Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

Fuck him.  He's a douche and will regret his decision.  He should stay up in Ohio and shack up with a Columbus 8 which looks like an Austin 3.  But at least he will have his NIL $$$ to buy more hair dye.  This kid has ego and bust written all over himself.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Fuck him.  He's a douche and will regret his decision.  He should stay up in Ohio and shack up with a Columbus 8 which looks like an Austin 3.  But at least he will have his NIL $$$ to buy more hair dye.  This kid has ego and bust written all over himself.  

I don't know what your problem is, but this is a really bad take and an even worse look for yourself. 

Quinn Ewers is very good, we would be stoked to have him enroll early at Texas. I think it's going to be fun to see what he turns out to be, hell he may even transfer here one day.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Ohio State is a huge school. There will be more than enough top-notch trim around if he's interested.

• Like 1

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- BUST
46 minutes ago, immamac said:

I don't know what your problem is, but this is a really bad take and an even worse look for yourself. 

Quinn Ewers is very good, we would be stoked to have him enroll early at Texas. I think it's going to be fun to see what he turns out to be, hell he may even transfer here one day.

It's a bad take for a kid to quit on his team?  Its a bad take for a kid to pass up an opportunity to win a 6A football championship to get some NIL $$ and sit the bench in Columbus for 3 years?. The problem is these kids want a quick fix and don't put in the work.  He had his chance to come here and didn't want to.  He had a chance to be the face for the flagship university in his home state.  He didn't want to.  He wanted to go to a team that is there.  He didn't want to be part of the process.  He wanted to easy path. 

So if your old lady fucked a bartender on a cruise, would you accept her apology and take her back on the same ship 3 years later? 

I stand by my earlier post. Fuck him

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

It's a bad take for a kid to quit on his team?  Its a bad take for a kid to pass up an opportunity to win a 6A football championship to get some NIL $$ and sit the bench in Columbus for 3 years?. The problem is these kids want a quick fix and don't put in the work.  He had his chance to come here and didn't want to.  He had a chance to be the face for the flagship university in his home state.  He didn't want to.  He wanted to go to a team that is there.  He didn't want to be part of the process.  He wanted to easy path. 

So if your old lady fucked a bartender on a cruise, would you accept her apology and take her back on the same ship 3 years later? 

Dude he's going to Ohio State not Baylor. Stop embarrassing yourself. 

21 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Is the same bartender still there? Is UT the ship in this analogy? I’ve got more questions than answers man. First off he committed to his childhood team, who unfortunately, had a meat head with a meat head staff. They shit the bed and had a pedestrian offense. Now we are on our 3rd coach and staff in 8 years. Furthermore, starting at Ohio state is not the easy path man, that’s regarded. It’s going to be a fucking dog fight the entire time he’s there to stay one step ahead of the 5*’s they recruit behind him lol. I get that you’re angry though man, I’m with you on that. 

15 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Is the same bartender still there? Is UT the ship in this analogy? I’ve got more questions than answers man. First off he committed to his childhood team, who unfortunately, had a meat head with a meat head staff. They shit the bed and had a pedestrian offense. Now we are on our 3rd coach and staff in 8 years. Furthermore, starting at Ohio state is not the easy path man, that’s regarded. It’s going to be a fucking dog fight the entire time he’s there to stay one step ahead of the 5*’s they recruit behind him lol. I get that you’re angry though man, I’m with you on that. 

I am not angry at all.  I think he's a head case. Never saw this with Vince or Colt ,they wanted to be the one. They wanted to be the face. They wanted to work and win for Texas.  He doesn't want to be that person. So I stand by my opinion and my take. 

• Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, immamac said:

Dude he's going to Ohio State not Baylor. Stop embarrassing yourself. 

You are lost on this and completely missed the point. We can have a difference of opinion. I disagree with you, you won't change my opinion by trying to talk down to me. Try that shit on someone else.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, Harvdog said:

9 hours ago, Harvdog said:

I am not angry at all.  I think he's a head case. Never saw this with Vince or Colt ,they wanted to be the one. They wanted to be the face. They wanted to work and win for Texas.  He doesn't want to be that person. So I stand by my opinion and my take. 

9 hours ago, Harvdog said:

You are lost on this and completely missed the point. We can have a difference of opinion. I disagree with you, you won't change my opinion by trying to talk down to me. Try that shit on someone else.  

Quinn stuffed your son in a trash can, didn’t he? 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, immamac said:

You should post this exact same response every single time somebody says "Fuck the Brocks", since the sentiment is exactly the same.

Unless, of course, you think there's any difference whatsoever and it doesn't reflect poorly on anyone who posts that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Harvdog said:

You are on a message board talking shit about a 17 year old!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I hope the guy falls on his face like most of you. He probably won’t and that’s fine also but I can still be spiteful when it comes to college football and does t really impact a damn thing.

That said one angle that had to also be on his mind. He was hurt last year in the game against Keller and ended up missing a number of starts even early into the playoffs. Not a long term thing mind you but once you get dinged enough that you miss pretty decent stretch of season you probably would like to avoid something more significant on the precipice of more money.

This is an unintended consequence of NIL. HS Srs with significant money on the line will begin to take the same steps college Srs or other high draft eligible players have been taking with regard to bowls and in some recent cases seasons.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I hope the guy falls on his face like most of you. He probably won’t and that’s fine also but I can still be spiteful when it comes to college football and does t really impact a damn thing.

That said one angle that had to also be on his mind. He was hurt last year in the game against Keller and ended up missing a number of starts even early into the playoffs. Not a long term thing mind you but once you get dinged enough that you miss pretty decent stretch of season you probably would like to avoid something more significant on the precipice of more money.

This is an unintended consequence of NIL. HS Srs with significant money on the line will begin to take the same steps college Srs or other high draft eligible players have been taking with regard to bowls and in some recent cases seasons.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

You are on a message board talking shit about a 17 year old!
A few months ago you would have a point, but as of the supreme court ruling...we're basically talking about professionals who have the potential to make high 6 figures per year straight out of high school, amatuerism is a notion for a byegone era. The fact they're years away from legally buying a beer does cause a little mental conundrum, (especially if we talk the same way about players making little or nothing from NIL) but I think a kid like Ewers can use a wad of bejamins to dry his tears if he feels hurt from people saying mean things on the internet.

(Disclaimer: this doesnt mean I approve of the Ewers bashing, just sayin)

NIL sucks and it’s going to ruin college football. Now it looks like it’s going to ruin high school football too. The kid should be enjoying his senior year and going to the prom.

The twelve team playoff isn’t going to help things either. And it will expand to sixteen teams soon enough.

I’ve never watched any of Ewers’ film because I don’t care that much about recruiting. I like to follow it casually and I like it whenever my school gets a commitment from a top rated recruit. But until they actually produce at the college level then they haven’t done shit. Ewers better be really, really good or I’d predict he’ll never be a starter in Columbus. This looks like someone who doesn’t have his priorities straight. And probably a coaching staff who doesn’t want to discourage him out of fear of losing him. 

10 hours ago, Harvdog said:

You think Ewers is a head case but stuck up for Tunmise rather vehemently....maybe you need a good long vacation man. Reset and try again. Just a fun game here for a second, what was Texas doing in football when both Vince and Colt committed to us? There's only one answer bro and its significant. Winning....a fuck ton. The 3 years before Vince committed, Texas at some point in those seasons was ranked 6th, 5th, and 3rd in the country. When Colt committed we had just beat Michigan in one of the most impressive dual threat displays by a QB....ever. These situations are so damn different it's laughable. If ewers flipped right now back to Texas and enrolled I'd have to leave my office because my dick would be so hard I wouldn't be able to attend any meetings. 

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

You think Ewers is a head case but stuck up for Tunmise rather vehemently....maybe you need a good long vacation man. Reset and try again. Just a fun game here for a second, what was Texas doing in football when both Vince and Colt committed to us? There's only one answer bro and its significant. Winning....a fuck ton. The 3 years before Vince committed, Texas at some point in those seasons was ranked 6th, 5th, and 3rd in the country. When Colt committed we had just beat Michigan in one of the most impressive dual threat displays by a QB....ever. These situations are so damn different it's laughable. If ewers flipped right now back to Texas and enrolled I'd have to leave my office because my dick would be so hard I wouldn't be able to attend any meetings. 

Hmmm...sicnce you and a couple of others seem sooooooo stuck on Tunmise, maybe you should go back and read where I addressed this  and said he turned into an asshole.  I said I was wrong and was shocked at how he behaved.  I guess you and the others missed that since it always is brought up.  

Ewers is a good HS QB.  He's also 17 and jumping in with grown ass men.  He won't see the field for 3 year at least and that's if he doesn't transfer.  He could be Pat Mahomes or he could be Tate Martell. We have a commit who is solid in MM and are going after the #1 player for 2023.  When Sark wins, it won't matter as kids will be lining up.  My point is some kids want to be that leader and others want to follow....QE is a follower, not a leader. 

If getting a HS recruit gets your dick hard, you have problems in your life.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

NIL sucks and it’s going to ruin college football. Now it looks like it’s going to ruin high school football too. The kid should be enjoying his senior year and going to the prom.

The twelve team playoff isn’t going to help things either. And it will expand to sixteen teams soon enough.

I’ve never watched any of Ewers’ film because I don’t care that much about recruiting. I like to follow it casually and I like it whenever my school gets a commitment from a top rated recruit. But until they actually produce at the college level then they haven’t done shit. Ewers better be really, really good or I’d predict he’ll never be a starter in Columbus. This looks like someone who doesn’t have his priorities straight. And probably a coaching staff who doesn’t want to discourage him out of fear of losing him. 

He's really, really good. Trevor Lawrence level "you just can't screw this up" kind of prospect. That said, Stroud should start next year and Ewers will jump to the NFL the moment he's eligible, so enjoy those two years you get to watch him.

6 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Hmmm...sicnce you and a couple of others seem sooooooo stuck on Tunmise, maybe you should go back and read where I addressed this  and said he turned into an asshole.  I said I was wrong and was shocked at how he behaved.  I guess you and the others missed that since it always is brought up.  

Ewers is a good HS QB.  He's also 17 and jumping in with grown ass men.  He won't see the field for 3 year at least and that's if he doesn't transfer.  He could be Pat Mahomes or he could be Tate Martell. We have a commit who is solid in MM and are going after the #1 player for 2023.  When Sark wins, it won't matter as kids will be lining up.  My point is some kids want to be that leader and others want to follow....QE is a follower, not a leader. 

If getting a HS recruit gets your dick hard, you have problems in your life.

Oh Come On Jim Carrey GIF

There's so much garbage in your post I can't even begin to reply lulz. The dick hard thing was for the University of Texas man, to beat nick saban and dabo one day we need kids like ewers. It wasn't literal lol. 

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Oh Come On Jim Carrey GIF

There's so much garbage in your post I can't even begin to reply lulz. The dick hard thing was for the University of Texas man, to beat nick saban and dabo one day we need kids like ewers. It wasn't literal lol. 

Sure. You can't reply because I am right.  But thanks for playing....maybe you should change your name to “MyDickisHardfora17yearoldRecruit”  spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Since a couple of people have mentioned his age in passing, it’s worth noting that Ewers actually turned 18 back in March. He must have been held back at some point. He *should* be heading to college now by normal standards.

Comparing that to Murphy, who just recently turned 17, is interesting in terms of upside.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He's really, really good. Trevor Lawrence level "you just can't screw this up" kind of prospect. That said, Stroud should start next year and Ewers will jump to the NFL the moment he's eligible, so enjoy those two years you get to watch him.

I’m certain Stroud will start. I just hope Ewers is as good as advertised and will have the patience to wait and develop and learn the system until he’s ready. I’ve learned from a lifetime of experience to never make assumptions about unproven rookies. I don’t count chickens before they’re hatched. He’s coming in as 4th on the roster. He should redshirt his first year. Does he have the patience for that? Or will he transfer next year if he thinks he has a shot at starting for some other school and making more money through NIL? We’ll just have to wait and see. Maybe Nike will decide. 

3 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Sure. You can't reply because I am right.  But thanks for playing....maybe you should change your name to “MyDickisHardfora17yearoldRecruit”  spacer.png

You really believe he won't play for 3 years? That a generational talent who is about as close to can't miss as humanely possible is going to flame out because you think he is a follower. This dude is competitive enough to see the talent ohio state has at QB then forgo his senior year to get there quicker because he's a head case pussy who can't lead. Are you high? Also as it was pointed out he's 18 so I guess since we are being literal it should be "mydickishardfora18yearoldrecruit". I'll change my name when you change yours to "IwasegregiouslywrongaboutTunmise". Then we can be friends again. 

6 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Should the majority of NIL money to under 21 kids be placed in a trust until they turn 21? Even that isn't perfect but turning some 17-18 yr old loose with a million in hand is bound to be disastrous more times than not. These are kids afterall

18 years old, bunch of cash, redshirting/no real responsibilities. what could possibly go wrong?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

You really believe he won't play for 3 years? That a generational talent who is about as close to can't miss as humanely possible is going to flame out because you think he is a follower. This dude is competitive enough to see the talent ohio state has at QB then forgo his senior year to get there quicker because he's a head case pussy who can't lead. Are you high? Also as it was pointed out he's 18 so I guess since we are being literal it should be "mydickishardfora18yearoldrecruit". I'll change my name when you change yours to "IwasegregiouslywrongaboutTunmise". Then we can be friends again. 

You think he will be starting immediately? You think he shows up and is better than the other 5 stars?  He won't play for at least 3 years. His ego will take a pounding and he will transfer. 

• Fuck You 2

29 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I cannot wait for the first teenager driving a Lambo up to practice before he's even played in a game. Insane.

especially when upper classmen have played 3 years without any nil compensation and have zero leverage. should create a fun locker room dynamic. 

41 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

You think he will be starting immediately? You think he shows up and is better than the other 5 stars?  He won't play for at least 3 years. His ego will take a pounding and he will transfer. 

He's the highest rated recruit ohio state has ever had....ever....in their history. The other 4 qb's have never thrown a pass in a college game. LOL 

Edited by WinningIsHard
bad information

2 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

I had to look up his birthday, but did he get held back when he was younger or is this more of the new norm and I just never realized it? He would be turning 19 while still in HS if he stayed the whole year

I'm not sure. I just remembered reading somewhere that he was 18 already. 

12 hours ago, Hornlover said:

You should post this exact same response every single time somebody says "Fuck the Brocks", since the sentiment is exactly the same.

Unless, of course, you think there's any difference whatsoever and it doesn't reflect poorly on anyone who posts that. 

Bro, Fuck the Brocks.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust