Live action Avatar: The Last Airbender Netflix

Michael Knight

Well you can probably skip this

In a rare public fallout for Netflix, the creators of the platform’s highly anticipated, live-action adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender, the acclaimed Nickelodeon cartoon, have walked away from the project.

Avatar: The Last Airbender’s full run became available on Netflix this past June, attracting a huge audience and reigniting the 2000s cartoon’s popularity. But in separate posts published to their respective blogs and Instagrams, Avatar franchise creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko said they were no longer involved with the previously announced Netflix remake, due to prolonged creative differences. (Vox has reached out to Netflix for comment.)

“When Netflix brought me on board to run this series alongside Mike two years ago,” Konietzko wrote in his Instagram post, “they made a very public promise to support our vision. Unfortunately, there was no follow-through on that promise. ... [T]he general handling of the project created what I felt was a negative and unsupportive environment.”

“I realized I couldn’t control the creative direction of the series, but I could control how I responded,” DiMartino added on his own website. “So, I chose to leave the project.”

Both creators described the move as “a difficult decision” but stated they’d lost confidence that Netflix would honor their vision for the show. This comes almost two years after Netflix announced the live-action reboot of the series, eliciting a huge response. Despite its brief run, which ended more than a decade ago, Avatar fans remain loyal — and that Netflix had gotten the series’ creators involved seemed to give them confidence in the project.

https://www.vox.com/2020/8/12/21365105/avatar-airbender-showrunners-quit-netflix-live-action-series

• Hook 'Em 1

TLoK sucked because Nick people couldn't stop getting in the way. Why the fuck did Netflix feel the need to fuck with the two dudes who arguably created the best animation series ever? They kinda know what they are doing. All the Netflix assholes needed to do was watch what a disaster Jackson's Hobbit was. Don't fuck with well established stories.

Zuko's character arch and redemption story is one of the most complex and well written works of fiction.