Mazak Mazatrol programming. Anybody use it?

We have an old Mazak Slant-Turn lathe (199?) with Mazatrol T32-3 controls. It has limited memory so our operator has been dumping old programs to clear space for new jobs. Not a problem as long as the programs that are dumped are one-off jobs that will never be repeated.  We have reached the point that everything left in memory is something that we need to keep. The problem is that Mazak controls don't allow us to download these programs to a laptop or PC. There is a single RS-232 port for data transfer. Have any of you figured out a way to do this? A quick google shows several 3rd party software packages available that purport to do this and we are going to download some free trials from a couple of them to look at. It doesn't sound like the trial versions have the transfer capabilities enabled so I doubt that we can witness what we actually want it to do for us. It's probably a longshot but are there any programmers/shop owners here that know this shit?

I'm not a controls guy so use small words and talk to me like I'm in 4th grade.

Edited by Shoxthemonkey