Tottenham 2020-21: To Dare Is To Park

DeepEastTexas

55 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Ndombele tested positive for COVID-19. He’s off to a great start. 

So did Paul Pogba.   Better now and get it out of the way. 

Tottenham Hotspur have now entered into negotiations with Barcelona over the transfer for striker Luis Suárez over signing a two-year contract:

Edited by midtown

so not being an avid tottenham follower, i found it strange to contrast what the two locker rooms (dressing rooms, whatever) looked like between the tottenham series and the man city series on amazon.  granted, only three in on the spurs and rather critically, the spurs were in the midst of a shitty run and a manager transition, but the city series seemed like all the guys in the locker room were having a lot of fun and actually cared about each other as a team.  tottenham's players all seem like the fucking hate each other at the training facility.

am i the only one that has that perception?  was the team suffering from some super fractured state last year?  none of those guys ever seem like they actually want to be there. even kane.  maybe i'm just imagining things but i figured you guys would be the best place to put the question forth.

that said, holy shit that stadium is fucking beautiful.  that is an incredibly facility and it is shot beautifully in the series.  i know how english soccer enthusiasts are about proper pitches and tradition and bla bla bla but give me the new white hart lane over anfield, stamford, trafford, whatever any day.

21 hours ago, sidis said:

so not being an avid tottenham follower, i found it strange to contrast what the two locker rooms (dressing rooms, whatever) looked like between the tottenham series and the man city series on amazon.  granted, only three in on the spurs and rather critically, the spurs were in the midst of a shitty run and a manager transition, but the city series seemed like all the guys in the locker room were having a lot of fun and actually cared about each other as a team.  tottenham's players all seem like the fucking hate each other at the training facility.

am i the only one that has that perception?  was the team suffering from some super fractured state last year?  none of those guys ever seem like they actually want to be there. even kane.  maybe i'm just imagining things but i figured you guys would be the best place to put the question forth.

that said, holy shit that stadium is fucking beautiful.  that is an incredibly facility and it is shot beautifully in the series.  i know how english soccer enthusiasts are about proper pitches and tradition and bla bla bla but give me the new white hart lane over anfield, stamford, trafford, whatever any day.

i mean, the first three episodes take place immediately after the sacking of a fairly well-loved manager and the hiring of a guy who has a completely opposite philosophy. not to mention a nearly 12-month run of terrible away form, multiple aging players in the last year of their contract and a superstar “leader” who had been vocal about wanting out for six months. if anything i thought it was pretty anesthetized in terms of what was really going on behind closed doors.