Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

11 minutes ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

Fucking covid killed the last Shoney's in SA late last year.

That was my old skool spot.

I just moved from Richmond VA back to Texas this year.. and during the covid restrictions up there.. the Shoney's in my area seemed to be doing terrific.  It was always packed with workers bringing out food to vehicles.. the inside was open for seating, but was limited due to social distancing.

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I appreciate the earnestness of this post and the logic is sound. Here’s the problem - ATM doesn’t give one shit about the dead period. If you think they’re raised $1+million in bag money this cycle to watch key recruits slip through their fingers because of some rule that says they can’t do outreach for a given day, well, you’re out of your fucking mind. 

Fisher was hosting players and families on his ranch during the dead period of corona with impunity. At least Arizona State got reported for similar behavior, even if the NCAA did nothing about it. ATM was doing it loudly in the recruiting world and … nothing. These guys are desperate to be relevant and they think the time is now before Texas and OU can leverage the SEC and while LSU is in disarray. There is no dead period for ATM.  

Think about all of the chest beating ATM does regarding money for football. The loudmouths scream from the rooftops about how rich they are (they aren’t ) yet I bet if you look at their finances, they spend less on compliance as a percentage of their revenue than any other P5 program. Texas and OU have the opposite problem with compliance. The staffs have been literally tailed by compliance hacks when they leave campus. Meanwhile ATM probably has an intern heading up all compliance-related concerns. 

Yep,  I know one A&M player/recruit who has a very nice Infinity courtesy of the Maroon and white.  

18 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

It would be nice to even just see their hand get slapped which would “start the conversation” like Ketchum says. 

This absolutely needs to happen.  I don't know why Bianco or someone on the staff doesn't call that fat fuck and threaten credentials if he doesn't start considering impact on the program before he posts this shit.

29 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I am a member.  About to cancel.  Really should have a decade or more ago, but just too lazy because it's a PITA.  

FYI I just changed the expiration date on my card and I’ve had free access for over a year. I didn’t realize how much damage they were doing when I cancelled, I had just been banned for the 20th time for not being able to control my language when I responded to Ketchum’s retarded musings. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I knew the minute I heard about the visit that fucking Ketchum and his band of speds were going to eventually get wind and then immediately put it out there, with no consideration for whether or not that’s productive. They didn’t get this from anyone related to the effort on the UT end or Ewers end. They usually weasel this kind of thing from another recruit who is on a text string or something. Just fucking trash. 

Don’t think it matters? Well, now everyone knows an exact timeline. So if you wanted to intervene with a final pitch or offer addition, you’d know when to do it. It also dissolved trust between the two parties if the recruit doesn’t fess up. The Ewers end will think Texas is talking and vice versa when neither wants the courting process covered this time. In the last two days, Ketchum and his cronies have established a baseline for the offer to beat, when the big pitch is being made, and when the final decision is coming. 

Ketch is the parasite activity trying to kill the host.  Time to remove that fat bloated tapeworm.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

God how I miss Taco Cabana. It’s the little things in life that one misses the most.

2 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

my buddy buddy and I used to go there to every Sunday morning for Barbacoa and tortillas. That, my friends, is the best hangover medicine.

If by Sunday morning you meant 2am, I did that many many times. Me and my friends were usually stumble drunk and there was always some crazy shit going on in there. And the tacos were much better than the 6th street vendor bullshit (although I ate plenty of those too).

First off, fuck OB, Ketch and that entire crew of low life hot wing swilling gravy chuggers. 

Secondly... If I were Ewers, the SMART thing to do would be to commit prior to Saturday and then show up and recruit all day for guys that "were surprise visits". I still get the sense that he could commit earlier.  

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

After this thread every time Ewers throws a touchdown all I will be able to think is "That's chicken fried steak right there."

Damn, all this CFS talk on this thread has me fucked up to the nth degree. Three years ago, I decided to get healthy.  I've lost over 100 lbs.  Am pretty close to my playing weight and feel great.  BUT, now i want to drive all the way to Zapata Texas for the best Chicken Fried Steak on the planet:  The Paraiso special at El Paraiso.

A 20 oz CFS covered in gravy and cheddar cheese, coupled with two enchiladas (one cheese and one beef), french fries, refried beans, rice, guacolmole, AND a crispy beef taco.  4000 Calories of bliss and arterial clogging.

If you've never been/had one, make an excuse and head down to Zapata.  It's sooooo worth it.

• Hook 'Em 7

42 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I knew the minute I heard about the visit that fucking Ketchum and his band of speds were going to eventually get wind and then immediately put it out there, with no consideration for whether or not that’s productive. They didn’t get this from anyone related to the effort on the UT end or Ewers end. They usually weasel this kind of thing from another recruit who is on a text string or something. Just fucking trash. 

Don’t think it matters? Well, now everyone knows an exact timeline. So if you wanted to intervene with a final pitch or offer addition, you’d know when to do it. It also dissolved trust between the two parties if the recruit doesn’t fess up. The Ewers end will think Texas is talking and vice versa when neither wants the courting process covered this time. In the last two days, Ketchum and his cronies have established a baseline for the offer to beat, when the big pitch is being made, and when the final decision is coming. 

I agree with everything you said.  

However, I would think the the Texas side and the Ewers side know how this info gets out and that it will get out.  

If the Ewers side thought it could be kept secret,  the Texas people should have explained,  like you did,  well maybe not exactly like you did, how things like that get out.  

Point being that the Ewers people should not be "surprised" that that kind of info gets out.   Pretty much impossible for it not to. 

43 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I am a member.  About to cancel.  Really should have a decade or more ago, but just too lazy because it's a PITA.  

Absolutely tell that POS why you are cancelling on your way out.   Maybe if he starts losing $$ he might reconsider constantly fucking the program over.

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

First off, fuck OB, Ketch and that entire crew of low life hot wing swilling gravy chuggers. 

Secondly... If I were Ewers, the SMART thing to do would be to commit prior to Saturday and then show up and recruit all day for guys that "were surprise visits". I still get the sense that he could commit earlier.  

That maybe happening. It is very possible he is working on a chosen few recruits that he trusts and they are all meeting in Austin. I dont know shit, but it seems like that coaches and Quinn wants to keep everything under the radar. I am guessing there is a reason for it. That isnt going to stop Ketch or even this thread from hitting 150 by Saturday. 

5 minutes ago, Soccer Dudes Dad said:

Damn, all this CFS talk on this thread has me fucked up to the nth degree. Three years ago, I decided to get healthy.  I've lost over 100 lbs.  Am pretty close to my playing weight and feel great.  BUT, now i want to drive all the way to Zapata Texas for the best Chicken Fried Steak on the planet:  The Paraiso special at El Paraiso.

A 20 oz CFS covered in gravy and cheddar cheese, coupled with two enchiladas (one cheese and one beef), french fries, refried beans, rice, guacolmole, AND a crispy beef taco.  4000 Calories of bliss and arterial clogging.

If you've never been/had one, make an excuse and head down to Zapata.  It's sooooo worth it.

Sounds like you’ve earned a cheat day, my friend! Congratulations on the result of the hard work and sacrifice. 

Oh, shit, this is Surly… fuck off, you fat piece of shit! 

• Haha 3

Just now, closetojumping said:

Specifically, what inducement, in addition to everything else, is ATM putting together right now to get Harris and Stewart back to College Station this weekend now that they know with certainty that there's going to be a big to-do in Austin with their boy Ewers joining in? 

I posted in the recruiting thread, but Harris has a playoff game in Round Rock Saturday @ 3.  Maybe him and Ross swing by after or stay in the area that night.

• Hook 'Em 2

Orangebloods is embarrassing. Just like the Joshua Moore story that shouldn't have seen the time the day and caused more harm, every pay site has known since Monday that this visit was happening this weekend. Neither side wanted the visit getting out because they don't want guys like Anwar stalking people through binoculars on the top story of the parking garage next to the football complex.

Just an absolute embarrassment of a site.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

WTF?  Your are better than this.  

13 minutes ago, Soccer Dudes Dad said:

Jesus.  I'd hate myself for a year if I ate that.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Don't we have some goons at our disposal to go find that 4-sandwich-eating fat fuck and send a message?

• Hook 'Em 1

Nahlin:

Ohio State transfer quarterback Quinn Ewers (Southlake Carroll, TX) is expected to visit Texas on Saturday. This will be his second face-to-face meeting with Steve Sarkisian since he entered the transfer portal last Friday.

Along with Ewers, Texas is trying to get its remaining targets to campus one last time before National Signing Day next Wednesday. IT will have more on that as the week unfolds. One other player who may visit is North Shore five-star cornerback Denver Harris. Harris has to work around a playoff game in Round Rock on Saturday.

A factor IT believes helped UT gain serious traction in this recruitment is the feedback Ewers has received from his original classmates. Though he reclassified to the 2021 class and spent a season in Columbus, next Wednesday was to be his original signing day. Since entering the portal, Ewers has mentioned he wants to help recruit players to the school of his choosing. Texas is certainly greater than Texas Tech in that regard.

The familiarity Ewers has with many in the class has allowed him to do homework on where guys are leaning. Throughout that reconnaissance, Texas has fared well.

Something to keep in mind, however, Texas A&M is making one final push to host common targets as well.

Texas is oh so close to establishing momentum down the final stretch, but a little work remains. If Ewers selects Texas, as IT expects, the visit Saturday is the potential stick of dynamite to loosen a recruiting avalanche.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Nahlin:

Ohio State transfer quarterback Quinn Ewers (Southlake Carroll, TX) is expected to visit Texas on Saturday. This will be his second face-to-face meeting with Steve Sarkisian since he entered the transfer portal last Friday.

Along with Ewers, Texas is trying to get its remaining targets to campus one last time before National Signing Day next Wednesday. IT will have more on that as the week unfolds. One other player who may visit is North Shore five-star cornerback Denver Harris. Harris has to work around a playoff game in Round Rock on Saturday.

A factor IT believes helped UT gain serious traction in this recruitment is the feedback Ewers has received from his original classmates. Though he reclassified to the 2021 class and spent a season in Columbus, next Wednesday was to be his original signing day. Since entering the portal, Ewers has mentioned he wants to help recruit players to the school of his choosing. Texas is certainly greater than Texas Tech in that regard.

The familiarity Ewers has with many in the class has allowed him to do homework on where guys are leaning. Throughout that reconnaissance, Texas has fared well.

Something to keep in mind, however, Texas A&M is making one final push to host common targets as well.

Texas is oh so close to establishing momentum down the final stretch, but a little work remains. If Ewers selects Texas, as IT expects, the visit Saturday is the potential stick of dynamite to loosen a recruiting avalanche.

If QE wants to get guys in the class then he needs to decide soon. QE coming to Austin as a committed prospect generates more buzz than him coming as a uncommitted one. 

16 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Liucci is such a salty bitch lol.

We've taken away their 2 advantages that differentiated them:

1. Only SEC team in Texas
  2. Paying for players out the ass

He knows they've been foiled in getting a title in his lifetime.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

If QE wants to get guys in the class then he needs to decide soon. QE coming to Austin as a committed prospect generates more buzz than him coming as a uncommitted one. 

What if he plans to move into his downtown loft this weekend? What if Quinn gets multiple other targets to visit this weekend and he assist us with closing them/flipping them while committing the same day and create a last minute hype.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

The guys that he wants to get in this class should know what he’s planning on doing unless he’s actually torn, which I don’t believe. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, utexas8 said:

So would he choose Texas before the visit? Or most likely after?

Quinn has been on campus, seen the facilities, is very versed on our program. Most were expecting he wouldn't even bother with a visit for those reasons. The fact that he is visiting, in light of the timing, suggests he's likely a silent at this point (IMO) and the real open question is when that gets announced  publicly. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust