS football for the first time in 6 years. 

Mom happy as hell we are winning but that doesn’t mean we are a better team (our schedule is Baylor-esque) and it doesn’t mean we are going to improve to a point that it matters. If we beat Baylor next week I’ll start to turn a little bit the fact is that we look like a 2 win team based on everything our coaching has showed us. I said the day we hired Beaty that he needs four wins in his 4th year to keep his job. With a new AD I don’t know that 4 does it anymore but I will support keeping him if he wins four quality games. A quality win isn’t beating Rutgers. 

Perhaps, but they are a Big10 team. And that alone qualifies as a big win for a school looking for any win.

33 minutes ago, Extra Anejo said:

Isn't the KU vs BU game this week? Can KU get a Big12 win?

It is.  The baylor game will be a decent measuring stick even though they are 3 years behind us.  They beat us soundly last year in lawrence only traveling something ridiculous like 55 players. 

34 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

Perhaps, but they are a Big10 team. And that alone qualifies as a big win for a school looking for any win.

That's true, but when you look at our wins (and especially our turnovers) a lot of the 5 of them over the last 3+ years have been given to us.  We had the second least amount of takeaways in the NCAA last year (9 total, Rice had 6).  We didn't just become the best defensive team in the nation over the summer.  If you're watching the games you know that many of these are handed to us thus far (just like the UT game 2 years ago).  We are getting the benefit of the bounce that we didn't get at all last year.  However, last year one or two takeaways wasn't going to win us any games.  It is impossible to say we haven't improved, it appears we have.  But have we improved enough?  The roster count is a no.  The talent quality is a yes but will take a huge step back next year (we have 1 commit who has wavered and have our best defensive players leaving), the coaching is a push right now because we did lose to an FCS team in week 1 so I'll let the big12 schedule define that.  Overall, being better by winning 3 games compared to 1 and 2 the last two years doesn't mean we've improved.  Especially if that means winning 1 or 0 games in the conference.

Target games for me are Baylor, Tech, ISU, KSU.  In my opinion we need to win 2 of those and one of those HAS to be baylor.  If we lose to baylor I don't think we fire the coach right after the game because he just did win 2 games, but I think we drop our next 2 against OSU and WVU and he is gone going into the tech game.  That doesn't allow for the coach to fall into a win and earn more time and we'll be sitting at 2-4 looking for a morale boost.  If we beat Baylor then lose two and play well against tech then Beaty survives on a weekly basis until week 9-10 when we have ISU and KSU.  His performance against those teams will seal his fate.  Win 1 and I think he stays.  Lose them both and there is no chance he survives a 3-9 record.

On 9/18/2018 at 8:55 PM, Parliament said:

But if those seniors don't football well, why will they be missed?

They will if we only sign 2 recruits this year. Our combined freshmen and sophmores next year might reach 20.  If he is fired he will leave us with a roster gap worse than when he came in.  If he is retained we can probably count on an 0-2 win season next year.

One of the biggest arguments to fire him is he will be lame duck regardless of how he finishes because the roster is so bad next year.  If we brought in a new coach mid-season it could create some enthusiasm and maybe we sign 15 guys before we start loading up on JUCOs.

4 hours ago, Jhawk said:

They will if we only sign 2 recruits this year. Our combined freshmen and sophmores next year might reach 20.  If he is fired he will leave us with a roster gap worse than when he came in.  If he is retained we can probably count on an 0-2 win season next year.

One of the biggest arguments to fire him is he will be lame duck regardless of how he finishes because the roster is so bad next year.  If we brought in a new coach mid-season it could create some enthusiasm and maybe we sign 15 guys before we start loading up on JUCOs.

If only KU was closer to a state with a great JUCO presence.

Jayhawks need more of this...

Kansas[edit source]

In June 1899, the University of Kansas Athletic Association offered Yost $350, and an additional $150 conditionally, to coach the school's football team.[13] After spending the summer in Colorado, Yost arrived in Lawrence, Kansas, on September 4, 1899.[14] During the 1899 season, the Kansas football team "lived separate from the rest of the students and ate specially selected and prepared food . . . with Coach Yost as their only mentor".[15] The team compiled an undefeated 10–0 record, outscoring opponents 280 to 37. The season included victories over the Haskell Indians (12–0 and 18–0), Nebraska (36–20), and Missouri (34–6). During the 1899-90 academic year, Kansas had Yost as its football coach and James Naismith as its basketball coach. Naismith also served as an assistant football coach during the 1899 season.

Yeah... we definitely suck again.  It is crazy when you look at other boards what how many people were on KU making a bounce and Beaty doing his job.  The guy still can't coach.  We have had the easiest schedule in the nation.  Beating Rutgers and CMU means fuck all.  They are the two worst teams we've played this year and they are awful. 

So what does this mean for Beaty?  He has to show well against OSU and @WVU. He doesn't have to win but if he doesn't show well then I wouldn't expect the AD to not give him the chance to redeem himself with a fluke win against Tech.  If he survives to Tech and then loses I would expect him fired after the tech or TCU game.  No chance he gets a second chance at a fluke win against ISU to save himself to the end of the season.  We aren't recruiting well and the sooner we can get a head coach under contract the more likely we are to salvage something for next years recruiting class.  I honestly think we make a big push to try and hire a coach that isn't working right now so we can get them announced before the season ends and spark some life into the recruiting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

Yeah... we definitely suck again.  It is crazy when you look at other boards what how many people were on KU making a bounce and Beaty doing his job.  The guy still can't coach.  We have had the easiest schedule in the nation.  Beating Rutgers and CMU means fuck all.  They are the two worst teams we've played this year and they are awful. 

So what does this mean for Beaty?  He has to show well against OSU and @WVU. He doesn't have to win but if he doesn't show well then I wouldn't expect the AD to not give him the chance to redeem himself with a fluke win against Tech.  If he survives to Tech and then loses I would expect him fired after the tech or TCU game.  No chance he gets a second chance at a fluke win against ISU to save himself to the end of the season.  We aren't recruiting well and the sooner we can get a head coach under contract the more likely we are to salvage something for next years recruiting class.  I honestly think we make a big push to try and hire a coach that isn't working right now so we can get them announced before the season ends and spark some life into the recruiting.

Les Miles..?

2 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

I’m not willing to act like les would come to Ku. I’d love to have him but he’d have to really want to get back into coaching to take our job. After seeing army compete with OU I really want their coach now. 

A difference: West Point has access to "military minded soldiers", who happen to play football, while Lawrence must recruit "air raid offenses" coached in Texas & region...

Why? Georgia tech recruits just fine for their system. And military minded probably means disciplined. Discipline is taught. Almost no 18 year old goes into college with discipline. Mangino made his players disciplined I have very intimate knowledge of that. Talib, Chris Harris, Anthony Collins. All came to KU. None were big recruits. Our offense didn’t matter. Those players were developed. Developing players is what a good coach does. The people crying thatba triple option won’t work are forgetting that the season is only 13 games. Development happens 9 months out of the year. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Why? Georgia tech recruits just fine for their system. And military minded probably means disciplined. Discipline is taught. Almost no 18 year old goes into college with discipline. Mangino made his players disciplined I have very intimate knowledge of that. Talib, Chris Harris, Anthony Collins. All came to KU. None were big recruits. Our offense didn’t matter. Those players were developed. Developing players is what a good coach does. The people crying thatba triple option won’t work are forgetting that the season is only 13 games. Development happens 9 months out of the year. 

Good points..!

There are coaches out there that would take the KU job and make that program into a 6 win program every year and maybe a double digit winning season once a decade. Figuring out who that coach is may be a big problem but that's what ADs are for. KU is not incapable of fielding decent football teams because Mangino proved it is possible. The out of work coaches that are available are unemployed right now for a reason, I would look elsewhere.There are lot's of candidates available among the successful G5 schools, pick the right one and the problem is solved. There's a guy in Boise that would like to move up, I would at least talk to him.

Edited by Extra Anejo

On 9/16/2018 at 2:14 PM, HornsOverIthaca said:

Well at least Kansas doesn’t seem to have a fan base full of giga-choads and rape defenders.  Too bad we have to count that as a positive in the conference.

Kansas fans are by far my favorite fans in the B12. Rounding out the top 3 would be Osu and WVU (WVU for purely entertainment purposes).

I'm sure K State fans are nice but haven't had the chance of meeting too many. Or ISU.

The rest of em can fuck off. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2018 at 4:51 PM, ztejas said:

Eh. They have annoying round ball fans for sure.

I still think it's a nice, respectable fanbase that rarely comes across as a bunch of morons.

It's almost time to have to tolerate the great fans of Kansas, act insufferable (in a nice way)...