Voting Information : Links & Stuff

Neonmoon

1 hour ago, Pasken said:

Good gravy.  Again, we have to get out the word to vote EARLY AND IN PERSON.  Fuck this shit.

That also fucks over the Trump mailers statewide with absentee applications I would think. They would have to print out the same document from the SOS website for Texans.

In regards to the Green Party issue about ballots, im not sure that affects the process as much. Pretty sure no mail in ballots have been mailed out yet in the largest counties. Incredibly silly that the Supreme Court says Harris County can’t print out a page from a state website and mail it to people.

Edited by StassneyHorn

21 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Is that fewer than normal?  Big chunk of north-central Austin is bare.  I can't remember when ACC Highland or the Tax Office on Airport wasn't a location.

We use to also have mobile voting locations so more of the city was covered for at least a day until the state ledge put an end to that last session. 

Edited by Pasken

In Texas, if a VBM application is in by Sept 27, the Election Office has to mail their ballots to them no later than October 4th.  After that it's a deadline relative to when the application was received.

Too lazy to retype this...so cross posted.

5 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

For any of you looking for ways to help in the voter protection area for the blue team, here's the link to see your options, including poll watching.

TxDem Voter Protection Team

They would really appreciate some more lawyers on the team.  

On 9/15/2020 at 7:45 PM, StassneyHorn said:

That also fucks over the Trump mailers statewide with absentee applications I would think. They would have to print out the same document from the SOS website for Texans.

In regards to the Green Party issue about ballots, im not sure that affects the process as much. Pretty sure no mail in ballots have been mailed out yet in the largest counties. Incredibly silly that the Supreme Court says Harris County can’t print out a page from a state website and mail it to people.

Lots of counties were already in queue at the printer and had to pull out, and start over.  Expected 2 week delay in my county.   Went from first mailout of around the 22nd to early Oct now.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:
On a positive note, the number of registered voters in Texas is climbing.
Nov 2016 15.1M
Nov 2018 15.8M
Mar 2020 16.2M
July 2020 16.4M
Projected Nov 2020 17M.
And in Texas 45.1% of the new registrations are Dem, and 34.3 are GOP.

That is encouraging. Texas could really save the nation if we can end this thing early and not let Trump start a legal fight to stop counting mail in ballots the day after the election which is most certainly will do.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 5:15 PM, SubliminalHorn said:

Anyone apply to be a poll worker and heard back from the county? I applied about 6 weeks ago. Followed up with an email last week and still haven’t heard anything. 

I received a text asking for volunteers this weekend and applied. Haven't heard back yet.

Here is the link if anyone is interested in volunteering. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I received a text asking for volunteers this weekend and applied. Haven't heard back yet.

Here is the link if anyone is interested in volunteering. 

I finally got an application from the City of Austin to be a poll worker during early voting. Gonna send that off tomorrow 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/25/2020 at 6:07 PM, StassneyHorn said:

Straight Ticket voting in Texas is uncancelled

You know what else creates mass lines at the polls and increasing the amount of time voters are exposed to COVID-19 besides HB 25?  Not letting people mail in their ballots.  

I wish Texas was as passionate about access to election ballots as it is about access to firearms.  

Edited by Lobo

Travis County folks, sample ballots are up at votetravis.com.

To see the sample ballot, you have to enter your voter information at the bottom of the page and say "Look me up", then "View my ballot".

You can view or print a sample ballot that will match what you see at the voting booth.  Fill it in ahead of time and bring it with you to vote quickly and keep the lines moving.
It is OK to bring printed materials with you into the voting booth.

Edited by Texas Jeff
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

Travis County folks, sample ballots are up at votetravis.com.

You can view or print a sample ballot that will match what you see at the voting booth.  Fill it in ahead of time and bring it with you to vote quickly and keep the lines moving.
It is OK to bring printed materials with you into the voting booth.

Doesn't seem like it's quite ready to go yet, but good link anyway.

Ballots

Ballots will be available closer to the Election.
Please check back.

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Doesn't seem like it's quite ready to go yet, but good link anyway.

My bad, I did not include enough info on how to get your ballot...

Enter your voter information at the bottom of the page and say "Look me up".  If it finds you in the system, you can then click on "View my ballot".  You should get a PDF that is customized for you..

Well after last night's shitshow.  Anybody wanna be our Travis County Surly designated drive on Election Day?  Because yeah, we're gonna get drunk and ride around and intimidate the intimidators at polling locations.  Nothing physical, we'll be middle aged and half in the bag.  Just taking pictures of their faces and license plates, asking them to please go away from the ballot lines, and then ruining their lives.  

Looking for a place to register to vote?  Here's a google map of all the voter registration events going on:

The blue ones are County Offices (EA, Clerk, VR) and the purple ones are volunteer events.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl=en&mid=159eXv2HasAmxiGHKLHbsnlIpYJLfvbwZ&ll=32.15631197988709%2C-97.03475185009425&z=6

Edited by pyrohornIII
Added color clarification