Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

1 minute ago, NoName said:

he is absolutely not Tate Martell, just to be clear.

Is he Jimmy Clausen? Garrett Gilbert? Shea Patterson? Blake Barnett? Kyle Allen? 

There are plenty of 5 star QBs that were can't-miss prospects, that never lived up to expectations in college.

You can't definitively predict how it will turn out for him.

2 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Is he Jimmy Clausen? Garrett Gilbert? Shea Patterson? Blake Barnett? Kyle Allen? 

There are plenty of 5 star QBs that were can't-miss prospects, that never lived up to expectations in college.

As far as QB's go he's in the stratosphere as these guys as a recruit.

image.png.7a0eb64ec4183b01146656265f6d796b.png

As far as overall prospects ever, he'll be in this range when they add the 2022 class.

image.png.4d987e73a7352cbeb0c6b27c637d5410.png

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm bored so of those two list they are as follows:

QBs

Vince - Rd 1 Pick 3

Lawrence - Rd 1 Pick 1

Fields - Rd 1 Pick 11

Berlin - Undrafted - Transferred around

Pryor - Supplemental Draft - Weird end to college career with the autograph scandal

Overall

Clowney - Rd 1 Pick 1

Nkemidche - Rd 1 Pick 29

Gary - Rd 1 Pick 12

Vince - Rd 1 Pick 3

Sims - Rd 1 Pick 9

Powell - Rd 5 Pick 169

Lawrence - Rd 1 Pick 1

1 minute ago, Hornlover said:

Martell was the #50-something composite player

Ewers is currently #1 composite player.

the list of composite #1 QBs that were total shit is very short. even the list of top 5 composite QBs that were shit is short.

5* composite QBs != top 5 overall composite QBs

13 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

Yes, I understand that, just to be clear.  Doesn't mean I can't wish for him to have Tate Martell levels of success.

that just makes you an asshole in general.

i don't think that recruiting is for you.

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

the list of composite #1 QBs that were total shit is very short. even the list of top 5 composite QBs that were shit is short.

Yah you're talking a generational talent here at QB. Basically a 6*

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NoName said:

image.thumb.png.c2b2e8460caee3f8d64321e5148c9fa7.png

QBs

Vince - Rd 1 Pick 3

Lawrence - Rd 1 Pick 1

Fields - Rd 1 Pick 11

Berlin - Undrafted - Transferred around - Was on practice squads in the NFL for 4 years or so.

Pryor - Supplemental Draft - Weird end to college career with the autograph scandal - Ended up spending quite a time in the league as a QB and WR.

Bryce Young - Looks like he will be the starter at Bama this year.

Matt Barkley - Rd 4 Pick 98 - bounced around the league for the last 7 years

Clausen - Rd 2 Pick 48 - Had a 6 year NFL career.

Sanchez  - Rd 1 PIck 5 

Shepard - converted to WR and went undrafted but spent time on active rosters in the NFL at the position from 2013-2019

Literally everyone on that QB all time list in the top 10 made it to the NFL and spend multiple years in the league with Bryce being the one incomplete grade currently. Even as a bust Berlin had the talent to hang around for  years in the NFL.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

that just makes you an asshole in general.

i don't think that recruiting is for you.

Well, if recruiting requires that I be willing to get down on all fours and do whatever is necessary to convince an 18 year old to play football at my university, then yes, you're right...it's definitely not for me.  As for you...NTTAWWT.

9 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

Well, if recruiting requires that I be willing to get down on all fours and do whatever is necessary to convince an 18 year old to play football at my university, then yes, you're right...it's definitely not for me.  As for you...NTTAWWT.

ok.

12 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

That's basically what it requires of coaches, so yah

• Hook 'Em 1

Who cares right now? Kid doesn't even seem that invested in fOSU, either. Is he even recruiting for them? I'm sure we can worry around November when he's seen Texas' offense and can actually visit starting in June (which he will at some point). Let him meet the staff and shit and let them do work. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, 83Horn said:

I'm not talking about the QB room; I'm talking about the team.  tOSU is pretty universally considered to be a lock for the B1G championship, and a CFP spot every year, while Texas is considered to be runner-up (at best) in the Big XII.  If Ewers is as good as everyone seems to think he is, he should be able to help get Texas over that hump to championship level, but instead of coming here and helping make that happen(as he originally committed to do), he decides to go where the championships are almost guaranteed.  That just seems a bit...weak to me.  Texas doesn't need him, and we'll be fine without him.

You realize how internally contradictory all this is, right? To sum up: I’m mad he’s not coming here because we need him! But we don’t need him!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

The only thing I've been able to glean from this bump is Rashan Gary to Texas confirmed.

I’ve learned from @83Horn that Texas is not predicted to win conference championships without Ewers but yet we will still be fine without him. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Irieguy

2 hours ago, 83Horn said:

Fuck this guy, and fuck anyone who thinks we're still getting him and fuck anyone who thinks we need him.  I hope this fucker is the next Tate Martell.  Instead of crapping on the team you initially committed to because, "a Texas team hasn’t been in the running for a national championship in a little while", how about you embrace the challenge of helping bring that team back to prominence instead of body surfing on the success of others.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/former-longhorns-commit-quinn-ewers-comments-of-players-leaving-texas/ar-AAKxvqU

Screenshot_20210601-141037_Chrome.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, formermav43 said:

You realize how internally contradictory all this is, right? To sum up: I’m mad he’s not coming here because we need him! But we don’t need him!

You apparently don't realize how wrong you are.  I actually don't care if he plays here or not.  My point is, as stated above, we don't need him, and we're fine without him.  If I am peeved about anything, it's that he felt the need to tell a bullshit story about why he chose not to come here, and implying that Texas isn't good enough for his talents.

5 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

You apparently don't realize how wrong you are.  I actually don't care if he plays here or not.  My point is, as stated above, we don't need him, and we're fine without him.  If I am peeved about anything, it's that he felt the need to tell a bullshit story about why he chose not to come here, and implying that Texas isn't good enough for his talents.

You literally said “Texas is considered to be runner-up (at best) in the Big XII” and he should come help us “get over the hump.” In your judgment we clearly aren’t fine NOW. So you’re peeved that he...shares your assessment?

Reading comprehension is not a strong point with you, is it, or perhaps you're just seeing what you want to see?  Nowhere did I say, or even imply, that Texas is not fine now.  I said that in the estimation of alleged "experts", we're picked to finish no better than second in the Big XII, and maybe even lower.  I happen to disagree with that.  I think we have a good chance of winning it this year, specifically because we're fine in the QB department, elite in the RB department, sneaky good in the OL department, and I believe (in spite of what the last 10 years have taught me) that this coaching staff, is primed to get the best out of our available talent NOW, and will continue to do so after this year is finished.  I do not believe that the success of the University of Texas football program is tied all that tightly to one highly rated high school QB, who has displayed elite talent, but also some questionable internal fortitude.

25 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

just to be clear, you don't care so much you went into the recruiting forum and posted in his specific thread (not the easier to find thread about 2022 recruits) to post shit?

Come On Man GIF by memecandy

12 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

I do not believe that the success of the University of Texas football program is tied all that tightly to one highly rated high school QB, who has displayed elite talent, but also some questionable internal fortitude.

just to be clear, you are basing this on the interview above?

please stop posting dumb shit, or at least take your posting of dumb shit back to the football board.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

just to be clear, you don't care so much you went into the recruiting forum and posted in his specific thread (not the easier to find thread about 2022 recruits) to post shit?

Come On Man GIF by memecandy

Yes, mainly as a middle finger to anyone who thinks that the Texas football program is fucked without this kid signing up to play.  We're fine without him, don't need him.

5 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

Yes, mainly as a middle finger to anyone who thinks that the Texas football program is fucked without this kid signing up to play.  We're fine without him, don't need him.

no one thought that. the thread literally had not been updated in 3 months before you necro'd it.

no one thought that. the thread literally had not been updated in 3 months before you necro'd it.

Really?  Based on the reactions here, it seems like there are quite a few people who believe it, and are greatly offended by my posts.

I'm not talking about the QB room; I'm talking about the team.  tOSU is pretty universally considered to be a lock for the B1G championship, and a CFP spot every year, while Texas is considered to be runner-up (at best) in the Big XII.  If Ewers is as good as everyone seems to think he is, he should be able to help get Texas over that hump to championship level, but instead of coming here and helping make that happen(as he originally committed to do), he decides to go where the championships are almost guaranteed.  That just seems a bit...weak to me.  Texas doesn't need him, and we'll be fine without him.

I mean, the last sentence makes zero sense given the rest of your argument, but okay.

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

I kind of want him to play in the Big 12 just so we can have someone to root against on the schedule.

I only want to see him for a split second against Rutgers, Purdue, Nebraska et al on the 11 am special while flipping channels. Doris Burke in the booth please 

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I mean, the last sentence makes zero sense given the rest of your argument, but okay.

Don't read through these things very thoroughly, I see.  This was addressed a mere 11 posts above yours.  Re-posted for your reading convenience:

Nowhere did I say, or even imply, that Texas is not fine now.  I said that in the estimation of alleged "experts", we're picked to finish no better than second in the Big XII, and maybe even lower.  I happen to disagree with that.  I think we have a good chance of winning it this year, specifically because we're fine in the QB department, elite in the RB department, sneaky good in the OL department, and I believe (in spite of what the last 10 years have taught me) that this coaching staff, is primed to get the best out of our available talent NOW, and will continue to do so after this year is finished.  I do not believe that the success of the University of Texas football program is tied all that tightly to one highly rated high school QB, who has displayed elite talent, but also some questionable internal fortitude.

But, that just like, my opinion, man...you are free to disagree.

16 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Remember when VY was raked across the coals for occasionally throwing sidearm? (Usually when it was very helpful to throw sidearm.)

Then Patrick Mahomes started throwing sidearm to get the ball past oncoming defenders and it became a thing that would be beneficial to be able to do.

Then Luca Sartirana starts soiling his pants all excited that a kid from Texas can be like Patrick.

People with no memories bug.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Gotdamn some of y’all are whiny bitches. The kid is almost certainly going to be finominole. As BO&W pointed out, a composite #1 QB is basically a guaranteed stud. As for whether we need him or not is a stupid argument. Would we be better with him? Probably. Will we be fine without him? Of course. It’s not like we’re just going to shut down the football program. 22 & 23 are also a bit unique since it’s possible we could see back-to-back QBs as the composite #1. Even if Arch doesn’t take the number one spot, he’s close enough that I think BO&W’s analysis still applies.

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust