Doctor. Do I have foot COVID?

I have something wrong with my left foot.  For the life of me, I cannot figure out the cause.

Location: Inside arch, left foot to just above the inside ball of my ankle and across the top of my foot where it connects to my shin.

Symptoms: This is where it gets weird.  There is no noticeable swelling.  There is no noticeable discoloration of the skin.  It's only slightly tender when pressed.  HOWEVER, any type of rubbing/friction hurts like absolute hell.  I know this term is outdated but, it feels like an Indian Burn/Rub any time something moves across it.  For example, when pulling off my shoe.  This morning, I was wearing boots and the end of my foot got caught under a log.  The stretching it cause when I lifted my foot had me screaming like a banshee.  It's odd that I can press on it pretty deeply w/o much of an issues, but pulling off a sock the wrong way feels like a hornet sting.  This has been an issue for a few months now.  I'm guessing it's some sort of nerve thing.  Anyone?

Edit:  Forgot to add. The pain is under the skin.  It's not a rash, burn, or abrasion of any kind.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

Sounds like it might be a variation on plantar fasciitis.  Need to stretch that shit out.

Might try rolling your foot around a frozen bottle of water (and the bottle on the parts of your foot you can't roll).

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, Newdoc said:

Sounds like anterior tibialis tendonitis or possibly tarsal syndrome. . . . Or herpes.

Thanks.  I'm not sure it's either.  It's not a bone or ligament injury.  The pain is just below the surface of the skin.  Again, if feels as if someone has taken both hands - at the bottom of my leg at the foot joint - and twisted in opposite directions.  What's odd is that it doesn't hurt to walk or put pressure on the area; just pain when something presses down and rubs against it - i.e. taking off a shoe.  I'll go with foot herpes for now.

On 8/9/2020 at 1:24 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

There is no noticeable discoloration of the skin.  It's only slightly tender when pressed.  HOWEVER, any type of rubbing/friction hurts like absolute hell.  I know this term is outdated but, it feels like an Indian Burn/Rub any time something moves across it. 

So it's an Indian Rope Burn, but no red skin? Interesting.

3 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

foot shingles?

That might be it. Would explain the symptoms being so odd.  I didn't think about that due to the location.

33 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Maybe you’re just fat. That has to be hard on the feet 

6' 200 lbs.

5 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

So it's an Indian Rope Burn, but no red skin? Interesting.

When moving pressure is applied, it feels like a skin burn, but subcutaneous; not on the surface.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

On 8/9/2020 at 11:24 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

I have something wrong with my left foot.  For the life of me, I cannot figure out the cause.

Location: Inside arch, left foot to just above the inside ball of my ankle and across the top of my foot where it connects to my shin.

Symptoms: This is where it gets weird.  There is no noticeable swelling.  There is no noticeable discoloration of the skin.  It's only slightly tender when pressed.  HOWEVER, any type of rubbing/friction hurts like absolute hell.  I know this term is outdated but, it feels like an Indian Burn/Rub any time something moves across it.  For example, when pulling off my shoe.  This morning, I was wearing boots and the end of my foot got caught under a log.  The stretching it cause when I lifted my foot had me screaming like a banshee.  It's odd that I can press on it pretty deeply w/o much of an issues, but pulling off a sock the wrong way feels like a hornet sting.  This has been an issue for a few months now.  I'm guessing it's some sort of nerve thing.  Anyone?

Edit:  Forgot to add. The pain is under the skin.  It's not a rash, burn, or abrasion of any kind.

E172E0EF-B71A-46ED-A449-ED6437B0232A.jpeg