Tottenham 2020-21: To Dare Is To Park

DeepEastTexas

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

i'll be really interested to watch PEH play for y'all this year. i was surprised he made the leap to a Top 6 club, much less in the starting XI.

I think he will be fine as long as he has Lo Celso or Ndombele alongside him. Winks or Sissoko as partners makes a midfield that completely lacks creativity and athleticism.

Looks like we're getting Bale on loan (no shit) and Reguilon. Alasdair Gold is saying we're looking to add more after that. I guess Mourinho told Levy to buy some fucking players?

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/transfer-news/levy-gareth-bale-sergio-reguilon-18940463.amp?__twitter_impression=true

I'll believe it when I see Bale in an actual match for Spurs.   Hard to believe right now that Spurs would spend 300K pounds per week for a 31 year old while also offering up Dele in a swap deal to get it done, but couldn't overcome a few million pound difference in the "rights" disagreement with the Dybala negotiation last year, or the Bruno Fernandes transfer, or any other bit of business Levy has tried to conduct in the last few years. 

On the other hand, I read somewhere that people close to the club have described Levy's relationship with Mourinho to the relationship David Brent had with Finchy in the UK version of The Office.  Levy is enamored with Jose.  If that's the case, then maybe Levy fell under Jose's spell and went out and spent money after Jose told him to.  Sucks for Poch, since he'd been saying that for two years. If Levy had spent some money under Poch's tenure, maybe he'd still be at the club.  

This better work out if it happens, because last week's match was dreadful to watch.  Most of the matches in 2020 have been boring, plodding, unimaginative football under Mourinho.  It's just not fun to watch.

3 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

I'll believe it when I see Bale in an actual match for Spurs.   Hard to believe right now that Spurs would spend 300K pounds per week for a 31 year old while also offering up Dele in a swap deal to get it done, but couldn't overcome a few million pound difference in the "rights" disagreement with the Dybala negotiation last year, or the Bruno Fernandes transfer, or any other bit of business Levy has tried to conduct in the last few years. 

On the other hand, I read somewhere that people close to the club have described Levy's relationship with Mourinho to the relationship David Brent had with Finchy in the UK version of The Office.  Levy is enamored with Jose.  If that's the case, then maybe Levy fell under Jose's spell and went out and spent money after Jose told him to.  Sucks for Poch, since he'd been saying that for two years. If Levy had spent some money under Poch's tenure, maybe he'd still be at the club.  

This better work out if it happens, because last week's match was dreadful to watch.  Most of the matches in 2020 have been boring, plodding, unimaginative football under Mourinho.  It's just not fun to watch.

Dybala chose to stay with Juventus. The issue wasn't the image rights per Fabrizio Ramano.

7 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Dybala chose to stay with Juventus. The issue wasn't the image rights per Fabrizio Ramano.

This article made it sound like it was strictly because of the image rights, the complexity surrounding them, the price tag associated with them, and the condensed timeline.

Doesn't mention that Dybala wanted to stay at Juve, quite the opposite.  He really wanted to leave, and spurned Man U to go play for Poch.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/tottenham-transfer-news-paulo-dybala-image-rights-paris-saint-germain-deadline-day-a9047451.html

It was an extraordinarily complex detail in an already labyrinthine deal. Some years ago, Dybala had sold his image rights – the right a player possesses to control, sell, license and otherwise monetise his likeness – to the Malta-based Star Image Company, owned by his former agent, Pierpaolo Triulzi. That meant that, before any transfer could be ratified, Spurs would have to reach a financial agreement with the company since image rights are not legally recognised by the Premier League.

The Independent was told by sources close to the Italian side of the deal that this fee would be significantly lower than the £40m quoted by several Italian newspapers. But it was still a headache, for both Spurs and Juventus.

There were even reports that Dybala had agreed terms with Spurs.  What could have been.

2 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

This article made it sound like it was strictly because of the image rights, the complexity surrounding them, the price tag associated with them, and the condensed timeline.

Doesn't mention that Dybala wanted to stay at Juve, quite the opposite.  He really wanted to leave, and spurned Man U to go play for Poch.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/tottenham-transfer-news-paulo-dybala-image-rights-paris-saint-germain-deadline-day-a9047451.html

There were even reports that Dybala had agreed terms with Spurs.  What could have been.

Delaney sucks. Romano is considered one of the best sources around for transfers. He's also based out of... Italy.

13 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Delaney sucks. Romano is considered one of the best sources around for transfers. He's also based out of... Italy.

Yeah, God forbid I read an article about my club from a media outlet in their home country.  I have to take the word of an Italian writer that mentioned that in a podcast. 

Do any search on Paulo Dybala and Tottenham and there are going to be several articles from all over Europe talking about Image Rights.  When it comes to transfers, there isn't a definitive "source" that can be trusted.  It's all speculation at best, click bait at worst.  "Best sources" for transfers is oxymoronic in European football. 

When you start reading about the same issue over and over causing a breakdown in the transfer talks, and in differing outlets, you can rightly assume it played a major role.  

39 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Yeah, God forbid I read an article about my club from a media outlet in their home country.  I have to take the word of an Italian writer that mentioned that in a podcast. 

Do any search on Paulo Dybala and Tottenham and there are going to be several articles from all over Europe talking about Image Rights.  When it comes to transfers, there isn't a definitive "source" that can be trusted.  It's all speculation at best, click bait at worst.  "Best sources" for transfers is oxymoronic in European football. 

When you start reading about the same issue over and over causing a breakdown in the transfer talks, and in differing outlets, you can rightly assume it played a major role.  

Romano works for The Guardian.

I'm saying Delaney is very hit or miss with his trabsfer stories, especially Tottenham. I'd take guys like Gold, Hytner, the guys at The Athletic, and Kilpatrick over him. Romano is also seen as much, much more credible than Delaney.

Edited by Schulz2.0

16 minutes ago, midtown said:

Anyone else watching this?  Pretty average even with probably our best starting 11.    Missed foul in the box on Bergwijn.  Davies misses.    Apparently the feed is down for everyone for a solid 15 mins

Short preseason. Stupid ass Nations League games the week before the season started. Most of the starters are game fit for 90 minutes. 

They're parking the bus and we've had almost every chance in the game. Just need to finally bury one to open the game up.

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

I feel this comment from reddit: now we've beaten this 9-men bulgarian side I believe we can have a great season

I guess? We had a lot of good chances. They basically scored on their only chance of the game. We had a penalty go uncalled sbd the penalty they finally did call was a guy blatantly sticking his arm out to block what was going to be a goal. It wasn't the prettiest game, but we were easily the better side and it could have just as easily been a 3-0 or 4-0 win.

17 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

NBCSN seems hellbent on ruining the fanbase they've built up.

They will decimate the fan base at this rate. 3 of the 4 matches Saturday AND Sunday are on Peacock. Including Chelsea / Liverpool. 

For a service that isn’t on ROKU, Amazon Fire, or Samsung Smart TVs, this is truly mind boggling.