Opt Out & Declare Thread

Neonmoon

3 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Wasn’t it more like three different terms for one category of people?

Could be but I wasn't sure how to categorize "officials" so tried to give him some benefit of the doubt. I mean they're called refs in everything except baseball so not sure where he was going with officials.

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Could be but I wasn't sure how to categorize "officials" so tried to give him some benefit of the doubt. I mean they're called refs in everything except baseball so not sure where he was going with officials.

I took it as redundant dumb on top of dumb.

Technically, isn’t there one “Referee” plus an “Umpire” and multiple “Judges” all of whom are “Officials?”

Intentionally or by accident...I think Deion was technically correct!

• 2 weeks later...

Another LSU opt out 4c51387b96db2fd06c60fe4f206b5aed.jpg

starters from last season or players that heavily contributed? I'm at Stingley Jr(CB), Terrace Marshall(WR), Austin Deculus(RT), Glen Logan(DE), Jacoby Stevens(S),

Only 5 players remain and that’s giving Marshall the benefit of doubt since he wasn’t even a starter last season but had decent stats.

I sort of understood the top talent guys opting out of bowl games if they had even a little history of injuries. However, my mind does not successfully calculate the idea of opting out of a season. Even if the season is a shit-show Covid season. It seems to me that opting out is a way for someone else to have an outstanding year and pass you up in the NFL draft.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Georgia QB (formerly Wake Forest) Jamie Newman is opting out and training for the 2021 NFL draft.

For entertainment, this just popped up on YouTube... 😁 

UGA QB JAMIE NEWMAN OPTING OUT OF 2020 FOOTBALL SEASON? MIGHT AS WELL RAGE