Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

53 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Gotdamn some of y’all are whiny bitches. The kid is almost certainly going to be finominole. As BO&W pointed out, a composite #1 QB is basically a guaranteed stud. As for whether we need him or not is a stupid argument. Would we be better with him? Probably. Will we be fine without him? Of course. It’s not like we’re just going to shut down the football program. 22 & 23 are also a bit unique since it’s possible we could see back-to-back QBs as the composite #1. Even if Arch doesn’t take the number one spot, he’s close enough that I think BO&W’s analysis still applies.

Coach the hell out of Murphy and turn him into a beast. Then get Manning. Problem solved.

On 6/2/2021 at 9:41 AM, SquishMitten said:

Gotdamn some of y’all are whiny bitches. The kid is almost certainly going to be finominole. As BO&W pointed out, a composite #1 QB is basically a guaranteed stud. As for whether we need him or not is a stupid argument. Would we be better with him? Probably. Will we be fine without him? Of course. It’s not like we’re just going to shut down the football program. 22 & 23 are also a bit unique since it’s possible we could see back-to-back QBs as the composite #1. Even if Arch doesn’t take the number one spot, he’s close enough that I think BO&W’s analysis still applies.

define 'fine'

• Fuck You 1

• 1 month later...
Just now, Big Woodrows said:

I'm sure the IT folks will call Ewers a bad teammate and a quitter as well...right?

While the circumstances are quite a bit different (Blue's supposed to be a diva, and impulsively did it after a fight with his coaches, while Ewers has been a good teammate to this point and did it as part of a planned move), it really doesn't change much for their teams in the end, does it?

Sill, for seven figures, fuck it I'd be out.

• Hook 'Em 2

jesus, comical to throw 7 figures at a 17 year old kid and he turns out to shit the bed and be a bust.  i wonder if that tempers future blowing fuck tons of money on unproven kids 

but yeah if Im 17 and your gonna toss fuck you money at me, im quitting too 

4 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

I'm sure the IT folks will call Ewers a bad teammate and a quitter as well...right?

One guy was going to quit the team while still being in school for the semester, the other would be reclassifying to join his future team 

Not apples to apples

since he only has to get the one more english credit, it seems he could enroll in HS for the fall, get the credit, win a HS championship, graduate, decommit from tosu, recommit to TX, enroll in January, profit profit profit.  I'd think he could delay the NIL deal for 5 months.  

Ohio State is scheduled to open their Fall camp on Tuesday. I guess this move doesn't really have much to do with him getting into the mix to play in 2021, but I wonder if he will enroll and join the team right away. Assuming he'll go to the NFL as soon as possible OSU also gets one less year of eligibility from him given it's a stretch they would get much on the field from him this season.

I'm sure this is the the easy part but also funny he can just decide to quit high school and enroll in college. Is there another summer session of Southlake for him to knock out the rest of his requirements or does he just get to inform them that he'd like his high school diploma now please.

It’s unclear from the article if, by enrolling early, if he’d actually be on the team and starting the clock on his eligibility. Either way, it’s a double edge sword for OSU. On one hand, he’d be locked up. On the other hand, you lose a year of maturity and additional game experience. 

Edited by TonyTexas

16 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Man NIL is messed up... the top deal getters haven't even played a game yet. Now we'll get a kid who is technically not even on the football team yet getting a 7 figure deal without having played a game yet.

It may end up a little like MLS where the top guys get $5M per year but the league minimum is $36K - There is going to be a huge delta between the Ewers and the Guilbeaus.

The differing opinions on Ewers possibly doing this in contrast to Blue is comical. Unconscious bias at work in this thread. Both are/were considering forgoing their senior season essentially quitting on their team. One claims to be doing it for money he likely doesn't even need, and the other claims to be doing it to preserve his body. I'm not going to pick and choose on if either is a valid excuse and I view both situations the same.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

The differing opinions on Ewers possibly doing this in contrast to Blue is comical. Unconscious bias at work in this thread. Both are/were considering forgoing their senior season essentially quitting on their team. One claims to be doing it for money he likely doesn't even need, and the other claims to be doing it to preserve his body. I'm not going to pick and choose on if either is a valid excuse and I view both situations the same.

Everybody needs a million bucks.  Jeff fucking Bezos needs (another) million bucks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Man NIL is messed up... the top deal getters haven't even played a game yet. Now we'll get a kid who is technically not even on the football team yet getting a 7 figure deal without having played a game yet.

It’s only messed up because our AD and donors aren’t doing the same thing thinking kids will just magically fall in love with our brand and getting on cameo for $50 a message. Fucking clown show of the highest order.

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust