2020 Democratic National Convention

Hugo Stiglitz

I understand Castro has already spoke in the past, but it checks off largest state up for grabs according to polling (Texas), a group desperately needed to drive out support (Hispanics), and Progressives. And I mostly dislike the guy for his lack of competitiveness.

Today is the day. Anyone plan on watching? I copied this from NYT. Note: I used plain text for readability for some Surly folks so the links are not active. At the bottom of the page is the link to the NYT article which will have the links for livestream, etc.

The convention will air from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. Eastern time every day, Monday through Thursday. There are several ways to watch:

The Times will stream the full convention every day, accompanied by chat-based live analysis from our reporters and real-time highlights from the speeches.

The official livestream will be here. It will also be available on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Twitch.

ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox News will carry the convention from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. each night. C-SPAN, CNN, MSNBC and PBS will cover the full two hours each night.

Streams will be available on Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire TV by searching “Democratic National Convention” or “2020 DNC,” and on Amazon Prime Video by searching “DNC.”

The convention will air on AT&T U-verse (channels 212 and 1212) and AT&T DirectTV (channel 201). It will also air on Comcast Xfinity Flex and Comcast X1 (say “DNC” into your voice remote).

You can watch on a PlayStation 4 or PSVR through the Littlstar app.

If you have an Alexa device, you can say “Alexa, play the Democratic National Convention.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/17/us/politics/democratic-national-convention-speakers-schedule.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/eva-longoria-tracee-ellis-ross-kerry-washington-and-julia-louis-dreyfus-added-to-convention-lineup/ar-BB183JzO?ocid=msedgntp

Democrats will intersperse their lineup of speakers and musical acts at this week’s convention with four entertainment figures who long have been active in party politics: Eva Longoria, Tracee Ellis Ross, Kerry Washington and Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

Longoria will appear on Monday, Ross on Tuesday, Washington on Wednesday and Louis-Dreyfus on Thursday.

Monday’s lineup includes Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), former Ohio Gov. John Kasich and former First Lady Michelle Obama. The convention will run from 9-11 p.m. ET each night.

Louis-Dreyfus will appear on the same night that Joe Biden accepts the Democratic nomination. She already has headlined a fundraiser for the former vice president, having appeared with him in a parody video during the run of Veep. Longoria spoke at the 2012 Democratic convention in Charlotte, NC.

The convention also will feature performances from Leon Bridges, The Chicks, Common, Billie Eilish, Jennifer Hudson, John Legend, Billy Porter, Maggie Rogers, Prince Royce and Stephen Stills. Other speakers and celebrities will be announced in the coming days.

In addition to the lineup of speakers, Democrats plan to feature testimonials from everyday Americans who will appear from locations across the country. Convention organizers also announced that the keynote address, traditionally delivered by one up-and-coming party figure, will instead feature 17 different speakers.

Actresses and activists Eva Longoria, Tracee Ellis Ross, Kerry Washington and Julia Louis-Dreyfus will each emcee one night of the Democratic National Convention, the convention committee announced Monday.

The celebrities will weave together the two hours of live and pre-recorded material each night during the almost entirely virtual program.

It's going to be great, Hugo. Kasich doesn't know it as it's a surprise, but they are going to run him in a simulation like Tom Hanks on SNL ("Black Jeopardy" skit) so that any R viewers (all five of them) can see that they aren't so different after all.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Edit

4 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

Anyone know who's speaking tonight?

John Kasich because he wants sanity in America. I'll take it even I disagree with him on most policies because I'm not a short sighted moron who expects purity. 

Edited by Orale
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Orale said:

John Kasich because he wants sanity in America. I'll take it even I disagree with him on most policies because I'm not a short sighted moron who expects purity. 

Absolutely this. It’s not like the Dems are handing Kasich a pen and inviting his redlines to the party platform. An influential member of the opposition party wants to recommend his fellow Republicans vote for the Dem candidate. You let that guy speak. Every. Damn. Time.

I can’t believe how hard it is for some people to understand this. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Orale said:

You'll take what? The Democratic Party catering to anti-choice, education budget-slashing, homophobic, union-busting Republicans who are more palatable than Donald because they don't come right out and say what they think? Jesus fucking Christ, maybe it's time to reevaluate what you stand for, assuming that's actually *anything*.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

I get the angst, but IMO if you are the most diverse most inclusive party then you own it and say, “hey, sure we have progressives, less progressives, centrists, and pretty much almost Republicans and former Republicans. We’re not a cult based on hate and fear. Join us and let’s carry on democracy.”

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I get the angst, but IMO if you are the most diverse most inclusive party then you own it and say, “hey, sure we have progressives, less progressives, centrists, and pretty much almost Republicans and former Republicans. We’re not a cult based on hate and fear. Join us and let’s carry on democracy.”

The most diverse, most inclusive party should've invited Joaquin Castro to speak.

11 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

You'll take what? The Democratic Party catering to anti-choice, education budget-slashing, homophobic, union-busting Republicans who are more palatable than Donald because they don't come right out and say what they think? Jesus fucking Christ, maybe it's time to reevaluate what you stand for, assuming that's actually *anything*.

Lol at you weenies negging me instead of trying to actually justify John fucking Kasich speaking at the DNC.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

girl friend girls GIF by South Park