Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Chicken fried steak is like carne asada - it makes cheaper cuts tender and delicious. Ribeye is already awesome, but it costs a lot.

I was being obtuse with my ribeye vs. CFS comment. Carne Asada is a way better comparison. My wife and I love grabbing a skirt steak and throwing it on the grill. It's cheap and easy.

I've just never been crazy about CFS. 

11 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I remember back in the day when separate threads would be started that were just actual updates on recruits with little to no commentary. Can we do that again so the few of us that have jobs don't have to wade through 200 posts of food takes?

Why you working during quinn watch?

16 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Yah that's the only deal, gotta get it ahead of time and marinate it, or I gotta go 30 minutes to the place to get it already marinated, which I don't like doing. Normally just easier to get a couple of cheaper cut ribeyes and slice 'em in half.

Heb’s hill country fare marinated skirt steak is great. Use it for asada and fajitas. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

5 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

$2.99! That’s how you ate on a college student budget in the 80’s. That and a Mr. Gatti’s pizza buffet. 

in the early 90s, Jack in the Box on the Drag had the 99 cent "Big Deal Meal."  you got a taco, small fries, and small burger for 99 cents.  3 bucks went a long ways.  i'm paying for it now, but it was glorious back in the day.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wishbone said:

Goodson’s Cafe in Tomball.

23BDB782-0D85-4A19-9EDB-F786A9D2D83C.thumb.png.38591123f13165aff33385c51508444c.png

Bob's Barbeque in Round Rock was the best CFS I have ever had. Much like the above, it came on it's own plate and hung off the side of it. All of your sides had their own bowl/plate and they were amazing. I had my graduation dinner there with about 20 people and every single relative/friend ordered the same thing. I couldn't find a picture, but this is as close as I could find.

Bob sold the restaurant in 1998, and the guy that took over started changing the menu/meat and it was closed by 1999. Talked to Bob and he said that place printed money and if the guy would have just kept everything the same it would still be going. Sad.

lulu's chicken fried steak feeds our whole family of 4! and its sooo good!  | Bakery, Chicken fried steak, Bakery cafe

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

26 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Y'all need to eat your vegetables, or else Surly's going to be a ghost town in a few years. Yikes.

Someone did order broccoli with their CFS at Hill's.

15 minutes ago, Theo Aquacates said:

Only a matter of time before she balloons up.

She already installed some titty balloons.

6 minutes ago, BERT said:

Pretty much

*sigh* I deserve it all. This is what I get for posting when I can’t sleep and it’s late. 

I was doing so good on this site for so long too. 

There’s some things we can let go: this isn’t one of them.

12 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

in the early 90s, Jack in the Box on the Drag had the 99 cent "Big Deal Meal."  you got a taco, small fries, and small burger for 99 cents.  3 bucks went a long ways.  i'm paying for it now, but it was glorious back in the day.

Same time frame.  I worked there for one day.

Also, Burger King had a .99 cent Whopper, Pronto's a $1.99 hot dog/soft drink, and Magic Wok ... $3.99 chicken fried rice.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

Threadgills sucked. 

Hoovers is my go-to in Austin. But don't sleep on Matt's El Rancho "cowboy style" cfs topped with chili gravy, cheese and onions instead of cream gravy.

cowboy style

I was just about to post the cowboy style from Ozonas in Dallas. spacer.png

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust