Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

4 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

well he's hinting at another commitment on twitter right now.. Burton changed his profile pic to the pic of ewers deer head..  Yeah guess he's locked in with them for good..  wonder if it's a Texas kid that's announcing

Their whole class changed their pics to the deer.

Pretty sure Quin is gone.

I think the reason he flipped so quickly is when he committed to us and started reaching out to other players he got a lot more negative feedback about Tom than he was expecting. Don't think he figured he was going to bring a herd of 5 stars with him to Texas.  

Plus,  whatever Tom said that got back to his father sent him to tOSU pretty quickly.  

Pretty sure Quin is gone.
I think the reason he flipped so quickly is when he committed to us and started reaching out to other players he got a lot more negative feedback about Tom than he was expecting. Don't think he figured he was going to bring a herd of 5 stars with him to Texas.  
Plus,  whatever Tom said that got back to his father sent him to tOSU pretty quickly.  

Could certainly understand that if Tom was still here but he isn’t.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Could certainly understand that if Tom was still here but he isn’t.

Tom was here when he decommitted.

I think it's going to take at least a year to get the Tom Herman stank off of Texas.  

Hope he does come back,  but I don't think Sark is going to screw around and not take a '22 QB waiting for Quin.  

I'd imagine Day has done a good job of selling Ewers on having a sure thing ready for him to step into. They have a ton of ammo to use against us as a program. Ewers was impressed with our pitch to make him the focus of a massive NIL campaign. If Ohio State convinced him that they can do that just as well, but give him a much more likely chance at making the playoff and potentially winning a championship, then he may just be looking at it as a business decision where he stands to make more money with Ohio State. I don't know if thats true or not, but I'd bet thats a large part of where Sark needs to focus. 

3 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

I'd imagine Day has done a good job of selling Ewers on having a sure thing ready for him to step into. They have a ton of ammo to use against us as a program. Ewers was impressed with our pitch to make him the focus of a massive NIL campaign. If Ohio State convinced him that they can do that just as well, but give him a much more likely chance at making the playoff and potentially winning a championship, then he may just be looking at it as a business decision where he stands to make more money with Ohio State. I don't know if thats true or not, but I'd bet thats a large part of where Sark needs to focus. 

Yes, but Ohio is an armpit.  Sorry if I offended armpits

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Fuck all the noise. Kid is a lifelong Longhorn fan. He is from Texas. He lives in Texas. Texas now has a HC and QB coach that can develop him and put him in the NFL. There is a proven track record. We have Winfield, We have Blue. We are going to get Stewart, Thompson, and whoever else the fuck we want. If Ewers doesnt come to Texas with this staff, this class, and the way he fits in Sark's offense so much better, then he was never ever coming to Texas. It is the perfect situation for him. The staff knows it, Ohio Fuck off State knows it, Ewers parents know it. and yeah, Quinn knows it. Come home son. Texas forever.

Just ran through a wall tbh

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Fuck all the noise. Kid is a lifelong Longhorn fan. He is from Texas. He lives in Texas. Texas now has a HC and QB coach that can develop him and put him in the NFL. There is a proven track record. We have Winfield, We have Blue. We are going to get Stewart, Thompson, and whoever else the fuck we want. If Ewers doesnt come to Texas with this staff, this class, and the way he fits in Sark's offense so much better, then he was never ever coming to Texas. It is the perfect situation for him. The staff knows it, Ohio Fuck off State knows it, Ewers parents know it. and yeah, Quinn knows it. Come home son. Texas forever.

I think this is the first post you've made in a long time that didn't fellate a Lake Travis kid that legitimately has me impressed. 

Edited by maninblack
Lewis Carroll
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

Weren’t u saying that Garrett Wilson was a lock to UT?

• Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, futureman said:

$9.95 said recently he was a lock to UT and herman stuck his dick in our chances. 

10 hours ago, maninblack said:

Probably but that was his Lake Travis fanboi coming out. He's being remarkably dude here man.

Wilson was never coming to Texas. Herman didn’t help, but that kid was all tOSU. He spent his entire visit to campus talking to Stan Drayton about Ohio State. It was never going to happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Wilson was never coming to Texas. Herman didn’t help, but that kid was all tOSU. He spent his entire visit to campus talking to Stan Drayton about Ohio State. It was never going to happen. 

Yeah that’s not true. I know one of his family members. If we offered earlier he would’ve come here.

3 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

There’s guys.  We got some guys.  We can get other guys.  

Take a look at who’ll be around when Ewers (presumably) takes over as a Sophomore. We can hope that Flood can transform our 3 stars into 4 stars, or we can hope he gets plenty of transfers. I’m choosing to be optimistic of that because if he doesn’t, Ewers would have some Freshmen (RS or true) lining up in front of him.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
Past/present/future tense

Just now, Fletch said:

Yeah that’s not true. I know one of his family members. If we offered earlier he would’ve come here.

It’s absolutely true. His family member might’ve told you that to take a dig at us, but when the kid is on his Texas visit openly saying, “Oh, this is coach Drayton. You’re the guy Urban kept telling me about!” and then he spends the whole visit talking to Drayton about Ohio State and Ohio, the writing is on the wall. That’s how the entire visit went. Drayton tried to redirect the conversation and Wilson kept bringing it back to OSU. It was never happening. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Quinn just needs to make an old school pros/cons list here:

Reasons to choose OSU:

Pride (not wanting to flip again)

Closer to a championship right now (although Day still hasn't won one)

Maybe relationships with coaches (which can change)

Reasons to choose UT:

Sark's track record of developing QBs and preparing them for NFL is unmatched (maybe Riley) and lightyears ahead of Day's (has put jackshit in the NFL)

Sark is the hottest offensive guy in CFB. Just look at what he did to OSU in the NCG. Quinn and co could be unstoppable. OSU's offense was streaky all year even with an elite QB.

Better scheme fit for his skillset

Closer to home - friends and family can come watch easier

Childhood team where he can leave a lasting legacy by bringing them back to the top

Play with a bunch of his in-state boys

NIL campaign

Academics

Austin vs. Columbus

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Mikey4 said:
8 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:
It might’ve helped if we had signed a few more stud OL prospects the last 2 years. Ewers needs upperclassmen as protectors, not guys who entered with (or after) him. 

Fuck the Brocks

Every time i see this printed, I accidentally misread it as "Brats", which then festers two emotions inside me: rage that anyone would badmouth brats, and a hunger urge to fix brats. Thanks a lot Obama.

6 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Reasons to choose OSU:

Reasons to choose UT:

Sark's track record of developing QBs and preparing them for NFL is unmatched (maybe Riley) and lightyears ahead of Day's (has put jackshit in the NFL)

Sark is the hottest offensive guy in CFB. Just look at what he did to OSU in the NCG. Quinn and co could be unstoppable. OSU's offense was streaky all year even with an elite QB.

Childhood team where he can leave a lasting legacy by bringing them back to the top

NIL campaign

Academics

Austin vs. Columbus

Well, that's definitely an exhaustive, objective, and measured analysis of each program's respective strengths and weaknesses. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Reasons to choose OSU:

Reasons to choose UT:

NIL campaign

Academics

Austin vs. Columbus

Image result for pulp fiction big brain on brad gif

50 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

It’s absolutely true. His family member might’ve told you that to take a dig at us, but when the kid is on his Texas visit openly saying, “Oh, this is coach Drayton. You’re the guy Urban kept telling me about!” and then he spends the whole visit talking to Drayton about Ohio State and Ohio, the writing is on the wall. That’s how the entire visit went. Drayton tried to redirect the conversation and Wilson kept bringing it back to OSU. It was never happening. 

I’m assuming you’re stan drayton then?  or just full of shit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Reasons to choose OSU:

Reasons to choose UT:

NIL campaign

Academics

Austin vs. Columbus

Add his life after-football. Odds are his life will be in one of three places:

1) The city/state of his NFL team

2) Texas, likely Austin

3) Ohio

14 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Add his life after-football. Odds are his life will be in one of three places:

1) The city/state of his NFL team

2) Texas, likely Austin

3) Ohio

If he gets drafted in the first round, which I think he believes he will, he can afford multiple homes in different cities of his liking. 

I think the decision will come down to his family. Don't know exactly what went down between them and the previous coaching staff and whether CDC was involved. If the relationship between them and the Texas athletic department was somehow ruptured, it will be a harder flip.

Also, sometimes kids like to brag about going to a nationally respected school over a local school. I hope that's not the case here. Caleb appears to be this case and he might have already brainwashed Ewers into thinking like that. It's like, "Hey, Texas has been a joke forever. We are going to a school that everyone respects because they are in the playoff year in and year out."

2 hours ago, futureman said:

I’m assuming you’re stan drayton then?  or just full of shit. 

I am not Stan Drayton. For me to know this information, though, I’d have to either 1) be Stan Drayton (again, I’m not); 2) have been there in person; or 3) have heard the story directly from Stan Drayton. I can assure you I fall in one of those categories. 

You telling someone he’s full of shit... Oh, the irony. 

Edited by Chili dog
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

I am not Stan Drayton. For me to know this information, though, I’d have to either 1) be Stan Drayton (again, I’m not); 2) have been there in person; or 3) have heard the story directly from Stan Drayton. I can assure you I fall in one of those categories. 

You telling someone he’s full of shit... Oh, the irony. 

so you’re full of shit. got it 👌 

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust