Kansas is Hopeless...

Jhawk

38 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Diversion??

Yeah it was a misdemeanor. That being said, I don’t see any way this isn’t revoked. They will require drug tests and if he was drinking at all or if there was alcohol at the scene they will make him pee weekly and if they catch any booze it will be revoked. I don’t see any way that he makes it through diversion (like probation but easier) while living on a college campus. 

11 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Damn..... 

"You get a Head Coaching Job"

And "You get a Head Coaching Job"

And..... "You get a Head Coaching Job"

And...... "You get a Head Coaching Job"

(repeat)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Old Story

Two Brothers.... one named Pete and other named Repeat.  Pete died.... Who was left????

6 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Yeah it was a misdemeanor. That being said, I don’t see any way this isn’t revoked. They will require drug tests and if he was drinking at all or if there was alcohol at the scene they will make him pee weekly and if they catch any booze it will be revoked. I don’t see any way that he makes it through diversion (like probation but easier) while living on a college campus in the same zip code as Les Miles' office.

fify

On 12/20/2018 at 9:48 PM, Vertigo said:

They graduated 38ish seniors this year and only have like 15 scholarships to give. I will take that bet.

Pretty sure we only graduated 22 seniors this year. We do only have 15 scholarships to give though. Next year we graduate 31 seniors though

Not great but oddly, the OC position is the least of our worries right now.  Our coaching staff and kids were so unorganized over the last 8 years that we need to just get that fundamental organization down.  We were calling timeouts coming out of the quarter breaks in almost every game this year.  If we can instill confidence in the kids, get them to obey the basic rules of football, and practice hard (yes this is a problem for us) then we will start 3-0.  We've got Indiana State, Coastal Carolina, and BC in the noncon.  Just being an organized team that plays hard gets us through that.  We can beat baylor and we can beat tech and we might be KSU, all are in Lawrence and the fans will be interested again because of Les.  We have a tough start to conference play (WVU, @TCU, OU, @UT) but the end of the year is stacked with games we can compete in and show good progress with.  

The sky can't fall any further down so there is a lot to be encouraged by.  Fuck, we might just keep this guy for a year and then dump him if the up and coming offensive assistant is all he is touted to be.

24 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

The sky can't fall any further down so there is a lot to be encouraged by.  Fuck, we might just keep this guy for a year and then dump him if the up and coming offensive assistant is all he is touted to be.

Yeah, the new KU OC Analyst Brent Dearmon may be  "KU's OC In Waiting".  Some believe that the hiring of Les Koenning was just a stopgap decision for Les Miles due to the loss of Chip Lindsey to Troy.  Get someone ( Koenning) that runs similar style to Chip Lindsey.... and hope that Dearmon pans out and later takes over OC for KU.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/22/les-miles-hires-naia-head-coach-to-support-staff/

Edited by LTtxfan

5 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

I thought Miles is on a 5 year contract with a buyout that is basically his remaining contract payments.  Can you actually see KU paying $10 mil to buy him out after year 1?

No.  Said Dearmon might be the next OC...... Not Head Coach.

24 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, the new KU OC Analyst Brent Dearmon may be  "KU's OC In Waiting".  Some believe that the hiring of Les Koenning was just a stopgap decision for Les Miles due to the loss of Chip Lindsey to Troy.  Get someone ( Koenning) that runs similar style to Chip Lindsey.... and hope that Dearmon pans out and later takes over OC for KU.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/22/les-miles-hires-naia-head-coach-to-support-staff/

That is the hope.  Dearmon is coming up through the ranks and was great at Bethel.  The thought is that he isn't getting any opportunities because he hasn't gotten a chance to coach above NAIA.  I would look for 1 season of him being an analyst and if he and HCLM work well together I wouldn't doubt he is Co-OC next year at the minimum with him effectively being the main guy.  Fuck if he has 5 good years under miles and becomes a proven recruiter then he might end up being our next HC.  He is probably the most likely to be a HC on our staff.

5 hours ago, Jhawk said:

That is the hope.  Dearmon is coming up through the ranks and was great at Bethel.  The thought is that he isn't getting any opportunities because he hasn't gotten a chance to coach above NAIA.  I would look for 1 season of him being an analyst and if he and HCLM work well together I wouldn't doubt he is Co-OC next year at the minimum with him effectively being the main guy.  Fuck if he has 5 good years under miles and becomes a proven recruiter then he might end up being our next HC.  He is probably the most likely to be a HC on our staff.

Agree..... have heard similar stuff from KU guy that I know.  Just hope you guys aren't expecting much in the way of recruiting from Koenning, because he was horrible at it while on the staff at Texas.

19 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Not great but oddly, the OC position is the least of our worries right now.  Our coaching staff and kids were so unorganized over the last 8 years that we need to just get that fundamental organization down.  We were calling timeouts coming out of the quarter breaks in almost every game this year.  If we can instill confidence in the kids, get them to obey the basic rules of football, and practice hard (yes this is a problem for us) then we will start 3-0.  We've got Indiana State, Coastal Carolina, and BC in the noncon.  Just being an organized team that plays hard gets us through that.  We can beat baylor and we can beat tech and we might be KSU, all are in Lawrence and the fans will be interested again because of Les.  We have a tough start to conference play (WVU, @TCU, OU, @UT) but the end of the year is stacked with games we can compete in and show good progress with.  

The sky can't fall any further down so there is a lot to be encouraged by.  Fuck, we might just keep this guy for a year and then dump him if the up and coming offensive assistant is all he is touted to be.

Good luck buddy - I've been there before, hoping Bobby Williams and John'elle Smith were going to right the ship, but it can happen; hoping for you and KU fans that Les is more.

On 1/23/2019 at 12:07 PM, LTtxfan said:

Yeah more KU Staff moves by "Mad Hatter"...

Kansas: Jay Niemann, who spent the last three seasons as the defensive coordinator at Rutgers, has joined the staff as a defensive analyst, former Texas State defensive coordinator Christopher Woods has joined the program as senior defensive analyst, and Alex Knisely will work as the director of video operations after spending the past two seasons as the assistant director of video operations at Northwestern.

Edited by LTtxfan

ESPN on Les Miles Recruiting

Miles had the luxury of being hired at Kansas on Nov. 18, because he had been out of coaching for the 2018 season. He did not have a luxury of a stacked recruiting class when he took over. In fact, Kansas had only one prospect committed at that point, three-star running back Cole Mueller.

Mueller, oddly enough, decommitted a month later, but Miles ended up signing 11 players during the early signing period. Kansas went from having the fewest commitments of any FBS team to tied for the fourth fewest with Maryland and UMass.

Junior college prospects were a big part of Miles' plan and class. He added ESPN JC 50 defensive end Malcolm Lee, juco defensive tackle Caleb Sampson, juco wide receivers Andrew Parchment and Ezra Naylor, junior college safety Justin Ford and juno quarterback Thomas MacVittie, who originally signed with Pitt in the 2016 class.

Miles inherited an uphill battle to say the least, so being able to sign 11 prospects in a little over four weeks after being out of coaching completely has to be commended. But if Miles wants to turn this program around quickly, 11 commitments is not going to give him enough help.

Having a weak first recruiting class isn't an impossible obstacle to overcome, but the small class could put a big dent in the roster a few years down the road. The staff will have a chance to fix that in the 2020 class, but as of right now, Kansas does not have any 2020 commitments.

2 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Doesn’t say anything about filling 11 of 15 spots. That’s a hell of a job in my opinion. 

Know Jhawk has mentioned Roster limit issue of only 15 spots available for 2019 Class....

What kinda numbers is KU eligible to have for 2020 Recruiting Class??

25 assuming we don’t blueshirt kids this year. Beaty gave blueshirts to a bunch of juco kids that didn’t have enough eligibility or to kids who weren’t going to stay or be in the program. He was basically sacrificing one and two years down the road to make up for all of the errors he mad with previous years classes. 

On 1/29/2019 at 12:44 PM, LTtxfan said:

Yeah more KU Staff moves by "Mad Hatter"...

Kansas: Jay Niemann, who spent the last three seasons as the defensive coordinator at Rutgers, has joined the staff as a defensive analyst, former Texas State defensive coordinator Christopher Woods has joined the program as senior defensive analyst, and Alex Knisely will work as the director of video operations after spending the past two seasons as the assistant director of video operations at Northwestern.

Still more Staff for "Mad Hatter" 

Kansas: As we shared previously, Joshua Eargle has now officially joined the staff as a senior analyst after three seasons at Austin Peay where he served in numerous capacities including interim head coach, offensive coordinator, run game coordinator and offensive line coach. Also, Colorado graduate asst Chidera Uzo-Diribe* has joined the staff in a defensive quality control role, and former Georgia Tech recruiting coordinator Sara Woodruff will serve as the associate director of football operations

*(New DC -- D.J. Eliot came over from Colorado)

https://salinapost.com/2019/01/25/eargle-uzo-diribe-and-woodruff-join-kansas-football-staff/

Edited by LTtxfan

Interesting Resume..... Sarah Woodruff, Associate Director of Football Operations

Sarah Woodruff will serve as Kansas football’s associate director of football operations, where she will assist the director of football operations in all facets. The operations staff is responsible for developing and implementing the football program’s annual budget, while overseeing team travel, personnel and scheduling.

Woodruff came to Kansas after spending the 2018 season at Georgia Tech, where she served as recruiting coordinator for the football program.

Prior to her time on The Flats, Woodruff was at the University of Minnesota, where she served as executive assistant to head coach P.J. Fleck for 16 months. Prior to her arrival at Minnesota, she held several positions at her alma mater, Southern Methodist University, from 2015-17. Her roles at SMU included football recruiting and operations assistant, football operations intern and assistant event and ambassador coordinator for the university’s undergraduate admission office.

Woodruff graduated magna cum laude from SMU in December 2015 with a B.S. in applied physiology and sport management (health management concentration, sport management minor) and a B.A. in music (piano concentration).

https://kuathletics.com/staff.aspx?staff=2803&utm_medium=sidearm-email&utm_source=kuathletics.com&utm_campaign=FB%3a+Eargle%2c+Uzo-Diribe+and+Woodruff+join+Kansas+football+staff&utm_content=33ca9fbc-7821-438d-bae8-7ca0a2e0423f

Edited by LTtxfan

With so few available spots in 2019 Class (maybe 14?) available due to previous Blue/Gray Shirts used by Beaty at Kansas, "The Mad Hatter" filling spots with PWO's is critical.....

Just saw 3 more PWO's added by Kansas......

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/Bishop-Miege-linebacker-Dylan-Downing-commits-to-KU-128656121/

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/Recruiting-Jerek-Butcher-commits-to-KU-football-as-preferred-walk-on-128550244/

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/Recruiting-KU-football-lands-kicker-Joe-OLeary-128621415/

Edited by LTtxfan

15 hours ago, qwertyu1234 said:

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2019/feb/04/4-star-prep-de-steven-parker-commits-ku-football/

Kansas just signed a 4 star DE

BTW Jhawk do you think Sims/Wise/Dineen have a shot at being drafted? 

Parker is a massive pick up. It looks like our official number of schollies to give is 13. Beaty really fucked our roster. 11 blueshirts and 1 grey shirt last year. It also sounds like we might get the local kid who is currently committed to Michigan. I don’t know his skill set or even name but that would make a lot of noise and announce a presence that we’ve never had in football. 

I think wise 100% gets drafted and I think Dineen is 100% on a roster, maybe even drafted. He is a Ben heeney clone and Ben was starting for the chargers over the last couple of years. The motor, smarts, and nose for the ball are all there. He’ll be an absolute steal for someone in the late rounds or as an undrafted FA. 

Looks like we closed out our class with 3 more 3* athletes and a defensive end.  Got our ranking from the second worst in the country to 91 per 247.  That's pretty good considering Beaty had one guy (and he decommitted) and only handed us what ended up being 13 scholarships.  We found out this week that Beaty blue-shirted 3 guys who were grad transfers.  

I hope herman is giving him zero autonomy because he will fuck you guys over if he is allowed to use his brain.

4 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Looks like we closed out our class with 3 more 3* athletes and a defensive end.  Got our ranking from the second worst in the country to 91 per 247.  That's pretty good considering Beaty had one guy (and he decommitted) and only handed us what ended up being 13 scholarships.  We found out this week that Beaty blue-shirted 3 guys who were grad transfers.  

I hope herman is giving him zero autonomy because he will fuck you guys over if he is allowed to use his brain.

I'm not sure we'll even have a spot for him as an assistant coach. Might hire him as an analyst.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

I'm not sure we'll even have a spot for him as an assistant coach. Might hire him as an analyst.

Your best bet is to give him like $500k and tell him to just go be a high school coach again and send his best players to UT.

I just looked again.  247 now has us with the 64th best class.  That is a fucking insane accomplishment when you consider we have 13 scholarships and had one 2* guy who decommitted in November.  We also snuck into the 9 spot in the big 12.  Tech now has a worse class than KU.

Looking at the 3-5 classes in the big12 (not UT and OU) and if KU can get some wins this year (4?) we might have a massive class next year.  TCU has the 3rd best class with 3 four star and 23 three star kids.  In the 5 spot, OSU is at 3 & 18.  Is it crazy to think that a 4-5 win season for KU and staff continuity could mean that we are bringing in 15+ three star guys and maybe 2-3 four stars?

I haven't followed recruiting until Beaty started going in dry on our roster so I don't know how easy it is to get a 3 star kid or how many there are any given year.  I could be out of my gourd here.

Edited by Jhawk

5 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

I just looked again.  247 now has us with the 64th best class.  That is a fucking insane accomplishment when you consider we have 13 scholarships and had one 2* guy who decommitted in November.  We also snuck into the 9 spot in the big 12.  Tech now has a worse class than KU.

Happy for yah Jhawk...... Hopefully your new OC does ok job for 2019.... 

Still think Brent Dearmon ends up moving into an Asst Off Coach role by 2020.  (Les Koenning is an Analyst/QC Coach at best)