End of the World?

Bullneck

Meh...it's only a VEI 4 at best.  It may cause some issues locally, but the Earth will shrug this one off pretty easily.  We won't even see a drop in global temperature from this one.  Wake me up when it's Toba, Tambora, or Krakatoa. 

Edited by Hate
because I always type "from" "form".
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

The three references to the song already posted weren't enough? Subtle humor is the best humor 

Maybe I thought people needed to listen to the song as they read the thread. I’ll ask you next time before I post something that’s already been mentioned.

There was an 5.1 earthquake in North Carolina early Sunday morning for the first time in nearly 100 years, that great. 
Fucking crows were all rowdy as fuck today.
I had to kill some snakes hiding in the rocks behind my house, not nice ones.
I'm waiting for the next Malaysia airplane to disappear.
I have a craving to listen to a Suzanne Vega album.
I think you've seen me before.
I live in NC and the epicenter was about 2 hours from where I live. A bunch of glasses and small bottles on my wife's vanity started shaking, probably lasted 10 seconds. Never experienced an earthquake before so that was pretty crazy

Enviado desde mi SM-G973U mediante Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 9:58 PM, Hate said:

Meh...it's only a VEI 4 at best.  It may cause some issues locally, but the Earth will shrug this one off pretty easily.  We won't even see a drop in global temperature from this one.  Wake me up when it's Toba, Tambora, or Krakatoa. 

Yeah well when it's Yellowstone don't bother waking me up.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Get your Chan Thomas on....

Magnetohydrodynamics (MHD) is interesting. 

Fractals model MHD well. Great age of discovery. 

I would think repeated cataclysmic events would have a very long lead up -- if equilibrium is the starting point.

But there are people working advancing the science. I hope the state of science in the US remains ready to discover. Humans have been thinking about this question for a long time. We now have the data to start unlocking some old mysteries. 

😐

Spoiler

A good introduction to MHD and fractal modeling of charged particles. The cyclical nature of destruction introduces a lot of variables.   

Magnetohydrodynamics of fractal media 

The fractal distribution of charged particles is considered. An example of the distribution is the charged particles that are distributed over the fractal. The fractional integrals are used to describe the fractal distribution. These integrals are considered as approximations of integrals on fractals. Typical turbulent media could be of a fractal structure and the corresponding equations should be changed to include the fractal features of the media. The magnetohydrodynamics equations for fractal media are derived from the fractional generalization of integral Maxwell equations and integral hydrodynamics (balance) equations. Possible equilibrium states for these equations are considered. 

Physics of Plasmas, Volume 13, Issue 5, article id. 052107 12 pp. (2006).

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah well when it's Yellowstone don't bother waking me up.

La Garita in Colorado looks at Huckberry Ridge tuff and says - hold my beer: here comes Fish Tuff. 

An ejection of a massive load . . . Let's hear for the Lunch Lady wearing a Chelsea shirt - for some reason.

Internet Excellence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkq_9jBmjZU

Edited by washparkhorn

5 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

La Garita in Colorado looks at Huckberry Ridge tuff and says - hold my beer: here comes Fish Tuff. 

An ejection of a massive load . . . Let's hear for the Lunch Lady wearing a Chelsea shirt - for some reason.

Internet Excellence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkq_9jBmjZU

Well because it is 2020 and Fuck China, there is always the Changbaishan volcano waiting to erupt.

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Or if you must do so, at least make sure you brought massive amounts of pure cocaine and heroin, ya know, for science.

I'd suggest staying away from "uppers." I threw a hurricane party for Ike at my old house in Pearland. All of us were rolling on ecstasy until about 4am when everyone started to get tired and crash out. Not this guy. 

I popped 2 more and something like a half hour later, I could hear shit flying around outside. "Let's go take a look" I told my fucked up 21 yo self. So I go to the backyard and just stared at all the possible shit that could kill me (had a swing set doing 360s that put my mind in a trance), and thought it was cool how I couldn't keep my balance and trying to determine if it was the wind or my inebriation causing it. A little voice inside was telling me "you're fucking stupid and are about to die" but I did a good job suppressing it until I watched a light pole crash down on my neighbor's car. After that, I switched my front rows to a suite and sat back wondering when something was going to fly into my house and kill only me while all my friends lay asleep. Good times. /csb

• Haha 1