Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

8 hours ago, Thiefery said:

Here was Ewers’ explanation on why the top talent is fleeing the state:

Probably because a Texas team hasn’t been in the running for a national championship in a little while. And I don’t know about other guys, but like me I just, I just want to compete at the highest, highest level. Obviously, one day they will get back there and it’ll be great. But right now, it’s just, I’m just tired seeing that happen.

Pretty much every poster on Surly's thoughts as well.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Pretty much every poster on Surly's thoughts as well.

I had the same thoughts. If anything it shows he's a fan just like us but was making a business decision. It makes it seem like us going to the SEC could play a big role too.

12 hours ago, Hornbeliever said:

That's my point.  For 10k, I almost did something I didn't want to do.  For a million (in theory)?  Hello piece of shit Ohio

Not sure how old you are but with the col difference you’re much better off in Texas even if you’re making 10k less.  If you’re 103 and you’re talking about the 1920s then I stand corrected.  All things equal 100k in Texas goes further than 110k in nyc or la

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Arch would be a freshman while Ewers is a Jr, if this were to play out.  Any where Arch goes, he’s probably sitting his first year and learning.  

He could also spend time focusing on the brand with the family and starring in commercials. Then spend the next 3-4 years leading the team. 

18 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

From my perspective all it proves is that our opponents are capable of taking an unverified and as of yet unfulfilled rumor and using it against us.

This is not fun for me so I will choose to believe we are getting Ewers, who will start next year and until his RS-Junior year. Then Arch will start as a RS-Soph and RS-Junior. Both will have 1 Heisman each (minimum) and 3 national championships combined. At that point we will have raised and developed a clone of Vince Young that we grew in a Tleilaxu axolotl tank underneath Bellmont in a no chamber who, due to a combination of genetic mutation and telepathy, maintains perpetual eligibility.

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

You think that matters as it pertains to Ewers? Quinn is now 3rd string behind 2 freshmen instead of 4th string behind checks notes 3 freshmen.

Stroud is a redshirt freshman, but this would be his third year out of high school. McCord is who is actually blocking him.

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, The Beast said:

Wait, you think Ewers is a Jag? I have seen some really stupid shit on here but this takes the cake. 

They’re all JAGs until they can get on the field and do something.  He hasn’t just like Arch Manning hasn’t.  

Sure get them on campus and see but there’s a billion reasons someone doesn’t produce.  Mental issues, scheme mismatch, trouble with the law, chicks, dudes, drugs, whatever. 

My point is he could’ve been the chosen one staying in state and building a class of dogs and getting some leeway.  But he left.  Now he’s 4th string and not seeing the field.  Which is fine.  He’s a freshman on a team with studs for years in front of him.  Great prove that your the best qb there and you would’ve done something.  Every NFL roster has extremely talented dudes. So if you can’t start at Ohio’s state you ain’t starting for the anyone in the NFL.

In summary I don’t expect him to be some savior to Texas’s woes.  I’ll eat my crow if it comes to pass that he is the second coming 

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

I like his show on SXM. I’d sit around a campfire over beers to listen to some stories.

Key word being “listen”; because you wouldn’t get a word in edgewise.  Childers has to interrupt him every time to make his point.

2 hours ago, Dr.Dre said:

They’re all JAGs until they can get on the field and do something.  He hasn’t just like Arch Manning hasn’t.  

Sure get them on campus and see but there’s a billion reasons someone doesn’t produce.  Mental issues, scheme mismatch, trouble with the law, chicks, dudes, drugs, whatever. 

My point is he could’ve been the chosen one staying in state and building a class of dogs and getting some leeway.  But he left.  Now he’s 4th string and not seeing the field.  Which is fine.  He’s a freshman on a team with studs for years in front of him.  Great prove that your the best qb there and you would’ve done something.  Every NFL roster has extremely talented dudes. So if you can’t start at Ohio’s state you ain’t starting for the anyone in the NFL.

In summary I don’t expect him to be some savior to Texas’s woes.  I’ll eat my crow if it comes to pass that he is the second coming 

Jesus dude, just stop.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

You think that matters as it pertains to Ewers? Quinn is now 3rd string behind 2 freshmen instead of 4th string behind checks notes 3 freshmen.

Yeah he’s a rolled ankle and a pick 6 away from playing time now. He wasn’t even on the depth chart before today. That’s not our  pets heads are falling off but it could be in a blink of an eye. 

• Fuck You 1

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust