2020 Pro Cycling Thread: Spreading Corona with La Caravane du Tour

G650

On 9/11/2020 at 9:33 PM, Whitewater Horn said:

It’s a shame that so many Americans believe the bullshit stereotypes

I have to be honest, I was legitimately a bit disappointed when all the waiters I had the first time I was in Paris were not only not rude, but actually pretty nice.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, G650 said:

I have to be honest, I was legitimately a bit disappointed when all the waiters I had the first time I was in Paris were not only not rude, but actually pretty nice.

Yeah, I had a lot of moments like that in different countries over there where what I heard growing up didn’t match the experience I had.

When Porte was riding 4th wheel behind the Jumbo boys, I kept waiting for him to jump. Tadej moves up to that spot and I thought maybe Richie was cracking and then he did go. Would have loved to see him get a win there. His crashes are nightmare fuel. 
It’s awesome to have something resembling a real GC fight going into the last week. 

Just now, tx ind said:

haha Sky, we're all laughing at you.

The 2 leaders are going to be awesome to watch over the next week.

Wednesday will be must watch:

image.png.b7ce01cd29e3282bf96882193df1197f.png

I suspect we see one of those kamikaze Quintana rides here where he gets like 3 minutes, and promptly drops way back the following day.

The cycle path above Meribel to the Loze is steep and high

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

Today I was watching the international English feed (not by the TV this week), they were saying his back is out. It's the same thing that took Pino out this year too.

On the NBC feed they were speculating that Bernal May have intentionally lost time today. Ineos knows they are out of the GC race and now need to at least salvage stage wins. With Bernal close to 20 minutes out of the GC, the peloton may allow him to go out in breakaway to try for a stage win. That’s possible. It’s also possible that he’s just cooked. 

6 hours ago, Whitewater Horn said:

On the NBC feed they were speculating that Bernal May have intentionally lost time today. Ineos knows they are out of the GC race and now need to at least salvage stage wins. With Bernal close to 20 minutes out of the GC, the peloton may allow him to go out in breakaway to try for a stage win. That’s possible. It’s also possible that he’s just cooked. 

My honest opinion after seeing him is he is fucking toast.

I wasn’t quite sure because they showed him yesterday on the way up the Cote de Revel riding alongside the team car, and he was laughing and shooting the shit with them, even smiled at camera on the moto. He’s young, we’ll see him again. 

I really hope Pogacar attacks in earnest today.  I’m itching to see the two Slovenians in an all out fight to see who cracks. Roglic obviously has the stronger team, but I’m starting to get the feeling that Pogacar might be able to gap or even drop Roglic in a sustained attack with some distance of at least a km. 

1 minute ago, TexPx said:

Very cool stage. Hope they keep it in the future. Wonder what would have happened if they hadn’t made Kuss pull up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally agree. That could become a new classic climb of the Tour. Dramatic, steep, and beautiful. I loved those false flats where they could recover a bit before the road pitched up again.  About Kuss, hopefully someone will ask him about that. I’m sure he’ll be diplomatic and defer to the strength of Lopez, though. What a great stage. 

• Like 1

Catching up on my Eurosport app now, but looks like great stage. Roglic clearly the stronger of the two between him and Pog. But hat's off to Podgacar digging super deep today, I hope it doesn't cost him tomorrow.

Looking forward to one of my favorite climbs ever, Cormet de Roselend!

s-l400.jpg

Gravel at the top of the mountain? This is nuts.

Those look like the caliche roads they once had all over Collin County. I used to do training rides in those on a Mountain Bike. Can’t imagine riding those up there on 25mm tires. They are brutal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk