Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

2 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

So what must Nahlin and Vogel have heard to be putting out such confident statements despite Ewers having an in-home with Tech today? Maybe it's just PTSD but I have a hard time trusting the $9.95ers on this one. But I want to belieeveee 

My guess is they heard QE is visiting Austin soon, perhaps with some other ‘croots. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

My freshman year at Texas, I used credit cards and scholarship money to start a business with my roommate where people could call us and we’d go pick up their food order at any restaurant. He quit two months into the second semester because we were overwhelmed with phone calls and my Geo Spectrum kept breaking down on deliveries. Takeout Taxi eventually made millions with the same concept and better management. Then came DoorDash and GrubHub.

Anyway, I was dead ass broke the final month of that year and had like $60 left on my Discover card. I figured out that I could walk to the Taco Cabana near our rented house, get tortillas, rice and beans for $3 and then I could crush their salsa bar for free. Made it out of that semester because I did that for like 15 straight days through finals. My roommate couldn’t wing tests and never made it back to Texas after that spring. 

God how I miss Taco Cabana. It’s the little things in life that one misses the most.

Edited by FloridaHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

I can't believe the parochialism of this place sometimes. Chicken fried steak has white gravy; country fried steak has brown gravy. And for some reason, about half the time country fried steak is an unacceptably soggy mess.

When I lived in Texas, I would hardly ever go to Texas Roadhouse. Now, it's a regular monthly event, because it's the only place in the Triangle to get an honest to God chicken fried steak.

• Like 1

So what must Nahlin and Vogel have heard to be putting out such confident statements despite Ewers having an in-home with Tech today? Maybe it's just PTSD but I have a hard time trusting the $9.95ers on this one. But I want to belieeveee 

This smells like a desperation move because they know they’re fucked.

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

$2.99! That’s how you ate on a college student budget in the 80’s. That and a Mr. Gatti’s pizza buffet. 

$2.99 for a meal in college?  Nice humblebrag.  I used to go to the Red Lion Hotel for their free buffet if you ordered a cheap beer.  Carved ham and whatnot for free was pretty good.  Did that for like an entire summer in Austin.  

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I can't believe the parochialism of this place sometimes. Chicken fried steak has white gravy; country fried steak has brown gravy. And for some reason, about half the time country fried steak is an unacceptably soggy mess.

When I lived in Texas, I would hardly ever go to Texas Roadhouse. Now, it's a regular monthly event, because it's the only place in the Triangle to get an honest to God chicken fried steak.

This is best read in the voice of my avatar. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Damn you for posting that pic! Had a heart attack 3 weeks ago and this is off my menu things to eat list. That looks like one hell of a breakfast.

Glad you're ok, but I think we can see why you had a heart attack...

Edited by CBHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Damn you for posting that pic! Had a heart attack 3 weeks ago and this is off my menu things to eat list. That looks like one hell of a breakfast.

I guess we know why you had a heart attack....In all seriousness, get well soon and stay off this board for a few days, for your health.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

My freshman year at Texas, I used credit cards and scholarship money to start a business with my roommate where people could call us and we’d go pick up their food order at any restaurant. He quit two months into the second semester because we were overwhelmed with phone calls and my Geo Spectrum kept breaking down on deliveries. Takeout Taxi eventually made millions with the same concept and better management. Then came DoorDash and GrubHub.

Anyway, I was dead ass broke the final month of that year and had like $60 left on my Discover card. I figured out that I could walk to the Taco Cabana near our rented house, get tortillas, rice and beans for $3 and then I could crush their salsa bar for free. Made it out of that semester because I did that for like 15 straight days through finals. My roommate couldn’t wing tests and never made it back to Texas after that spring. 

Arby's 5 roast beef sandwiches for 5$. 3 packets each horsey sauce and Arby's sauce for vitamin C and riboflavin. Great dinner and breakfast.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Big_kat said:

I cannot believe with all this chicken fried steak talk no one has brought up Mary's Cafe in Strawn.

Not pictured is the full bowl of honest to goodness bacon fat white gravy.

large-chicken-fried-steak.jpeg

Yes, I am a fat.

That salad offsets everything else in the photo. No worries. You're all good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Big_kat said:

I cannot believe with all this chicken fried steak talk no one has brought up Mary's Cafe in Strawn.

Yes, I am a fat.

Ha.  I saw the chicken fried steak talk and made a mental note to mention Mary's when I got to the office.  You beat me to it.

Definitely on the "must see" list for those who haven't been there (there is a smaller size if your are into that).

5 minutes ago, Big_kat said:

Henry’s in San Angelo has a fine CFS with yellow gravy. I highly recommend it.

16 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

The Grandy’s nearest to Lubbock (in Hobbs, NM) is >20 miles closer than the Grandy’s nearest to Austin (in Victoria, TX).

Doomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But it's only 80 miles to Good Time Charlie's here in SA

1200x0-1.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust